Q Magazine's 25 Most Pathetic Musicians

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
I'm not one for negativity, of course, but well, get stuck in!

(And no I don't agree with the list at all but it's fun. Yeah? Except for the notable exclusions of Matty Bellamy and someone else I wanted to slag off but now I can't remember who. Ah well. Of those I know on the list the only one I'd really disagree with is Nick Cave. I can see why the rest are annoying to some degree, although I do like some of them.)

25. Brandon Flowers
24. Roger Daltrey
23. Lars Ulrich
22. Kasabian
21. Bryan Ferry
20. Beck
19. Andrew Fletcher
18. Angus Young
17. Mike Mills
16. Nick Cave
15. Danny McNamara
14. Mick Mars
13. Dave Rowntree
12. Moby
11. The one, the only, Mr. Nicholas Wire!!!!!
10. Britney Spears
9. Linkin Park
8. Ronan Keating
7. Chris Martin
6. Morrissey
5. Paul Heaton
4. Brian May
3. Dido
2. Sir Ciff Richard

*drum roll*

1. Lou Reed

Brian May? As in legend from Queen? That deserves a "WTF?" on its own, but putting him ahead of Britney Spears requires a double "WTF?"

What experience, pray tell?

Is he on the list for being "the first goth with a comb-over?"

I swear this list is being made on hair. That's why Mike Mills is on it.

yertle-the-turtle said:
What experience, pray tell?

I vaguely know his work being on the fringes of many artist groups I'm into... but I'm not that into it. At the start of the year he played at a big stadium festival gig to 60,000 people or so... mainly teeny-boppers. The reaction was pretty damn disrecptful... but his performance left a lot to be desired even by his standards. :S

I heard him described many times as "dazed" "stoned" or "drunk".

Brian May should be 4th on the best rock musicans. not the worst.

Then again i always love dido....

I would have thrown the lead singer of The Darkness in there, and all of Nickelback.

I see that Mr. Jumpy himself is there at number 7, so this list has some merit!

:wink:

Q is so stereotypically melodramatic British music pub. They fellate the stars on the list to get them on the cover of the magazine, then call them pathetic a month later.

I can't believe Beck is on that list.

I always associate these types of lists with NME :shrug:
I'm kind of surprised Q published one. Maybe it's just been too long since I picked up a copy.

To be honest, I am a little surprised Bono isn't on the list.

Last edited:
fuck them for putting Lou Reed on there, and at #1? The guy recorded a great album back in 2000 (Ecstasy), and even if the Edgar Allan Poe thing was uneven, it was certainly an interesting effort.

Bunch of assholes.

Yeah, Mike Mills? Where did that come from? Maybe it was those Nudie suits.

OK let's contextualise this. Q's definition of pathetic means not being what someone on murmurs (I googled the Mike Mills thing, it couldn't really be the hair) calls "a latex, poofed up hair, shiny lip glossed, groupie banging, hard drinking, drug popping, lawsuit pending god", which explains Nicky Wire being on there for being a clean freak.

Basically they're slagging off nice wealthy musicians for not conforming to what is a very narrow minded definition of 'rock n' roll'. Pretty crap list.

That said Brian May still has crap hair, as does Mike Mills.

Edit: Apparently Brian May's on there for um, liking astronomy.

Last edited:
I don't understand why roger doultry would even qualify to be on that list. That would be like bono being on the list. He's not on the band to play guitar, he may play it occasionaly live, but he's the vocalist, not the musician.

Back
Top Bottom