PVR: The BEST THING THING TO HAPPEN TO TV!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boosterjuice

Refugee
We just got my new pvr (personal Video recorder) system through our local satellite provider, Bell ExpressVu (model 9220).

This has totally changed the way that my wife and I watch tv. For those who don't yet know, a pvr (or dvr) allows you to record programs digitally. You can pause live tv, instant replay, and record future programs. The best feature of all is that you can fast forward commercials! A 1 hour program now takes us about 40minutes to watch, thus, freeing up valuable time.

We are also saving a shit-load of money on movie rentals. When we had regular cable, we would always see good movies playing on tv but we would refuse to watch them because of the lengthy commercials. We would instead rent movies a couple time a week. That adds up! I'm guessing we spent about $40/month on video rentals. Well, it's been 1 month and we've only rented 1 movie. Our PVR allows us to record the all movies that are on TV. We then can watch them whenever we want without the commercials.

we don't have TiVo in canada, which is why pvr's are so exciting.

but canada is still cool though, i swear.

our cable company's version is called Moxie. We've had it for about 2 months now. Enjoying it. I don't have to miss something cuz I'm not home or can't figure out which remote will program what at what time etc. :up:

Sure....
Directv monthly bill is $41.99, plus $5 for each receiver after the first one, that's it. (Another $10)
When you have the DirecTv/Tivo combo unit, you do not pay for the Tivo service charge........these unit cost $99!
And you can record 2 shows at the same time from 2 different channels....

About premium channels (HBO, Starz, etc) I don't have any but it's as follows...

1st premium $12/mo.
2nd premium $11/mo.
3rd premium $10/mo.
4th premium $8/mo.
5th premium $7/mo.

Back
Top Bottom