question about mp3 players

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VertigoGal

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
so...i'm thinking about buying an mp3 player of some sort this month, but i need some help. i'm looking for something under $200, $250 at the very most. i'd like something that holds at least 15GB but I don't need much more than that. I also don't need any video, photo, color capabilities, etc...just music. whether or not it's the ipod brand means nothing to me, I just want something that's good quality and will last me a few years. anyone have any suggestions? :) i'm not necessarily opposed to going on ebay for the older ipod, but i'm wondering if that's a good idea.

there's one i'm looking at right now, the MP-180 from argosy
http://www.compusa.com/products/pro..._code=335142&pfp=external&tabtype=rv#moreinfo

anyone have any experience w/ this one?

you could make a lot more than that on ebay, at least $200...

i'm not sure if i should get a used one. not that i don't think youve taken care of it, but according to the dude i was talking to yesterday theyre only meant to last a few years even when taken care of.

what about the gmini XS200, 20 GB. :hmm: anyone have this one?

(yes, i'm pretending other people are actually reading this thread)

the rockin edge said:

well i looked around to figure out market value this afternoon and I think that $150 is about what it's worth :shrug:

Interesting.....I've been wanting an iPod for a while now, but I don't care if it's used or not the latest and greatest. $150 is WAY more than my parents would spend on me for Christmas though (well $100 would be too), but if my mom asks, I can at least suggest....

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Interesting.....I've been wanting an iPod for a while now, but I don't care if it's used or not the latest and greatest. $150 is WAY more than my parents would spend on me for Christmas though (well $100 would be too), but if my mom asks, I can at least suggest....

:lol: suggest away :mac:

mine has scratches on the screen but aside from that it's great

Scratches are ok by me. I've never had an mp3 player, only a discman that plays mp3 discs, which is fine with me, but my current one has been to Africa and back and barely works. If and when it plays a CD, the songs all skip. The mp3 disc players just wear down fast for me b/c I walk to school and work everyday and they get tossed around in my backpack. Time for an investment...

Scratches are ok by me. I've never had an mp3 player, only a discman that plays mp3 discs, which is fine with me, but my current one has been to Africa and back and barely works. If and when it plays a CD, the songs all skip. The mp3 disc players just wear down fast for me b/c I walk to school and work everyday and they get tossed around in my backpack. Time for an investment...

if it's going to get banged around a bit or you take it running you might want a smaller capacity one
a 15 GB mp3 player usually has a hard drive in it, and the hard drive thingy has to spin and if you jog it too bad it could scratch and ruin it
the smaller ones, 1GB or less like an ipod shuffle or nano have flash memory and no moving parts (I have a 1 GB samsung YP-MT6 and I love it so)

Good call, Kristie. And I don't need anywhere near 15GB (that's how big my laptop's HD is so that's all I have). I considered the shuffle, but I don't like my music on "shuffle" all the time and not being able to select besides continuously clicking forward.

Good call, Kristie. And I don't need anywhere near 15GB (that's how big my laptop's HD is so that's all I have). I considered the shuffle, but I don't like my music on "shuffle" all the time and not being able to select besides continuously clicking forward.

that's exactly why I got the one I did instead of a shuffle - comparable price, but it's got a display screen and you can set playlists, the equalizer, shuffle/normal/repeat/whatever, radio, microphone for recording if you're so inclined
it takes 1 AA battery but it lasts for about 20 hours, I use rechargables

I can't seem to find the exact one I have except on ebay, but best buy or circuit city's website has some very similar ones by samsung and other brands for the same price as a shuffle

Back
Top Bottom