Queens of the Stone Age are opening for the Stones when I see them in March!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
:hyper:

:faint:

I missed QOTSA when they were here the last two times. The first time was because it was a school night. The second time was because I was in Portland in December for some reason I forget. :wink:

But now I get to see them. :D

Which show are you going to? I'm going to both the Vegas show & the LA show. Should be great!

QOTSA - one of my son's favorite bands. He gave me a copy of their most recent CD and I really like it. I'm looking forward to seeing them. I hope they do well in front of the Stones fans.

the first time i saw queens was three years ago in norfolk. great show, lots of energy, probably one of the most fun shows i have been to.

the second time i saw queens was last november, and it was pretty awful. in the interceding years nick got fired, mark lannegan left, and they recorded that absolute piece of crap lullabies to paralyze. granted, it didn't help that nine inch nails was headlining the show and the nin fans were completely apathetic towards queens.

anyway, have fun at the show! (i have a feeling the geriatric stones fans are just going to be scratching their wrinkled heads during qotsa's set)

QOTSA the best rocking band of the 2000s:up:
enjoy it there is a lot of energy during their concerts. great band.

can't wait to hear your review Martha! I was listening to KLOS and a few people called in and raved. Kept pointing out Girl With Faraway Eyes and that the band were on fire... Wish I could have gone, but then again, I didn't make any effort:|

Well.

QOTSA may have been better if their new material wasn't so mediocre. I recognized two songs from Songs for the Deaf, and the quality of that material versus the new stuff...the new stuff don't sound good. The band did a great job in front of an alternately apathetic and absent crowd. There were a few of us who appreciated their effort, but I had to turn around and tell the well-heeled old fuckwads behind me to pipe down during QOTSA's set. One of the dickwads said that they were here to hear the Stones. I pointed out that I was there to hear the opening band too. They were able to shut the fuck up after that. :rolleyes: Anyway, Queens of the Stone Age has sounded better I'm sure when 1. they weren't playing to an audience who could give a shit and 2. they were playing good songs. Maybe next time.

The Stones, however were a fucking TRIP. It was hard for me to process the whole thing. Here's this band that I thought was over 25 years ago, performing songs that I've grown up with. The quality of the performance was no problem. These men are pros and they did a hell of a job. The insane part was the songs. I knew the songs, but they were Stones songs. And those were the Stones performing them. :headexploding:

Girl With Faraway Eyes was great! It got my hopes up for Before They Make Me Run and Street Fighting Man, but I knew those weren't going to happen and they didn't.

The disturbing thing was the whoring of the band. The Ameriquest banners and miniblimp (!) were awful. Like the band didn't make enough money from the ticket prices; they to align thenselves with a company under investigation for predatory loan practices. :|

And how come I didn't know about the moving stage?! During Miss You, the band got together on one part of the stage. As they performed the song, the part of the stage they were on lifted up and moved to the center of the arena!!!! (Maybe that's why tickets were so expensive?) And the as the band performed Honkytonk Women, the whole damn thing moved back again. It was pretty cool.

It was a good show. I'm glad I went. The music was great. The band was great. Now I've seen the Stones. Although my husband is still cooler; he saw them when Prince opened for them and was booed off the stage. (No, Steve wasn't booing; he was cheering.)

I was at that Stones show where Prince opened - that was the Coliseum I think... After seeing The Who & Stones there, I never wanted to go to another stadium show again. Perhaps why I missed U2 in the late 80s :reject: And I'll be in Hawaii, but of course the amount of people will still be half the size of that Stones show back in the 80s. I would have loved to have gone last night, but... wasn't in the cards.

Glad you enjoyed yourself :hug:

Back
Top Bottom