Pussy, France Superthread - Page 35 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-20-2008, 09:18 PM   #511
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,039
Local Time: 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

well we each brought a camera. and you know what ticks me off? i keep getting the third degree at concerts about my camera! there's nothing wrong with it! i think everyone thinks it's a dslr, but it isn't! i offer to show them my bag (which is a huge invasion of privacy but whatevs, better than losing a camera) to show i have no lenses or anything) and they still act like i'm lying.

as an fyi, this is basically the camera i own. it's still a regular digital camera, just with a fantastic zoom. i wish i could afford a digital slr, but since no concerts allow those anyway, there's really no point in me ever getting one.
Suuuuure it's not a DSLR, Khan.

No, that's a cool camera. I need to get a better one. I can't believe I'm saying this after only having one for five months. But mine has only a paltry 3x zoom and I could really go for more. Not sure if I'm the kind of person who really needs a DSLR, I just want better zoom.

I also want something I can take videos with. Though I imagine that'll mean a separate camera.

Quote:
and yeah, compare that to the umm...sixteen pictures we took at liam's concert?
Poor Liam.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 05-20-2008, 09:19 PM   #512
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 01:36 PM
that sounds even worse than the original, which is hard to do!

btw, i just saw something and had to mention it. i missed one of my shows yesterday since i was driving so i was watching it online. you can see them on the network's site with limited commercials. anyway, every commercial break, it was an ad for last.fm!
__________________

__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-20-2008, 09:19 PM   #513
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 02:36 PM
Screwy, have you ever managed to form the plot of 1. Outside? I kind of have the gist, but some things still don't make sense?
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 05-20-2008, 09:22 PM   #514
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Suuuuure it's not a DSLR, Khan.

No, that's a cool camera. I need to get a better one. I can't believe I'm saying this after only having one for five months. But mine has only a paltry 3x zoom and I could really go for more. Not sure if I'm the kind of person who really needs a DSLR, I just want better zoom.

I also want something I can take videos with. Though I imagine that'll mean a separate camera.
thanks! yes, it's awesome. comparing pictures i take to the ones my mom takes with hers is amazing. mine are so much clearer as compared to hers.

and video...it's amazing. i've got a couple video clips on youtube i upped from when i saw tim finn this year; the sound quality is great considering it's being shot with a digital camera, not a camcorder.

Quote:
Poor Liam.
i know! i put my mom in charge of the photos for that concert. big mistake oh well, the stage was small so it's not like the photos would've turned out much differently. "here's liam strumming his guitar for this song! and now this song! and here's him going crazy on the drums!"
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-20-2008, 09:23 PM   #515
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,039
Local Time: 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2
Axver, I don't know if you like science fiction but a show I think you would love is Babylon 5.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylon_5#Themes

I has great themes and questions of politics and humanity that I think you'd really be interested in.

This clip for example is quite beautiful.


But I'll check it out, it looks interesting enough. And it hasn't been promoted by Muldfeld as the most politically insightful TV show ever.
Axver is offline  
Old 05-20-2008, 09:24 PM   #516
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,039
Local Time: 06:36 AM
HEY KHAN, I JUST NOTICED YOU CHANGED TO THE AWESOME AVATAR.

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 05-20-2008, 09:24 PM   #517
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
Screwy, have you ever managed to form the plot of 1. Outside? I kind of have the gist, but some things still don't make sense?
From what Bowie has explained it is about an underground art world that fancies death. So I believe the main character that becomes obsessed with this style of art. I don't understand the whole story but you can feel a story being told.

This might help answer some questions:
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 05-20-2008, 09:26 PM   #518
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 02:36 PM
I thought it was that the main character's a detective trying to hunt down a person from that underground art world who killed a 14 year old.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 05-20-2008, 09:28 PM   #519
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
I thought it was that the main character's a detective trying to hunt down a person from that underground art world who killed a 14 year old.
Was the main character the detective? I get confused. The underground art world killing at least is clear. In the interview I linked you to, Bowie says he was in neo-Paganism. Interesting stuff.
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 05-20-2008, 09:29 PM   #520
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,039
Local Time: 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

thanks! yes, it's awesome. comparing pictures i take to the ones my mom takes with hers is amazing. mine are so much clearer as compared to hers.

and video...it's amazing. i've got a couple video clips on youtube i upped from when i saw tim finn this year; the sound quality is great considering it's being shot with a digital camera, not a camcorder.
With my monumentally shit vision, I find it hard to differentiate much of the time, but I can tell there is a noticeable difference in crispness between photos I've taken and those I took on my father's better camera last year. But I don't know where I'm meant to find the money to get a really good camera, so oh well. I've no idea what to get anyway, as most of the rail photographer talk I see is focused around DSLRs and those are too expensive for me and I'm not 100% sure if they're worth it.

Quote:
i know! i put my mom in charge of the photos for that concert. big mistake oh well, the stage was small so it's not like the photos would've turned out much differently. "here's liam strumming his guitar for this song! and now this song! and here's him going crazy on the drums!"


The girl beside me at EITS took photos through the whole gig. I had to wonder just how different they turned out being. The stage was TINY! It's not as if they were U2 running around on the ellipse.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 05-20-2008, 09:30 PM   #521
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 02:36 PM
There are five characters I can tell: Detective Nathan Adler, Baby Grace, Leon Blank, Algeria Touchshriek, and Ramona A. Stone. The last three are suspects, the second the victim, the first the main character. That's what I got from listening and some of the vague snippets of liner notes.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 05-20-2008, 09:32 PM   #522
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
There are five characters I can tell: Detective Nathan Adler, Baby Grace, Leon Blank, Algeria Touchshriek, and Ramona A. Stone. The last three are suspects, the second the victim, the first the main character. That's what I got from listening and some of the vague snippets of liner notes.
Right! I was wondering what songs stood out to you.
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 05-20-2008, 09:33 PM   #523
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
HEY KHAN, I JUST NOTICED YOU CHANGED TO THE AWESOME AVATAR.

i think i need to change my location to accompany it
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-20-2008, 09:34 PM   #524
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 02:36 PM
Outside, Heart's Filthy Lesson, No Control, Strangers When We Meet.

There's some pretty good tracks on there. I need to give it another listen to fully remember it all.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 05-20-2008, 09:39 PM   #525
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
Outside, Heart's Filthy Lesson, No Control, Strangers When We Meet.

There's some pretty good tracks on there. I need to give it another listen to fully remember it all.
My favorite song on Outside is I'm Deranged.

It was used as in the title sequence of one of my favorite movies:
__________________

__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com