Question about computers/ spreadsheet/ databases...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Se7en

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Ok here's the scoop...
I picked up a few hours each week dj-ing on our college's radio station...
I want to set up a database or something that I can input my playlist into each week. Is it possible to set it up so that for each song I enter, the computer give me the date when it was last entered and the totall number of times entered? Does this make sense?...lol
biggrin.gif

hopefully you can follow that and hopefully someone can help...

------------------
The numeral 7

[This message has been edited by Se7en (edited 11-08-2001).]

gao to those that do not understand
mad.gif

...there, now will i get some replies?

------------------
The numeral 7

[This message has been edited by Se7en (edited 11-09-2001).]

Okay...I'll reply...

I'm sure there is a way to do it. However, to give you step by step instructions just off of the top of my head...I wouldn't be able to. That would be something I personally have to actually get my hands on to play around with.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Okay...I'll reply...

I'm sure there is a way to do it. However, to give you step by step instructions just off of the top of my head...I wouldn't be able to. That would be something I personally have to actually get my hands on to play around with.

Thanks for the attempt, Bonochick...but I now there are some computer whizzes around here.

oh wait...maybe this will get me some help...

Serious questions are people too.?

------------------
The numeral 7

ok, so that didn't work either....let's try something different...

people, i know this isn't a completely ridiculous post that makes absolutely no sense...but do you think you could help anyway?

------------------
The numeral 7

Using Visual basic and Microsoft Access, you can make database programs for pretty much anything you want.

However, I havent done that in ages, nor do I have the necessary programs. But it can be done.

Yeah it's possible... but it might take some time to do so... of course, it'll take a lot of nitpicking planning... but I can see it done.

FileMaker Pro's a great program, if you can invest in the software it can do a lot for you. Pretty easy to learn if you are familiar with standard word, excel, etc and can spend a few hours with the manual. My recommendation, anyway.

smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom