Pyongyang, North Korea Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame said issue isn't dealt with the sensitivity it deserves, just a whole bunch of violent kneejerks.

Do we really need to keep making policies that try to find a fine line that appeases everybody?

Because we haven't got much done thus far trying to do that. Time to just say we're going to behave like the compassionate people we should be, and if the racists and xenophobes don't like that, then fuck 'em.

I'm trying to finish off my application for Mazars for a training contract after I'm done my masters...

I've lost the will to bullshit answer another "why do you want to work here" question...I don't I just want a job...but I think they want a little more than that :lol:

Seriously, does anybody reading the applications really believe people want to work at most places for any reason beyond "I want a job, give me money please"?

Seriously, does anybody reading the applications really believe people want to work at most places for any reason beyond "I want a job, give me money please"?

I doubt it I fail to see how anyone can be inspired about a future in audit :lol:

By the waaay, yesterday was the one year anniversary of Horrible Music Hour.

We totally do. There's a backlog of albums that look simply amazing, and by amazing I mean horrendous.

Did you see that BROKENCYDE HAVE A NEW ALBUM COMING OUT.

Even better, it's called BROKENCYDE WILL NEVER DIE.

We totally do. There's a backlog of albums that look simply amazing, and by amazing I mean horrendous.

Oh my review will kill them I'll make sure of it :wink:

Have you seen the tracklist? It's a thing of wonderment.

1. Epic Intro
2. Dis Iz a Rager Dude
3. Always Go Hard
4. SHAKE!
5. Whatcha Want
6. T.M.H.T.S. Lesson 1 (skit)
7. Teach Me How To Scream
8. Money Hungry Hoe
9. High Timez (feat. Daddy X of the Kottonmouth Kings)
10. Where we @? (skit)
11. Da House Party
12. My Gurl
13. Kama Sutra
14. Ugly Bitch with a Mustache (skit)
15. Goose Gogglez
16. U Ain’t Crunk
17. Ride Slow
18. Sunshine

Money Hungry HOE? A garden hoe?

9th of November, my good man!

What the sweet fuck are "goose gogglez"?

Oh, FINALLY an e-mail shows up from U2.com re: U2 in Winnipeg.

(Which is a city name I rather dislike, just for the record.)

:panic:

Even worse I think I'll be forced to participate. :uhoh:

As a friend of mine would say, time for the teflon hammer.

I'm dying to know what "Sunshine" is like, besides miraculously correctly-spelled. And by "dying to know", I mean I'll happily read someone else's review, but you would have to pay me a lot of money to listen to it myself. :wink:

I'm willing to bet that Sunshine is the token attempt at a ballad to close the album on a "meaningful" note, just like they did on The Broken! and I'm Not A Fan But The Kids Like It (ironically, the pseudo-ballad on the latter was just a rehash of the pseudo-ballad on the former).

All I can imagine it as, though, is a crunkcore version of "you are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when UR GETTIN CRUNKKKK!!!!!"

The attempt at a ballad? It makes sense in context of The Broken!, where they're mopey and suicidal and emo and shit. And a number of songs on I'm Not A Fan were just re-used songs from the first album.

Well, the very title of "Brokencyde will never die" is re-used from a lyric! It's from, funnily enough, a re-used song that was called Schizophrenia!!! on The Broken! and then Schitzo on I'm Not A Fan.

(For the record, I did have to use Google to remind me what song the lyric's from.)

(For the record, I did have to use Google to remind me what song the lyric's from.)

Thank god for that.

I feel that exclamation points have no place in song/album titles, or in books outside of dialogue.

Certainly not multiple exclamation points!! With italics!!1!

:wink:

Not sure how to feel about the band called "!!!".

I am trying to think of a single case where multiple exclamation marks are justified.

I'm at a loss.

Oh! Oh, I've got it! When the All Blacks win the World Cup. But that's it.

I briefly went over to song meanings (yes, I went there) to see Brokencyde lyrics. The comments were mostly positive ...

*rips hair out*

I am trying to think of a single case where multiple exclamation marks are justified.

I'm at a loss.

Oh! Oh, I've got it! When the All Blacks win the World Cup. But that's it.

*L*

But would you make a song/album/book narration out of that?

Well, you might... ;)

Maybe if someone discovered real living dinosaurs... :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom