question about directv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
okay, so we're getting directv installed in our house as we speak. the weird thing is, is that my husband said we should tip the guy who's installing the stuff. i've never heard of this before. i know a lot of people here have it and i was wondering if you guys tipped or not.

thanks! :wave:

gandyg01.jpg

i love di-rect tv

Maybe they will start leaving "Tip" jars on your television while they are installing the dish.

I really don't like the recent surge in "Tip" jars.

KhanadaRhodes said:
since the installer guy left 12 hours ago, this thread is now about corduroy pants.

They are cool again I guess. Or "were cool."

Zoney! needed to remind himself that just cause he saw it on a rack next to sime "hip looking jeans" at Wal Mart, doesn't mean it that they are "in style" :tsk:

yeah, i've seen part of the david bowie concert and part of the prince concert. i'd forgotten about that feature and it's really cool. my mom's happy too as she's a prince fan.

That's right. He gets paid well. The only people you should tip are those subject to antiquated federal and state minimum wage laws, which give tipped employees something like $2.00 an hour in standard pay. I can guarantee that the DirecTV installation guy makes far more than that.

Melon

yes yes, since he was here around noon we were getting lunch, and we offered to get him something, especially since he seemed to like the place we were going to grab something. he refused, but we did make him take something to drink when he left. he wouldn't drink anything before when he was installing everything.

Back
Top Bottom