Pussy, France Superthread - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-20-2008, 06:56 AM   #106
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 11:06 PM
My RIAA Story and a warning to those in college:

The RIAA targets college kids on networks because they're SUPER easy to track. I'm sure the MPAA does the same thing. Point is, one day I wake up and my internet has been suspended. I wonder why, get on a different comp, check my e-mail and I thought it was a joke. I could not believe they were seriously suiing me. And for like $10,000 too. And I only downloaded like...100 songs. And half of those were for my sister. I was scared to death they'd nick me for the 2 movies I had ever downloaded.

But like I said, they enver sent me a summons or anything else, and my mom heard on the radio they had dropped the suit, so who knows. I just know that every day I check my mail and DON'T see anything from them is a good day.

The only things I download these days are bootlegs and unreleased tracks.
__________________

__________________
bono_212 is online now  
Old 05-20-2008, 06:56 AM   #107
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,043
Local Time: 06:06 PM
Oh damnit! The shutdown is 9pm-5am Aussie time.

That's Axver primetime on Interference!
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 05-20-2008, 06:57 AM   #108
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver




Fucked if I know her logic. It'd be better than an ordinary funeral anyway!
I mean, Bat Out of Hell is held as one of the greatest motorcycle accident songs out there.


Incidentally, apparently there is a huge sub-genre of motorcycle accident songs out there in order for this statement to have been made.
__________________
bono_212 is online now  
Old 05-20-2008, 06:59 AM   #109
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,043
Local Time: 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bono_212
Incidentally, apparently there is a huge sub-genre of motorcycle accident songs out there in order for this statement to have been made.


There's also a genre called suicidal black metal ... oddly enough, none of the musicians ever seem to actually remember to kill themselves.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 05-20-2008, 07:00 AM   #110
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bono_212
My RIAA Story and a warning to those in college:

The RIAA targets college kids on networks because they're SUPER easy to track. I'm sure the MPAA does the same thing. Point is, one day I wake up and my internet has been suspended. I wonder why, get on a different comp, check my e-mail and I thought it was a joke. I could not believe they were seriously suiing me. And for like $10,000 too. And I only downloaded like...100 songs. And half of those were for my sister. I was scared to death they'd nick me for the 2 movies I had ever downloaded.

But like I said, they enver sent me a summons or anything else, and my mom heard on the radio they had dropped the suit, so who knows. I just know that every day I check my mail and DON'T see anything from them is a good day.

The only things I download these days are bootlegs and unreleased tracks.
phew, wow. That sucks. What were you using to download? Limewire again is Bad News, whereas torrents with peer guardian running are pretty safe, but I can see why you'd still be wary. That would scare me too, I just got warnings that they sent to my college ITS and got forwarded to me (and the dean of course, niiiiiice). If I'd gotten a 3rd I'd have no internet access, but I kept downloading network TV anyway.

I'm looking forward to being in Switzerland where I doubt they bother hunting down TV downloaders...but I should probably find the laws on that at some point.
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 05-20-2008, 07:01 AM   #111
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,043
Local Time: 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek
I'm looking forward to being in Switzerland where I doubt they bother hunting down TV downloaders...but I should probably find the laws on that at some point.
Go to Sweden where they don't give a shit and have a Pirate Party contesting elections.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 05-20-2008, 07:01 AM   #112
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Oh damnit! The shutdown is 9pm-5am Aussie time.

That's Axver primetime on Interference!
7am-3pm here, so I'm missing some sleep and then what should be work time. So I'm not too upset.

As for the new thread, I guess you better start the picspamming?
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 05-20-2008, 07:02 AM   #113
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


Go to Sweden where they don't give a shit and have a Pirate Party contesting elections.
wtf are you talking about? tell me the story, i don't have time to look it up
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 05-20-2008, 07:02 AM   #114
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,043
Local Time: 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek


7am-3pm here, so I'm missing some sleep and then what should be work time. So I'm not too upset.

As for the new thread, I guess you better start the picspamming?
I suppose I'll have an early night or something.

Yeah. I like a good picture sharing thread. Ian, you in?

And Vazza, just so you know, baseball is sport for the comatose. In other words, go do work.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 05-20-2008, 07:04 AM   #115
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,043
Local Time: 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek


wtf are you talking about? tell me the story, i don't have time to look it up
Sweden has a Pirate Party, i.e. a political party that is pro-piracy of music, movies, whatever. Amongst other things, they held protests after the Swedish police, under extreme pressure from the US, raided The Pirate Bay - a website NOT illegal under Swedish law.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 05-20-2008, 07:04 AM   #116
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek


phew, wow. That sucks. What were you using to download? Limewire again is Bad News, whereas torrents with peer guardian running are pretty safe, but I can see why you'd still be wary. That would scare me too, I just got warnings that they sent to my college ITS and got forwarded to me (and the dean of course, niiiiiice). If I'd gotten a 3rd I'd have no internet access, but I kept downloading network TV anyway.

I'm looking forward to being in Switzerland where I doubt they bother hunting down TV downloaders...but I should probably find the laws on that at some point.
I did used to use Limewire (which yes, now I know, shame on me) but I got an eye at the list of other students that were getting sued while I was in the office of campus life at school (the ones handling the situation) and a lot of them were shown having downloaded things off of BitTorrent, so I'm scared of everything now
__________________
bono_212 is online now  
Old 05-20-2008, 07:05 AM   #117
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


Sweden has a Pirate Party, i.e. a political party that is pro-piracy of music, movies, whatever. Amongst other things, they held protests after the Swedish police, under extreme pressure from the US, raided The Pirate Bay - a website NOT illegal under Swedish law.
Can I PLEASE preside over this party. I think I have the experience necessary. I could put myself off as a martyr for the cause.
__________________
bono_212 is online now  
Old 05-20-2008, 07:07 AM   #118
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,043
Local Time: 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bono_212


Can I PLEASE preside over this party. I think I have the experience necessary. I could put myself off as a martyr for the cause.
I want to start an Australian affiliate.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 05-20-2008, 07:08 AM   #119
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


I want to start an Australian affiliate.
We could join forces, become a world power, attack France, and bang....Free music, movies, and tv to all!
__________________
bono_212 is online now  
Old 05-20-2008, 07:09 AM   #120
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 04:36 PM
Oh goody, my internet's actually working consistently right now.

So yeah, what's up guys?
__________________

__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com