Queen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ponkine said:
God Save The Queen :drool: :yes: :laugh: :heart:

Does anybody else in here like Queen ? :rockon:

I personally think that they were simply FANTASTIC, amazing, innovative, fresh, unique and landmark.

While their 70s were Rock at the finest level of composition, their 80s were experimental, adding new sounds, more keyboards, pop influences, etc, etc. I love every Queen album, except for Hot Space.

Moreover, I really believe they were a better live band than U2, because since their first LP tour until their last gig at Knewborth 1986, they were fantastic performers as well showmen, specially Freddie.

I haven´t seen no other band that can make sing every single song in front of 250,000 people (Rock in Rio 1985) as one, and every gig was an event, just remember Hammersmith 1979, Sao Paulo 1981 (130,000 people attended at Morumbi Stadium, biggest attendance for a single band concert at that time!), Live Aid 1985 (sorry guys, but the kings of that event weren´t U2, were Queen) Wembley 1986, Knewborth 1986, etc, etc.

Also I haven´t seen no other band with more Stadium anthems as Queen. "We Will Rock You", "We Are The Champions", "Tie Your Mother Down", "Radio Ga Ga", "Love Of My Life", "Save Me", "In The Laps Of God", "Friends Will Be Friends", "A Kind Of Magic", "Spread Your Wings", "39", "Is This The World We Created", "Under Pressure", "Somebody To Love", etc, etc

Good news for you, Queen fans.
This is more than just a rumor, because in August it was posted the the results of a poll with more than 1100 votes on the official Brian May site (www.brianmay.com). And fans voted for the new Queen concert on DVD...

Houston, USA, 1977 :drool: (a 70s gig at last !!). In case you don´t know, the release of "Queen On Fire - Live At The Bowl" was because of another poll, in which the famous Milton Keynes 1982 gig was voted as the next Queen release on DVD !!.

As what happened with the Milton Keynes concert, so far there isn´t a complete video version circulating among collectors, so it will be more exciting to see it complete for the first time.
Here´re the results:

What should the next live Queen DVD release be?

Houston (USA - 1977) 27% 311

Hyde Park (London, UK - 1976) 15% 172

Rainbow Theatre (London, UK - 1974) 14% 165

Concert For Kampuchea - Hammersmith Odeon (London, UK - 1979) 12% 138

Hammersmith Odeon (London, UK - 1975) 10% 113

Rock In Rio (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - 1985) (Both nights seperately) 9% 104

Budapest, Hungary (1986) 6% 67

Tokyo, Japan (10-04-1979) 4% 42

Yogishi Auditorium (Tokyo, Japan - 1985) 2% 22

Seibu Lions Stadium (Tokorozawa , Japan - 1982) 1% 7

total votes: 1141

Visit this link http://www.brianmay.com/whatsnew.html (search August 2005)

All can I say is WOW!!! the Houston 1977 was truly outstanding, with every member in top form, specially Freddie´s voice and Roger´s drumming. It was the first time they performed their anthems "We Will Rock You" and "We Are The Champions", and it´s so amazing to listen to them almost as studio versions, with Freddie in excellent vocal shape.

It will be the first time that songs as "Death On Two Legs", "The Millionaire Waltz", "You're My Best Friend", "39", "White Man", Stone Cold Crazy" or others will appear on DVD.

Peace :wave:

They're fucking cheesy, soulless rubbish. Hilarious to see you of all people champion a band like this, BTW.

:up:

Next to U2 and Beatles, the first band I was interested in. A legendary singer and next to Edge, my favourite guitar player to listen to.

Great band with no pretensions, how about we all sing Don't Stop Me Now to pay our respects..............

I gonna make a supersonic man out of you!:wink:

P.S. One of the most fun bands ever:drool:

babyman said:

Do you really think Brian hasn't done it only for money in the end?
Clearly he can do all he wants, he has the copyrights of the songs and of the name "Queen".
You talk as a young fan who is glad to hear Queen songs, and that's good, of course. But you don't attend Queen, neither John was there! This is the fact, where was Queen?? They aren't there anymore, I suppose you know what kind of concerts Queen used to do.
Talk to an oldie Queen fan, he will never appreciate this, young fan do because they haven't lived the magic of having a band like them. What would you say if Edge and Larry would assume a new singer, and performing as U2+the new singer??
Wouldn't you get pissed off knowing for example what U2 concerts were with Bono, would you ever imagine any kind of substitute?? U2 are Bono, Edge, Adam , Larry.............if two of them wouldn't be at their place would you still call Edge and Larry U2?? I would call them the former guitarist and the former drummer of U2
That's the same with Queen, the 4 men together have done too much great things to accept that 2 of them assume paul rodgers (is he really that worth Freddie's substitute?? Freddie never needed a bunch of chorus members to hide an incapacity of reaching the high notes........). The ones who have Freddie in their eyes cannot tolerate it, Freddie was the master of Queen, he was everything in that band........
That's the problem, it would have sounded a lot better if they would have call themselves "A tribute to Queen", not Half the Queen and paul rodgers. I also dislike the new live album title "The return of the Champions"..............wow, Freddie lives again and John is performing having a satellite connection............
I'm afraid, but Brian and Roger did everything for money, they no longer had the same resonance they used to have and so they needed to resurrect the name "Queen" to have a bit back...........................

Well, it's true, and I'm sure that older Queen fans will be disappointed by this whole development. Freddie pretty much was Queen, but, Brian May et al aren't without their talents.

As for the U2 thing, I don't necessarily equate the loss of a key member as a deathkiss for any band. Certainly, the quality of their new work declines sharply, and you're absolutely right to say so. If Adam and Bono left U2, would I still go see U2 if 'seeing U2' meant only Edge and Larry? Of course I would.

As I see it, a rose by any other name still smells as sweet. If you don't want to call the new Queen 'Queen', I can appreciate that. We can call them 'Tribute To Queen', and I won't make any arguments against doing so.

I'd still go see The Who now, even though Entwhistle and Moon are dead, and they were two fantastically talented men. Call it Daultry and Townshend, or The Who, I'd still pay to go see the show. I'd still go see Zeppelin, or Page and Plant, or whatever you want to call it now, just because there's something too good about it to miss out on. Even though Bonn Scott is gone, or even if Angus Young were to depart, I'd still go see AC/DC. Roger Waters, Pink Floyd, Gilmore et al. I guess the thing is, I'll take what I can get. What has my generation to offer in terms of rock, that isn't Dave Grohl? Scott Stapp and Creed? Chad Kroeger and Nickleback?

I know that it isn't the same thing. I mean, I can appreciate Zeppelin fans who could never see Zeppelin or anything passed off as Zeppelin without John Bohnam. In a way, I can't blame them, either. A mere part of the group will never make up for the absence of the whole. Some people just can't be replaced.

On the other hand, though, even if it isn't the same; what a blessing it is to have those few who remain, who were such a part of such a wonderful thing that are still able (at least in some way) to move us as they once did. Four random people playing Another One Bites The Dust are not Queen, but to have Brian May and Roger Taylor, and to hear them play, and to remember... I think that's still a very worthwhile experience.

Saying that Brian May wasn't without his talents was a bit of an understatement, I will admit. Noone But You is possibly my favourite song, out of any song, ever.

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
Saying that Brian May wasn't without his talents was a bit of an understatement, I will admit. Noone But You is possibly my favourite song, out of any song, ever.

I get'ya. :wink:

I'm just responding to the May=$ bashing.

He did write 1/2 their stuff and was as important as Freddie.

MrBrau1 said:

I get'ya. :wink:

I'm just responding to the May=$ bashing.

He did write 1/2 their stuff and was as important as Freddie.

:up:

Brian has such a wonderful voice too. At the moment, '39 is my top sing along song!

I don't get the Queen bashers. I suppose most of them haven't heard Queen's early work, which was just out of this world. They did kind of lose their spark towards the end, but that's completely understandable, considering the circumstances. Really, people, do not judge Queen based on some of their late singles.

I truly believe Freddie Mercury was the greatest singer to ever grace this earth.

thier latest stuff is underrated , for somewhat reason on allmusic.com all post 82 reviews are 3 stars at max , but if you read the reviews , they can't usually name any flaws at all , all critics tell us is that everything is great , but we ( critics ) don't like it

the miracle was not so good ( 50/50 )

but innuendo deserved better portable points

:|

babyman said:

That's new to me.....................queen most underrated band ever???

By who???

Freddie is almost being sanctified, Brian's name is in many top ten guitarists lists, Roger and John got and get still resonance...............
I mean, it's about 13 years that the band no more exists (physically), this doesn't mean they got underrated...............

Who ever would be or has been so unconscious to underrate them...........I still watch many specials about them running on tv with lots of music criticians appreciation

yes, queen get credit, and loads of it. what i'm saying is that they're still underrated. they're better than any amount of credit they get.
that's how fucking good they are.

GibsonGirl said:
They did kind of lose their spark towards the end, but that's completely understandable, considering the circumstances. Really, people, do not judge Queen based on some of their late singles.

I agree with you, except for Innuendo. That album was incredible and a fitting way to end their career, even though Made In Heaven was released later.

queen :drool: :heart:

people my age seem to underestimate Queen and their raw talent. it's a shame such a great band could possibly be thought of so negatively. :tsk:

It hurts my brain just trying to think about how good Queen really was. It's too bad no one has picked up their torch :(

My favorite band until I discovered U2....

Innuendo (except for maybe Delilah) is great

News Of The World is even better.

and my favorite Queen album...Sheer Heart Attack (In The Lap Of The Gods...Revisited...:up: )

Back
Top Bottom