Queen Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got the DVD today. What an amazing band. I listened to the audio tape of this endlessly when it was released back in '92. It brings back memories...pretty cool to finally see what I was hearing....

Recommended....

I love Queen - The Greatest Hits I II and III are brilliant!

Some of my favourite songs ever are:

Bohemian Rhapsody
Days of our Lives
Under Pressure (with Bowie)
Another One Bites the Dust
We Will Rock You
We Are The Champions
Killer Queen
Somebody To Love

We Will Rock you the Musical in London is really good! - the cast are brilliant and its great for any Queen fan!!! :)

Before U2, Queen was absolutely without a doubt my most favourite Rock group. They were sensational; operatic, ecclectic, experimental, avant-guarde, mind-blowingly brilliant. Freddie Mercury was, and still is, the best performer in the Rock World there ever was - his live performances were absolutely fantastic, his voice, (his range I tell you - his sheer bloody range!), was incomparable.

One of the saddest days of my life was his passing, I still mourn him and the untimely end of the band - just imagine what Queen would have been upto in the oh so dull 90s, experimenting with this that and the other - what would they be like today? Amazing, thats what. Everytime I hear Queen, I think about how they matured so fantastically, how their music only got better and better by the years (Surely enough, my favourite music was their post mid 80s era; A Kind of Magic, The Works, Innundeo, - even the posthumous 'Made in Heaven') and how they were interrupted by that most tragic of deaths, if they were still around, they would be absolutely amazing.

They were theatrical, strange, eccentric, 'bohemian' and in the 80s way, rather cheesy at times - but it was no matter; the emotion was genuine.

My fave tracks of all time; 'I Want to Break Free'
'Who Wants to Live Forever'
'Breakthrough'
Innunedo
'I'm Going Slightly Mad'
'Days of Our lives'
'Let me Live'
oh... and of course.... 'Killer Queen'.

Hehe.

RIP Freddie Mercury.

just felt the urge to say.........

:heart: Freddie:heart:
:hug: Bryan, John, Roger:hug:

"...those days are all gone now
but one thing is true
when I look
and I find

I still love you..."

aww just the thought of the last time those eyes of Freddie's looked directly into the camera. He worked and created right up until the last. Phenomenal.
It's winter time and a beautiful day..the sun is shining.....nothing's gonna stop us now.

sorry, I just still can't believe hardly we lost such a great talent.I miss him.

:sad:

Of course, cass, you knew that when he did that video (Days of Our Lives) along with 'I'm going slightly Mad' the man was in terrible excurciating pain. Noted, the latter video had a lot of action involved, but the former was done after when he was in a terrible amount of pain and in need of a terrible amount of makeup. When I look at that video and see how much of himself he puts into the entire thing, it really moves me.

God bless.

Ant.

The end of days of our lives when he whispers I STILL LOVE YOU...it always brings a tear to my eye :(

beautiful song

it's amazing how powerful some of his final vocals were, considering how sick he was. He was the ultimate performer on stage and in the studio...

When I was seventeen
I drank a very good beer
A very good beer
That I purchased
With a fake ID
My name was Brian McGee
I stayed up listening to Queen
When I was seventeen

Back
Top Bottom