Queen to tour again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dutch Partygirl

War Child
I don't know if there are any people here that like Queen, but this was on Brian May's website (http://www.brianmay.com).

Well, the news seems to be out .... Roger spilled the beans on his interview with the Wettendass Web-page gal .... so I endorsed it.

And this time it's not just a rumour. We are in the process of looking at venues for a QUEEN tour in the spring. It really all came about because of the Fender 50th Anniversary gig that I did with Paul Rodgers. We were both so amazed at the chemistry that was going on in All Right Now, that suddenly it seems blindingly obvious that there was "something happening here". And if we were to play together some more, which we both thought was an exciting possibility, who would be the drummer ??? Well, the expression "No Brainer" comes to mind. Then the UK Hall of Fame awards just came up out of the blue. Apparently we had won one of the categories and the request was there for us to play. I had already had the conversation with Roger at this point, about how brilliant Paul Rodgers was, and, since, very conveniently, he had also been asked to be there, we agreed we would ask Paul if he would team up with us for this event.

The rest in a way is already History. The show went so incredibly well from our point of view, and we got so many rave reactions from out there, we decided almost then and there that we would look at a tour together.

This is what we have been doing over the last two or three weeks, looking at venues, discussing how we might approach our collective material, etc. etc.

It's very exciting .... ever since the run-up to that Awards show, I felt in my waters that something big and scary was happening. Scary because as soon as you press the button for something like this you set a massive juggernaut into motion which cannot be stopped ! So bang goes the home life, and anything else we might have planned for the coming months. Suddenly the QUEEN Phoenix is rising again from the ashes, and will take precedence over everything in our lives. So be it. So there ya go. I won't go into more details right now, but, barring accidents, QUEEN and PAUL RODGERS will be on the road, pretty much for sure, around April 2005.

See ya there !

Love

Bri

That's true! I'm not saying that it is or isn't going to work, but I'm glad they choose Paul Rodgers in stead of for instance Robbie Williams (there were rumours for a while that he would do it). I think Paul Rodgers has got a brilliant voice (I saw him live about ten to twelve years ago), but I'm not sure if it'll work out with Queen's music.

Queen is not Queen without Freddie Mercury. I wish them well, but give up the ghost (no pun intended) already!

The only choice for singer should be George Michael. Even though it would be a total nostalgia show, I would pay to see hime sing Queen songs, w/ Queen.

Would a U2 tour work without Bono?

I feel bad for them, really. Freddie Mercury was just such a dynamic frontman.... I think he took 90% of Queen with him when he passed away.

Justin from the Darkness would be great if he wasn't such a fucking ponce. He sounds a good bit like Freddie... but he's NOT Freddie.

George Michael would be... decent. Not familiar with Paul Rodgers, though.

I'm also on the "there's no Queen without Freddie" side. Replacing the front-man in a band is next to impossible (unless you're AC/DC i guess).

I mean release another Best-of or something ... but i doubt they need the money.

well , they Do release their dvds , almost every 6 months Queen release something , and the quality ( extras for example ) is great , i heard that some old & unreleased stuff is being prepared
as for the gigs , under Queen banner ,
go on , i'm not that much interested seing them live , two fellas , now if i had a time machine ,
imagine
queen live 1973-1986 , live ..yeah baby ...

UnforgettableLemon said:
Not familiar with Paul Rodgers, though.

From Bad Company. He's the second from the left.

badcompany05.jpg

Maybe if they toured as the "Brian May Band" or "Brian May and Friends" and did a general covers show featuring a few Queen hits I would find this more acceptable

I also agree that there's no Queen without Freddie Mercury and I don't know who these Paul Rodgers is. To think of a stage and imagine Queen up there performing on tour without Freddie Mercury just doesn’t feel right but to tell you the truth if they play anywhere near me, I'll be there. :p

It would be interesting if they started a new band. The remaining members of Queen plus this Rodgers guy. That would be more honorable and pretty cool. I would totally suport that! :up:

Last edited:
UnforgettableLemon said:
Maybe if they toured as the "Brian May Band" or "Brian May and Friends" and did a general covers show featuring a few Queen hits I would find this more acceptable

Brian May did do two tours with the Brian May Band and he played Queen songs during those tours. But have you ever heard him sing lead vocals?? It's awful... I'd rather hear Paul Rodgers sing them then.

I'm not too keen on this either, but I am very interested to see where this will be going...

I hate what Brian and Roger have done to the Queen name since Freddie's death. It all should've stopped after the Tribute gig in 92. That was enough, and it was a great way to say goodbye, and let us go on enjoying the original music they produced.
But the two of them (not John) had to go on singing with the likes of Five...FUCKIN FIVE, with a terrible cover of We Will Rock You. Then letting Robbie Williams massacre We Are The Champions, and numerous other things. It should now just stop. To my knowledge, John Deacon hasnt wanted anything to do with any of the things they've done since the tribute concert, and that is the way it should be.
The Greatest Hits 3 compilation had that awful Wyclef Jean duet of Another One Bites The Dust - AHH! It just shouldnt happen!

Whoever it was on here that said would U2 go out with a different singer than Bono is correct. That would NEVER happen. It would be ridiculous. Just as this would be.

It will be awful if this happens. Just awful.:madspit: :(

Back
Top Bottom