Pussy, France Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My log-in is acting weird.

Also, I need help for an assignment: I need as many arguments as humanly possible for arguing against the death penalty.
what's wrong with it?

this isn't too well thought out, but the death penalty is just wrong. who are we to play god and decide who does and doesn't deserve to go on living, regardless of what crimes they committed? it's hypocritical to murder murderers.

Also, I need help for an assignment: I need as many arguments as humanly possible for arguing against the death penalty.

Sicy in IB said to log out, clear your cookies AND history, and log back in.

I will get to the 2nd part of this in a sec, I'm emailing my new boss about logistics and stuff :hyper:

I had to log in twice before it worked.

1. Fallible, irreversible if subsequent evidence comes to light
2. Doesn't solve the problem; i.e. not a deterrent to crime
3. Costs shitloads to administer, I think the stats indicate it would be cheaper to keep most people for life rather than kill them

But you probably thought of those already.

Sicy in IB said to log out, clear your cookies AND history, and log back in.

I will get to the 2nd part of this in a sec, I'm emailing my new boss about logistics and stuff :hyper:

I am quoting myself here because I have a feeling that you can really easily fuck with the arrow that goes back to the original post by changing the number. I entered a random one, let's see what post it calls up!

I must admit, before the upgrade, Interference didn't look like other forums - I guess due to the outdated software. Now after the upgrade, it does. But still has its usual character nonetheless, so I'm happy about that.

I must admit, before the upgrade, Interference didn't look like other forums - I guess due to the outdated software. Now after the upgrade, it does. But still has its usual character nonetheless, so I'm happy about that.

.......Until it glitches out a day from now database errors and such, anyway.

I've seen too many upgrades go awry to think we're out of the woods just yet.

Quote boxes look nice too.

The whole thing looks like 900 other forums I'm on though. :shrug:

It still is Interference Blue. Play around with the features, especially in the full reply mode, they are really awesome, from text orientation to lists to the ability to make the reply box bigger with those arrows in the upper right. and if you put in an image, it shows up! Basically way user friendly and cool.

except the damn time stamp and white blob around the reply box.

So we're closing in on Whorehouse Meadow. It's going to need a really good opening post ..

Some questions on why the death penalty may be wrong...

1. If we kill in retaliation, then who is the real victim?
2. Is killing in the name of justice an act of order or chaos?
3. If it is easier to die than to live is a death penalty a real punishment?
4. Is it really human to kill out of revenge?
5. Aren't mercy and forgiveness truly human qualities that are betrayed with a death penalty?

p-fan, the death penalty has absolutely nothing to do with justice. it is just revenge. the murderer doesn't learn a lesson, there is no punishment that will act as some sort of teaching experience. it is just society wiping their hands free of taking mental health seriously (bigger picture, imo). also, it is not a deterrant. people don't say "oh no i'm not gonna do that bc i'll get the death penalty." plus, dig up some stats on race and the death penalty, that'll be a good one to talk about.

unico
No Pants O'Clock

Buddy Listed by...

p-fan, the death penalty has absolutely nothing to do with justice. it is just revenge. the murderer doesn't learn a lesson, there is no punishment that will act as some sort of teaching experience. it is just society wiping their hands free of taking mental health seriously (bigger picture, imo). also, it is not a deterrant. people don't say "oh no i'm not gonna do that bc i'll get the death penalty." plus, dig up some stats on race and the death penalty, that'll be a good one to talk about.

unico
No Pants O'Clock

Buddy Listed by...

holy shit how did you do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom