Queen Appreciation Thread - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2003, 04:56 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 01:05 AM
Queen Appreciation Thread

Anybody else out there a fan of this wonderful band? They made some of the most eclectic music of the past few decades (up until 1991, anyways). They put on quite a show(like another band we ALL know!)This was my first favorite band before I discovered U2....From The Sheer Heart Attack Album to the awesome Innuendo, they never bored me...I'd like to hear what you all think, what songs you like(if you do at all, that is), and what albums you own...

Old 02-12-2003, 05:27 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 12:05 AM
I like Queen. They're cool.

Every kid I know thinks "Bohemian Rhapsody" is one of the coolest songs ever recorded, and I must say I agree.

Also like "Another One Bites The Dust", "Crazy Little Thing Called Love", "We Are The Champions", "Killer Queen" (I love that one!) and so on.

I personally don't own any of their albums, but I'm sure my parents have some somewhere (seriously, sometime I should go through my parents' record collection and see what all they've got).

Angela

Old 02-12-2003, 06:46 PM   #3
Blue Meth Addict

I do like Queen, but the only cd I have of theirs is the Flash Gordon Soundtrack, and I just have that for humorous purposes. I probably should buy some of their greatest hits cds sometime, I just never get around to it, other stuff I'd rather get.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:15 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:05 PM
I am

awww now ya done it......I was on a high about getting a good silverchair ticket.
I still cry when I think about Freddie. Just these past couple of weeks I've talked about him to my kids and said what a sad sad loss his death has been to me.
I have cassettes and records and books and CD's and video concerts and documentaries , I bought hub a Queen T shirt...bit of a fan I am.
I have Brian May's Live at Brixton CD...so sad to hear him sing Freddie's part...I love hearing the crowd singing "love of my life" on that one...
"...with every single beat of my heart..."
Attached Thumbnails
freddie&brian.jpg  
Old 02-12-2003, 08:22 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:05 AM
Queen was my first favourite band too, It's almost inescapable if you were brought up in Russia, where Queen is probably the second most-revered band of all times behind The Beatles. Their music and videos really blew me away at the time, and Freddie was definitely one of the greatest frontmen ever. Favourite song? Hard to pick, but I'll be really original and say "Bohemian Rhapsody",

Queen's Greatest Hits (I & II) is definitely a great buy; their albums were often quite patchy but the singles are damn excellent.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:28 PM   #6
Refugee

Re: I am

Quote:
Originally posted by cass
I have Brian May's Live at Brixton CD...so sad to hear him sing Freddie's part...I love hearing the crowd singing "love of my life" on that one...
"...with every single beat of my heart..."
yes..I have that one. Pretty touching moment on that CD. It's a shame that Brian's drummer(Cozy Powell) also lost his life just a few years ago, too.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:39 PM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:05 PM
good band!!!
Old 02-12-2003, 10:51 PM   #8
BAW
The Flower

Queen rocks! Freddie was one of the first rock stars I ever had a crush on

I used to have a few albums but now I only have a greatest hits CD. My favorite songs are Tie Your Mother Down, Killer Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody and pretty much most of the early stuff. I wasn't crazy about the last few things they did.
Old 02-12-2003, 11:09 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
Freddie was one of the first rock stars I ever had a crush on
My mom had a crush on him, too! .

Angela
Old 02-13-2003, 12:33 AM   #10
She's the One

Would someone please stop mentioning her mom when she talks about Queen? I feel old enough already!!

Anyway, I think Queen may have been my first concert. It was on the Night at the Opera tour. I was in junior high and the nosebleed tickets were all of $7.25. I saw them again on the Day at the Races tour, and one more time on the News of the World tour. The Blasters opened for them! Queen put on a great show, and Freddie was always flawless as a performer!

I finally found Sheer Heart Attack on cd used! I have everything else on vinyl up till Flash Gordon. I lost interest in their newer stuff after that. I loved Queen when I was a kid. I still like them now; I just don't listen to them that much.
Old 02-13-2003, 12:51 AM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I remember hearing Crazy Little Thing Called Love on the radio when I was about 11 years old and absolutely falling in love with it. That was my first exposure to Queen. I also love We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions, Another One Bites the Dust, One Vision and The Show Must Go On. They definitely kicked ass. They didn't have a weak link in the entire bunch - great frontman, great guitarist, great rhythm section.

(Edited to add I've been meaning to get their Greatest Hits discs, but I've been a very bad girl and have been buying WAAAAY too many CDs lately, so it may be a while before I pick them up.)
Old 02-13-2003, 02:30 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Anthemic like U2... weird that almost everytime I go to a sports event I hear Queen and U2 the most.

Bohemian Rhapsody forever!
Old 02-13-2003, 08:23 AM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by martha
Would someone please stop mentioning her mom when she talks about Queen? I feel old enough already!!
LOL, I'm sorry!

Angela
Old 02-13-2003, 09:06 AM   #14
War Child

Local Time: 02:05 AM
Yes, Queen is the most underrated and underappreciated group out there. No one can top Freddie Mercury's talent. Loved them since I was a little kid.

I noticed some of you mention that you werent' crazy about the later stuff. I think you should all try and give another listen. Innuendo, their last studio album together, is simply a masterpiece.

Long live Freddie!
Old 02-13-2003, 09:09 AM   #15
She's the One

I think I have to correct myself and move each concert up one tour. It was Day at the Races, News of the World, and then Jazz. Or maybe I saw them more than three times.

I am old, so that'll be my excuse!

Hi Angela!

Tags
queen