Queen Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nate Dogg

Refugee
Anybody else out there a fan of this wonderful band? They made some of the most eclectic music of the past few decades (up until 1991, anyways). They put on quite a show(like another band we ALL know!)This was my first favorite band before I discovered U2....From The Sheer Heart Attack Album to the awesome Innuendo, they never bored me...I'd like to hear what you all think, what songs you like(if you do at all, that is), and what albums you own...

I like Queen. They're cool.

Every kid I know thinks "Bohemian Rhapsody" is one of the coolest songs ever recorded, and I must say I agree.

Also like "Another One Bites The Dust", "Crazy Little Thing Called Love", "We Are The Champions", "Killer Queen" (I love that one!) and so on.

I personally don't own any of their albums, but I'm sure my parents have some somewhere (seriously, sometime I should go through my parents' record collection and see what all they've got).

Angela

I do like Queen, but the only cd I have of theirs is the Flash Gordon Soundtrack, and I just have that for humorous purposes. I probably should buy some of their greatest hits cds sometime, I just never get around to it, other stuff I'd rather get.

I am

awww now ya done it......I was on a high about getting a good silverchair ticket.
I still cry when I think about Freddie. Just these past couple of weeks I've talked about him to my kids and said what a sad sad loss his death has been to me.
I have cassettes and records and books and CD's and video concerts and documentaries , I bought hub a Queen T shirt...bit of a fan I am.
I have Brian May's Live at Brixton CD...so sad to hear him sing Freddie's part...I love hearing the crowd singing "love of my life" on that one...
"...with every single beat of my heart...":yes:

Attachments

• freddie&brian.jpg
    freddie&brian.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 74
Queen was my first favourite band too, :) It's almost inescapable if you were brought up in Russia, where Queen is probably the second most-revered band of all times behind The Beatles. Their music and videos really blew me away at the time, and Freddie was definitely one of the greatest frontmen ever. Favourite song? Hard to pick, but I'll be really original and say "Bohemian Rhapsody", :)

Queen's Greatest Hits (I & II) is definitely a great buy; their albums were often quite patchy but the singles are damn excellent.

Re: I am

cass said:
I have Brian May's Live at Brixton CD...so sad to hear him sing Freddie's part...I love hearing the crowd singing "love of my life" on that one...
"...with every single beat of my heart...":yes:

yes..I have that one. Pretty touching moment on that CD. It's a shame that Brian's drummer(Cozy Powell) also lost his life just a few years ago, too.

Queen rocks! Freddie was one of the first rock stars I ever had a crush on :lol:

I used to have a few albums but now I only have a greatest hits CD. My favorite songs are Tie Your Mother Down, Killer Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody and pretty much most of the early stuff. I wasn't crazy about the last few things they did.

Would someone please stop mentioning her mom when she talks about Queen? :| I feel old enough already!! :wink:

Anyway, I think Queen may have been my first concert. It was on the Night at the Opera tour. I was in junior high and the nosebleed tickets were all of $7.25. I saw them again on the Day at the Races tour, and one more time on the News of the World tour. The Blasters opened for them! :yes: Queen put on a great show, and Freddie was always flawless as a performer!

I finally found Sheer Heart Attack on cd used! I have everything else on vinyl up till Flash Gordon. I lost interest in their newer stuff after that. I loved Queen when I was a kid. I still like them now; I just don't listen to them that much.

I remember hearing Crazy Little Thing Called Love on the radio when I was about 11 years old and absolutely falling in love with it. That was my first exposure to Queen. I also love We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions, Another One Bites the Dust, One Vision and The Show Must Go On. They definitely kicked ass. They didn't have a weak link in the entire bunch - great frontman, great guitarist, great rhythm section.

(Edited to add I've been meaning to get their Greatest Hits discs, but I've been a very bad girl and have been buying WAAAAY too many CDs lately, so it may be a while before I pick them up.)

Last edited:
Anthemic like U2... weird that almost everytime I go to a sports event I hear Queen and U2 the most.

Bohemian Rhapsody forever!

Yes, Queen is the most underrated and underappreciated group out there. No one can top Freddie Mercury's talent. Loved them since I was a little kid.

I noticed some of you mention that you werent' crazy about the later stuff. I think you should all try and give another listen. Innuendo, their last studio album together, is simply a masterpiece.

Long live Freddie! :love:

I love Queen! Some of my favorites are:

Killer Queen
(You're my) Best Friend
Bohemian Rhapsody
Fat Bottomed Girls
We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions
and more,

but really didn't care for much of their stuff made after 1980. It just wasn't as good IMO. Still, a GREAT band and deserving of praise as one of the best ever.

Yes, Queen was great.

I remember last year on a Dutch holiday (Queen's Day) there was a free concert by Brian May and Roger Taylor in Amsterdam. Together with guest musicians they played for 45 minutes. The square they played was packed! IIRC, more than 30,000 people witnessed the event. I saw the whole concert on TV that night. It still gave me the shivers. Even though the vocals weren't that great and there were some musical misses. But then, nobody can touch Freddie's voice, as also the Freddie Tribute showed.
I only have Greatest Hits I , II and The Miracle. (My father has Innuendo and it is great to hear Freddie passed out on a musical high as it is a superb album).

Favourite songs?
We Will Rock You
Killer Queen
One Vision
Innuendo
Hitman
...too many to mention...

C ya!

Marty

martha said:
Would someone please stop mentioning her mom when she talks about Queen?
i will! :wave:

i like queen. while i don't own any albums, umm, i'm sure we have several of their albums in our house! there! :D

some of my favourite songs: bohemian rhapsody (of course!), killer queen, another one bites the dust, under pressure...

I love QUEEN!!!

Their 3 greatest hits albums are amazing and I can never be bored with that band! Bohemian Rhapsody still sends shivers down y spine!

You have failed to mention Stone Cold Crazy... the best driving song ever. But, it does have the tendency of making you drive like the Dukes of Hazard...wahoo.

I love Don't Stop me nooooooow Im haviiiiiiing suuuuch a goooood tiiiiime

I love Freddies Barcelona with Montserrat Caballet (sp?) and The Great Pretender

I think Bohemian Rhapsody is a bit overrated but its still a great tune

I had to revive this thread.... Anybody else going to be checking out the DVD release of "Live at Wembley '86" on Tuesday?

I grew with the Queen music...
my mother played Bohemian Rhapsody to sleep me when I was a little baby :)

I shocked everyone who knows my love for Queen by saying that I don't intend to go and see that "We Will Rock You" musical that's coming to Melbourne soon. I don't even know why I feel such aversion at the thought; after all I enjoyed the hell out of "Mamma Mia!". It's probably the thought of these songs performed by someone who is not Freddie.

ben elton was interviewed on "Rove" last night. He said he is very very happy with the ensemble they have gathered for the Australian production. I would really really really really love to go to the show..

but I won't .
Freddie:(
Freddie:)
"that would really be a breakthru..........oh yeah":)

Back
Top Bottom