queens of the stone age- lullabies to paralyze

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jphelmet

Refugee
anyone heard this yet? it leaked about a week ago.
i am a huge qotsa fan, but i got to say after a few listens this album is so disappointing. there are several good songs, but in comparison to all their other albums i would rank this one last. it may grow on me, but overall really disappointed.

jp

I refuse to download leaked material, I'll end up not buying the album and it'll ruin it for me! Can't wait for it though! :wink:

Nooooo! I've been looking forward to this! It can't suck! :sigh:

One thing I've learned is to NEVER take the opinions of people who downloaded the material early.

Half the time they find out it wasnt the finished copy, or that the person saying it sucks isnt really a fan to begin with. I dont know, MP3's just suck compared to CD.

hoepfully it is a unfinished copy. the album does not suck- its just not a step forward as their other ablums were (imo). the variety and difference in each song is still there but with much different styles. a lot of the songs sound like experiments much like the desert sessions albums- which may be a good thing to some people. overall there are some very good songs, but as a whole i think it is there weakest album.

thanks to BC work I found this...

ok, I bought it today... and I like it a lot!, I don't have any other album by them, but I find in this album amazing and pure rock... :rockon: Little Sister is an obvious single, the rest of the albums isn't that accessible

4.5 stars from AMG :)

Go get 'Songs for the Deaf' JintheB. It's also very good. :up:

I'm going to see them again in April! Plus Eagles of Death Metal is also on the bill...a double shot of Josh Homme :drool:

Jack In The Box said:
thanks to BC work I found this...

ok, I bought it today... and I like it a lot!, I don't have any other album by them, but I find in this album amazing and pure rock... :rockon: Little Sister is an obvious single, the rest of the albums isn't that accessible

4.5 stars from AMG :)

i'm liking it more- but if you like this album go get all the others. they are all better than the new one. i would rate them:
1 song for the deaf
2 rated r
3 qotsa
4 lullabies

:hmm: I'm glad for tips. I loved Songs for the Deaf. Maybe I'll pass on this one or wait to pick it up cheap and used.

I wanted to go see them next month, but the show's on a school night, and I'm recovering today from a concert last night. :crack:

Songs for the Deaf >>> Lullabies for the Paralyze.

I almost want to purchase QOTSA's new album; but instead, I bought the Bloc Party "Silent Alarm" album. The reason: I thought that Bloc Party's SA has less filler tracks than QOTSA's LFTP.

'Rated R' is far better than 'Songs for the Deaf' in my opinion. I know I've put that in every Queens of the Stone Age related thread ever to hit this forum, but I figured I may as well stay consistant.

Anyways, I still havent heard the new album. I think I've only heard the single on the radio once even.

u2popmofo said:
One thing I've learned is to NEVER take the opinions of people who downloaded the material early.

Half the time they find out it wasnt the finished copy, or that the person saying it sucks isnt really a fan to begin with. I dont know, MP3's just suck compared to CD.

In that case almost all my opinions of music are completely invalidated..
even the stuff I own I listen to in mp3 anyway
heh. damn.

SkeeK said:

In that case almost all my opinions of music are completely invalidated..
even the stuff I own I listen to in mp3 anyway
heh. damn.

I taught you a thing or two!! :wink:

Nah, it's all good, SkeeKy. I already know and trust your tastes, I meant random people on the net who you've never seen or heard of before. That sort of thing.

Back
Top Bottom