Queen/Freddie Mercury fans: I need a recommendation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saracene

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Melbourne, Australia, some time after tea
I wanna buy a book about Queen or Freddie Mercury, but I don't know which ones are actually any good and I don't want to spend my money on some dodgy cut-and-paste scrapbook. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

QueenQueenLoveQueen :D

Mister Mercury by Peter Freestone with David Evans

new_phoebe.jpg

I was reading this in the lib the other day good book

I read a great book about Freddie it was a tiny tiny book and it had stuff about Bryan May in it as well and how Queen was formed in about 50 pages.....i read it about 3 years ago when I started really likin them and it was filled wth facts but i dunno where you would find one :rolleyes:

If you go http://www.freddie.ru:8080/e/books/ here then you will find a list of Freddie books but I've never read any of the other ones....

Hi Saracene
I have only had one Queen book for years, a black and white photo book.Because of Queen Elizabeth's recent concert at Buckingham Palace I decided I 'd scan one of my fave photos from it to attach to my post about that. I now realise I can't find the book. A bit of shock it was. It may turn up.
Anyway, I borrow books from the library a lot , can't always afford to own them. I read not that long ago, "Freddie Mercury - The Definitive Biography" by Lesley-Ann Jones published in 1997. It was very moving, there was so much about him I didn't know. I mainly loved his voice,HIs band , his music,his stage presence ( even though I only ever saw him on video,I was too young when they played in Australia.) and how he looked back in the 70's.

I'm about to read "Queen As It Began" by Jacky Gunn & Jim Jenkins published in 1992. It is forwarded by Brian May.
"This book is a unique document. It is not an attempt by us, the members of Queen, to write our own version of history. Nor is it in any way comparable with the mass of opportunist writings which were hastily turned out following Freddie's tragic death, carelesly cobbled together by various wishful thinkers.....
Jacky Gunn has worked as the Queen Fan Club for ten years...Jim Jenkins..has accumulated a huge body of information about the band activities from the very beginning and is recognised in the fan club as the leading authority on the Queen catalogue......
This of course is not the end of the story, much more can and will follow, but to anyone interested in the strange phenomenon that we have called Queen, this book has to be the best starting place. Read and enjoy, folks!
Brian May 2 May 1992, London."

He was a great loss to the world, a unique musician.
I found when reading that book some so-called "fans" stole photographs from the walls of his school and his birth certificate shortly after he died, that he loved his garden and just how ill he was when that last album was recorded.

"...those days are all gone now
but one thing is true,
when I look
and I find
I still love you........."

RIP Freddie

Read and enjoy

Back
Top Bottom