Pussy, France Superthread - Page 36 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2008, 09:47 PM   #526
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:59 PM
I don't particularly like the segues. I think any kind of narrative in that form is a bit too blatant. I like the storyline idea and everything, but they never really worked for me.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:48 PM   #527
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 10:59 PM
sorry, i had a phone call

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
With my monumentally shit vision, I find it hard to differentiate much of the time, but I can tell there is a noticeable difference in crispness between photos I've taken and those I took on my father's better camera last year. But I don't know where I'm meant to find the money to get a really good camera, so oh well. I've no idea what to get anyway, as most of the rail photographer talk I see is focused around DSLRs and those are too expensive for me and I'm not 100% sure if they're worth it.
yeah, i think dslr cameras are a waste of money unless you're a professional photographer. they're so expensive; you'd need that income to recoup that money, and the difference between a great digital camera and a standard dslr won't matter too much to an amateur photographer who does it as hobby.

i've never blown up any of my photos past the standard size but i'm sure they'd still look great larger and not get blurry. a dslr will probably allow you to take poster-sized photos which i think few of us would ever want to do.

Quote:

The girl beside me at EITS took photos through the whole gig. I had to wonder just how different they turned out being. The stage was TINY! It's not as if they were U2 running around on the ellipse.
yikes! yeah, at the end i got trigger happy and just kept snapping away and it looked like those animations people draw. when you look at them fast enough, you can not only see the band move, but you can see people clap and such!

Old 05-20-2008, 09:51 PM   #528
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
I don't particularly like the segues. I think any kind of narrative in that form is a bit too blatant. I like the storyline idea and everything, but they never really worked for me.
Yeah, it could do without the segues.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:53 PM   #529
Blue Crack Supplier

Did you listen to the interview you linked to?
Old 05-20-2008, 09:54 PM   #530
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Did you listen to the interview you linked to?
Yeah, why?
Old 05-20-2008, 09:55 PM   #531
Blue Crack Supplier

Just wondering. It's pretty good.

He says the art gang is creating a minotaur out of parts they get from the people they kill.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:58 PM   #532
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes
yeah, i think dslr cameras are a waste of money unless you're a professional photographer. they're so expensive; you'd need that income to recoup that money, and the difference between a great digital camera and a standard dslr won't matter too much to an amateur photographer who does it as hobby.

i've never blown up any of my photos past the standard size but i'm sure they'd still look great larger and not get blurry. a dslr will probably allow you to take poster-sized photos which i think few of us would ever want to do.
For the near future, the highest aspiration I could have for my photography is for my pictures to be published in railway magazines, and I know they've taken shots from standard digital cameras before. A DSLR would be nice, but not for $1,000, you know? I'm sure I could get a really good digital for about $400 that could do nearly everything a DSLR can do.

Quote:
yikes! yeah, at the end i got trigger happy and just kept snapping away and it looked like those animations people draw. when you look at them fast enough, you can not only see the band move, but you can see people clap and such!

That's one thing I need, too - the ability to photograph that quickly. When a train's shooting past, you don't want to be waiting too long between shots ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-20-2008, 09:58 PM   #533
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Just wondering. It's pretty good.

He says the art gang is creating a minotaur out of parts they get from the people they kill.
I wonder what he was reading on neo-Paganism. It sounds really interesting.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:09 PM   #534
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 10:59 PM
Quote:
For the near future, the highest aspiration I could have for my photography is for my pictures to be published in railway magazines, and I know they've taken shots from standard digital cameras before. A DSLR would be nice, but not for $1,000, you know? I'm sure I could get a really good digital for about $400 that could do nearly everything a DSLR can do.
ooh, that'd be cool. and yeah, i know what you mean. they're just too expensive.

Quote:

That's one thing I need, too - the ability to photograph that quickly. When a train's shooting past, you don't want to be waiting too long between shots ...
it's easy for mine. i just keep pressing the shutter and it'll just take a ton of pics, rapid fire.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:16 PM   #535
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

For the near future, the highest aspiration I could have for my photography is for my pictures to be published in railway magazines,
I hope that happens. I enjoy your pictures.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:17 PM   #536
Blue Crack Addict

Khan that is the trippiest av ever.

What a weird day. Shitty personal life day, completely sleep deprived, VA strikes down abortion ban, my political hero is diagnosed with a pretty much untreatable brain tumor, and the election goes on and on and on.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:18 PM   #537
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2

I hope that happens. I enjoy your pictures.
Thanks. But at this stage, I don't have the confidence in my abilities or in my technology meeting publishable standards to be willing to submit anything for consideration!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-20-2008, 10:18 PM   #538
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

ooh, that'd be cool. and yeah, i know what you mean. they're just too expensive.

it's easy for mine. i just keep pressing the shutter and it'll just take a ton of pics, rapid fire.
What camera do you have?

My old sony took awful action shots and took forever to take a 2nd picture. My new canon sd850 is pretty nifty and quick but I haven't done much more than casual shots of friends and family. It does well in funky lighting, though.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:18 PM   #539
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek
Khan that is the trippiest av ever.

What a weird day. Shitty personal life day, completely sleep deprived, VA strikes down abortion ban, my political hero is diagnosed with a pretty much untreatable brain tumor, and the election goes on and on and on.
I heard about Kennedy. That sucks.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:21 PM   #540
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Thanks. But at this stage, I don't have the confidence in my abilities or in my technology meeting publishable standards to be willing to submit anything for consideration!
If you enjoy photography than you should at least try. There is nothing to lose.

Tags
superthread