Queen back in studio....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:

ac/dc replaced their singer after his death and proceeded to release their biggest and best album with the new guy :shrug:

Yeah, but the difference there was that AC/DC had only been around for 5 years at that point, and were just starting to hit their peak, both artistically and commercially. They were still an up and coming band.

This is occurring 15 years after Mercury died, and Queen was billed as done by the time Made In Heaven arrived in 1995. They are well past their prime and are just looking to cash in on the name...

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:

Which is why the band is now "Queen + Paul Rodgers" and not "Queen". And if anyone bitching about this incarnation of the band actually took the time to do some research they'd find that the band tributes Freddie every single show. But, you know, whatever. Feel free to ignore that argument. It's nothing but disrespect of Freddie, that's clearly all this is. It's not like the constituent members of Queen actually contributed something to the band and therefore are worthy of its legacy or anything like that.

exactly.
brian may...hrmph...what a dickhead.
what did he ever do for anybody?
he shouldn't be allowed to make any new music ever again. and never be allowed to play queen songs to people who want to hear them - it would be a complete farce...i mean they'd go to the show, expecting to hear classic Queen, then see this paul rogers dude and be like: "Hey! What the fuck?! I paid for Queen, where's Freddie?":huh:

the arguments against brian may and roger taylor in this thread show a bit of disrespect to 2 of the surviving members of Queen, who, if memory serves me, contributed quite a bit to rock music and popular culture in their own rights...

phanan said:
They are well past their prime and are just looking to cash in on the name...

maybe they like playing and recording music. Seeing as that's what they've done for most of their lives.

What would you have them do? Become auto mechanics?

Oh, wait, abandon the "Queen" brandname. Why? They just toured under it and it worked. Brian was as important to that band as Freddie. And Roger was no slouch.

I agree, they not cool anymore.

And that kinda makes them cool.

Hipsters won't be singing their praises.

Last edited:
dudeman said:

i reckon nobody, and i mean NOBODY, respects freddie mercury as much as brian may and roger taylor.

I totally agree :up:

It's no dis-respect and I think that they think that Freddie would want them go on and not stop just because of his death, Freddie would want them to go on...

I bet there is going to be a new side of Queen this next album...

MrBrau1 said:

maybe they like playing and recording music. Seeing as that's what they've done for most of their lives.

What would you have them do? Become auto mechanics?

Oh, wait, abandon the "Queen" brandname. Why? They just toured under it and it worked. Brian was as important to that band as Freddie. And Roger was no slouch.

So what's the big deal if they call their new band something different? Everyone would know who is in the band anyway, and it would signify something new in their musical careers.

I don't believe I said they can't make music anymore. Perhaps I missed that part and you can enlighten me.

i don't get the problem with it to be honest. I'm not really in the position to get all angry and insulted over Paul Rodgers doing the vocals since I'm not a hardcore fan haha, but I think it would be interesting if they managed to coax Jon Deacon back and the three of them do the vocals themselves and maybe some instrumentals :wink:

Back
Top Bottom