Queen Live at Wembley

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NamelessStreets

The Fly
Bought Queen Live at Wembley stadium the other day. Fucking brilliant. One of the true, great rock bands, and the only band that I think can give U2 a RUN FOR THEIR MONEY. Not quite there, but not far off. Buy it. A great DVD.

It's great!! Freddie is a rock god, I love the acoustic part: You're so square (baby I don't care) --> Hallo Mary Lou --> Tutti Frutti.

I got this a long time ago it is fantastic. I think U2 are better though because Queen are really all about Freddie and all the communication at concerts goes through Freddie (and occasionally Brian)

U2 however all give communication, as well as having totally diffrent mixes of some songs.

Truley amazing bands though

The only person i belive truly gives U2 a run for their money is Robbie. Then again its a diffrent type of music, but is stunning live. Looking fowards to his Gig at Wembley next year (18th// 19th July, one year on from U2)

Queen is the definition of grandiose and over the top. I can't get into them. They don't have a very detailed aesthetic about them and that's a major problem to me.

Those Wembley shows were fantastic. Freddie is probably the best live performer of his time. Does Bono come close? Definitely. But Freddie just had...something...else. Couldn't tell you what, but it's there.

I think the best moments of those shows had to be A Kind of Magic and Hammer to Fall... I can't even stand AKOM on record now, it's just so weak compared to the live version.

Yeah, I totally concur with what this man is saying in a U2 forum. :|

Nonetheless, Queen II = the best.

I've seen little bits from the DVD - It looks AMAZING, I'd have loved to have gone and seen them - pity Freddie died when I was 1.:mad:

He was such a showman - a perfect frontman for Queen.

Queen live at Wembley was nothing else than an incredible page of music history......................something you even find hard to describe because words wouldn´t be enough

Queen Live At Wembley is just amazing :drool:

Try to get other fantastic gigs as Hammersmith 1979, Sao Paulo 1981 and Rock In Rio 1985

My aunt bought this the other week so I'm joining her at my brother's apt. tomorrow night so we can all watch it with surround sound.

Yay for dorks :up:

Freddie just had the most brilliant voice of all. Ever seen the original Live Aid clips 1985? Hah. Pure Energy. Will always love him. One of the true geniuses, there are very few of his kind.

Back
Top Bottom