Queen Greatest Hits (Platinum Vs. Gold)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Why is this:

58746322.jpg

more expensive than:

B00004Z3AV.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

at Best Buy?

Who the hell would pay more and get the 2 CD set when they can pay less and get 3 CDs??? Or is the Platinum 3CD set inferior in some way from the Gold 2 CD one? I'm thinking of getting the Platinum Collection.

i bought the platinum collection for my father as a birthday gift once.

u2:18 is more expensive than the björk best of at my local record stores. that should tell you a lot.

Last edited:
It doesn't really make sense that Greatest Hits 1 & 2 should cost more than Greatest Hits 1, 2 & 3. But in all honesty, Greatest Hits 3 wasn't really up to much. A lot of remixes and songs that aren't strong enough for a greatest hits compilation. The first two collections truly feature some of Queen's best material. The third collection was just a cash grab without substance, in my opinion.

Yeah, the Platinum version was cheaper for me to get at Barnes & Noble with a gift card, rather than getting the Gold on iTunes...it's insanity! but as i said, i got the Platinum but haven't had a chance to listen to much other than the big hits like Bohemian Rhapsody and Killer Queen..but yeah

like when I could get the QUEEN LIVE AT THE BOWL DVD (2 discs I think) cheaper that the 2 Cd (just audio) version on amazon.co.uk :|

That nifty gold coloured packaging is expensive. :yes: :D

Gold One is been around for a long time , since 1994?? nice looking package too
+ no bad tracks ( unlike GHIII , which had some nice unreleased stuff , but no real hits , more like a b-sides collection )

Back
Top Bottom