Queen - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2005, 10:28 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:56 AM
"Millionaire Waltz" live?!?!?!

That'll be a sight...

Biggest Queen fan ever, here.

Old 10-13-2005, 10:31 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy
Biggest Queen ever, here.

Old 10-13-2005, 10:37 PM   #18
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 01:56 AM
As a Queen fan who is but a mere 20 years of age, I'm going to have to dissent babyman's opinion on the new tour: I don't think that this is profane in any sense of the word. First, they aren't creating any new songs and calling them 'Queen' songs; second, they're 'Queen with Paul Rodgers' and not merely 'Queen'; third, it gives an opportunity for young fans, such as myself, who couldn't have possibly seen Queen live (and, even if we did (which I haven't) wouldn't remember it) to be witness to the wholly awesome experience that is a Queen live show, at least in some sort of capacity. They aren't claiming to be Freddie, and they recognize that he's not a man who can be replaced. That kind of talent is rare, if not unique; there can only ever be one Freddie Mercury - but that doesn't mean that people should be SOL. Sure, it isn't going to be Freddie Mercury good, but Brian May and Roger Taylor, (and maybe John Deacon?) are far more talented than most bands touring today; that alone makes it worthwhile.

I mean, money or not, if Brian May wants money, all he has to do is put on a show within a 4 hour drive of here and I'll get my ass on a bus to go see it. To say that no Queen songs should ever be performed live again because it besmirches Freddie's memory is wrong - I mean, hell, didn't My Chemical Romance and The Used just do a godawful cover of Under Pressure? Now -that- is something that would have Freddie rolling in his grave. On the other hand, the fact that people still love his music would make him happy, and I don't think he'd want to deny us his gift.

If my choice is 3/4 of Queen, in all their glory, or MCR+tU (or any other shitty band doing a miserable cover of an otherwise perfect song), I'm going to take the Queen that I can get any day.

Old 10-13-2005, 11:03 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ponkine
Here´s the Houston 11-12-1977 setlist

2. We Will Rock You(Fast)

as I said in a thread I started in January I think (that only got about 2 pages too), this is THE GREATEST ROCK SONG EVER... hands down...

I really was hating WWRY... because it's boring, just damn too easy and too muchof a crowd pleaser... it had gotten stale (like Pride maybe, but I choose Pride any day)...

BUT... the Fast Version... is... wow... the greatest rock song ever... vitality, anger, pasion, all wraped up NOT in a 2:30 mins anthem, but a 2:30 mins WARSONG, a thing of such power that all you get to say at the end is "what was THAT?" and listen again and again and again, something that with the original you'd be sick around the 4th time.

You said it... Queen, the most underrated superband of the world.

Quote:
27. Jailhouse Rock
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?????

I HAVE to listen to that
Old 10-13-2005, 11:07 PM   #20
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:56 AM
All we hear is...
*clap* *clap*
Radio Ga Ga
*clap* *clap*
Radio Goo Goo
*clap* *clap*
Radio Ga Ga
Old 10-13-2005, 11:25 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

"Tie Your Mother Down"

Towards the end of the tune he sings

"give me every inch of your love."

People were surprised he was gay?
Old 10-13-2005, 11:38 PM   #22
I serve MacPhisto

That always kindof suprised me too, actually.

Were people not watching him dance around on stage? He actually had fashion sense? ... 'Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy'?? Yeah.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:02 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:56 AM
I even like the 80's shit like "Calling All Girls" and "I Want To Break Free"

great band
Old 10-14-2005, 12:06 AM   #24
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:56 PM
My eyes are too tired to read the whole thread

Saw Queen on The Game tour (82?) at Irvine Meadows in S.Calif (it's changed names many times since then). Freddy & company put on an awesome show

And I'm gonna take my daughter to see them at the Hollywood Bowl on 10/22. Crappy seats, but we will still be there. And I always loved Paul Rodgers voice - never got to see Bad Co., Free, The Firm,... etc. So.... it's all good
Old 10-14-2005, 01:30 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Bohemiam Rhapsody is one of the most creative pieces of music I've ever heard.

Great Band, Freddie Merc was one of the greatest ever!
Old 10-14-2005, 01:52 AM   #26
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrBrau1
People were surprised he was gay?
FREDDIE MERCURY WAS GAY?!!!!!!!!?!?!?!!???????????!?!?!??!?!
Old 10-14-2005, 02:13 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ~unforgettableFOXfire~
As a Queen fan who is but a mere 20 years of age, I'm going to have to dissent babyman's opinion on the new tour: I don't think that this is profane in any sense of the word. First, they aren't creating any new songs and calling them 'Queen' songs; second, they're 'Queen with Paul Rodgers' and not merely 'Queen'; third, it gives an opportunity for young fans, such as myself, who couldn't have possibly seen Queen live (and, even if we did (which I haven't) wouldn't remember it) to be witness to the wholly awesome experience that is a Queen live show, at least in some sort of capacity. They aren't claiming to be Freddie, and they recognize that he's not a man who can be replaced. That kind of talent is rare, if not unique; there can only ever be one Freddie Mercury - but that doesn't mean that people should be SOL. Sure, it isn't going to be Freddie Mercury good, but Brian May and Roger Taylor, (and maybe John Deacon?) are far more talented than most bands touring today; that alone makes it worthwhile.

I mean, money or not, if Brian May wants money, all he has to do is put on a show within a 4 hour drive of here and I'll get my ass on a bus to go see it. To say that no Queen songs should ever be performed live again because it besmirches Freddie's memory is wrong - I mean, hell, didn't My Chemical Romance and The Used just do a godawful cover of Under Pressure? Now -that- is something that would have Freddie rolling in his grave. On the other hand, the fact that people still love his music would make him happy, and I don't think he'd want to deny us his gift.

If my choice is 3/4 of Queen, in all their glory, or MCR+tU (or any other shitty band doing a miserable cover of an otherwise perfect song), I'm going to take the Queen that I can get any day.

Do you really think Brian hasn't done it only for money in the end?
Clearly he can do all he wants, he has the copyrights of the songs and of the name "Queen".
You talk as a young fan who is glad to hear Queen songs, and that's good, of course. But you don't attend Queen, neither John was there! This is the fact, where was Queen?? They aren't there anymore, I suppose you know what kind of concerts Queen used to do.
Talk to an oldie Queen fan, he will never appreciate this, young fan do because they haven't lived the magic of having a band like them. What would you say if Edge and Larry would assume a new singer, and performing as U2+the new singer??
Wouldn't you get pissed off knowing for example what U2 concerts were with Bono, would you ever imagine any kind of substitute?? U2 are Bono, Edge, Adam , Larry.............if two of them wouldn't be at their place would you still call Edge and Larry U2?? I would call them the former guitarist and the former drummer of U2
That's the same with Queen, the 4 men together have done too much great things to accept that 2 of them assume paul rodgers (is he really that worth Freddie's substitute?? Freddie never needed a bunch of chorus members to hide an incapacity of reaching the high notes........). The ones who have Freddie in their eyes cannot tolerate it, Freddie was the master of Queen, he was everything in that band........
That's the problem, it would have sounded a lot better if they would have call themselves "A tribute to Queen", not Half the Queen and paul rodgers. I also dislike the new live album title "The return of the Champions"..............wow, Freddie lives again and John is performing having a satellite connection............
I'm afraid, but Brian and Roger did everything for money, they no longer had the same resonance they used to have and so they needed to resurrect the name "Queen" to have a bit back...........................
Old 10-14-2005, 04:01 AM   #28
Refugee

Local Time: 07:56 AM
QUEEN
find somebody to love - another one bites to dust - one vision
these 3 songs are just a few of their great work. they did some really different styles in a great artistic way.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:11 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:56 AM
Queen will always have a special place in my heart as my first favourite band,
Old 10-14-2005, 10:22 AM   #30
Refugee

Local Time: 02:56 AM
seriesno?

Tags
queen