Pussy, France Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a project for a class called "democratic theory and practice," it was the "practice" part. We also did gotv stuff. It was cool cause I wanted to work for the dems anyway, so I got credit! However the class was my 3rd choice, they woudln't let freshmen into the US Elections class (which was obviously totally full in fall 2004) and I got lotteried out of intro american politics which I'm still angry about cause that prof was awesome and I woulda liked him more and gotten a full letter higher grade than the awful prof I took intro american with in the spring.

don't get me started on all the classes i wish i'd taken instead of ones i did, or even just a different prof for american, intro psych, and stat.... :mad:

(I've decided I like the :angry: as being upset angry and :mad: represents :grr: to me, frustrated angry)

That makes sense. I'm always really careful to have cash phone id key lipgloss when i switch to my wristlet because I'm paranoid I'll forget something crucial. So were you not allowed into the concert?
ooh, cool. the closest to a polisci class i've taken wasn't even one. it was just in the same building. i took philosophy either my fall or spring semester of my freshman year, i forget. i hated it, it was so boring.

and no, thank god the manager was cool and was just like "quick, give me your birthdate" :lol:

sidenote: khan, i fucking love your avatar. i dunno where it's from, but it's so trippy it's brill!
Split_Enz_at_Nambassa_January_1979.jpg

which will make no sense to anyone :lol:

hmmm. have you tried user cp --> settings & options --> edit avatar?

I tried that. It goes to this screen.

Your Current Avatar
No Avatar Specified
Avatars are small graphics that are displayed under your username whenever you post.
Do not use an avatar
Note: if you have a custom avatar selecting this option will delete it.
Pre-defined Standard Avatars
You may select one of the following pre-defined images to use as your avatar:

Page 1 of 194 1 2 3 4 11 51 101 > Last ?

I tried that. It goes to this screen.

Your Current Avatar
No Avatar Specified
Avatars are small graphics that are displayed under your username whenever you post.
Do not use an avatar
Note: if you have a custom avatar selecting this option will delete it.
Pre-defined Standard Avatars
You may select one of the following pre-defined images to use as your avatar:

Page 1 of 194 1 2 3 4 11 51 101 > Last ?
how weird! that's gonna suck if some people can't use custom avatars. oh well, i fixed it :D

:lol: interesting... my monitor's resolution is 1680x1050 on this monitor, and i have a second one hooked up which i use for like iming, watching movies, etc. so i can multitask. that one is 1400x1050. so yeah, my screenshots are always pretty sizable.

ha, i wish i was! i can do some basic stuff, i've fiddled with a couple of the photos on my last.fm page, but luckily they're so small you probably can't see any glaring "hey this is 'shopped" stuff. i've got a couple friends who are great with photoshop though, but i try not to bug them too much.

don't feel bad, i use ms word pretty much daily at work, and i can never remember which things are under which menus, aside from the basic shit i never use anyway, like copy, paste, print, etc. since i know those shortcuts.

wow...that is a set. up. and ditto on word/shortcuts. arg, when i switched to mac i could no longer insert a footnote by alt+i˙downdown enterenter. It took me some searching to figure out that the footnote shortcut on my mac is ctrl-shift-f which is way easier but somehow takes me longer to do than the pc method i used.

one of my friends in high school was ridiculous. three of us were basically redsox groupies in 2003, and she would use photoshop to make these things we called "dealies" that we gave to the players. It was really awesome actually. We'd use her digital pictures of the players, often doing something kinda goofy, and she'd remove the player from the background, sometimes stick funny clothes or whatever on them and put them in funny backgrounds we constructed. We came up with ideas for each of the players that related to their names or the way they played (submarine pitcher in a yellow submarine...ooooh so original) or their well-known quirks or quotes. And we'd often put a thought or speech bubble in. Then we'd print it as a 3x5, mount it on cardboard, sign the back with little notes to the players, and laminate. We probably made like 10, some players like nomar totally ignored them but trot nixon, manny ramirez and mike timlin (who we pictured with dunkin donuts cause we always always saw him with a cup) especially got a kick out of them, would recognize us and say hi. We gave them like 3 on one homestand and they put them in the dugout kinda near the ceiling, then they got removed while they were on the road and Trot was really sad so they started hanging them in the locker room. At least that's what Trot said. It was damn thrilling to have that kind of contact with the players! We totally thought we were hot shit too, these 15 year old girls! :lol:

wow...that is a set. up. and ditto on word/shortcuts. arg, when i switched to mac i could no longer insert a footnote by alt+i˙downdown enterenter. It took me some searching to figure out that the footnote shortcut on my mac is ctrl-shift-f which is way easier but somehow takes me longer to do than the pc method i used.

one of my friends in high school was ridiculous. three of us were basically redsox groupies in 2003, and she would use photoshop to make these things we called "dealies" that we gave to the players. It was really awesome actually. We'd use her digital pictures of the players, often doing something kinda goofy, and she'd remove the player from the background, sometimes stick funny clothes or whatever on them and put them in funny backgrounds we constructed. We came up with ideas for each of the players that related to their names or the way they played (submarine pitcher in a yellow submarine...ooooh so original) or their well-known quirks or quotes. And we'd often put a thought or speech bubble in. Then we'd print it as a 3x5, mount it on cardboard, sign the back with little notes to the players, and laminate. We probably made like 10, some players like nomar totally ignored them but trot nixon, manny ramirez and mike timlin (who we pictured with dunkin donuts cause we always always saw him with a cup) especially got a kick out of them, would recognize us and say hi. We gave them like 3 on one homestand and they put them in the dugout kinda near the ceiling, then they got removed while they were on the road and Trot was really sad so they started hanging them in the locker room. At least that's what Trot said. It was damn thrilling to have that kind of contact with the players! We totally thought we were hot shit too, these 15 year old girls! :lol:
i love it :drool: the first monitor is my imac, i never intended on having two monitors. but i'd just bought the other one, and i was like "well i don't wanna just have it sitting somewhere" so i hooked them up together.

:lol: that's hilarious!

Let me be the first to say: "I don't really like the new format."

At first I was a little eh, but aside from the time stamps being over the user info and not over the post I'm down with it, and I'm sure I'll get used to that. I think the forum navigation is much more modern, user-friendly, etc.

you're welcome :D i don't know either, i hope non-prems can still have custom avatars. cuz i don't think most of the people outside of those who post in eykiw or pleba would want bono or whoever for their avatar.

That should be easy for them to change if they accidentally restricted it. They said non-prems would get more features, not less features, so....

that is exactly what I said! trippy as all hell.

EXPLAIN!

por favor
:lol: it's from nambassa, which is an australian music festival. well, it was. basically, it was like woodstock. split enz played there in 1979, and that's what those pics are from. why everything's so weirdly coloured, i don't know. :lol:

:lol: it's from nambassa, which is an australian music festival. well, it was. basically, it was like woodstock. split enz played there in 1979, and that's what those pics are from. why everything's so weirdly coloured, i don't know. :lol:

Ahh so that's split enz. And it's weirdly colored cause it's the 70s and awesome, duh!

At first I was a little eh, but aside from the time stamps being over the user info and not over the post I'm down with it, and I'm sure I'll get used to that. I think the forum navigation is much more modern, user-friendly, etc.
exactly. i definitely love the way the new forum looks. and plus, once the desert island thing starts again, there's a new feature which i think has already been mentioned: you can see who's voted for what when you make a poll. so hopefully that should cut down on people getting 15 of their friends to vote for them. there's so many new features we didn't have before or new things that makes it easier than what was there before :love:

That should be easy for them to change if they accidentally restricted it. They said non-prems would get more features, not less features, so....
yeah, i'm sure they're just tweaking who can see/do what now that they're done upgrading.

:wave:

Look, our excitement and discussion of the new forum got us almost to whorehouse meadow, just in time for you to show up and start it!

If you read back like the last 10 pages you'll get a run down of all the new stuff we've discovered...or you could just poke around.

:wave:

Look, our excitement and discussion of the new forum got us almost to whorehouse meadow, just in time for you to show up and start it!

If you read back like the last 10 pages you'll get a run down of all the new stuff we've discovered...or you could just poke around.

Heh, I was about to observe we're nearly there. I'm here for the next 80 minutes.

Thus far, not sure what to make of things. Agreed about the white in quotes - it needs a border like before.

My log-in is acting weird.

Also, I need help for an assignment: I need as many arguments as humanly possible for arguing against the death penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom