Pussy, France Superthread - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2008, 10:58 AM   #421
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:37 AM
Cya Maj

Quote:
Too hard basket filing: system for Aboriginal issues

Old 05-20-2008, 10:58 AM   #422
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2

I've not even heard of it

HOLY SHIT.

It's a site by the National Library with digital copies of Kiwi papers from 1840-1915. Fucking AMAZING for doing research. I love it to bits.

http://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/cgi-bin/paperspast

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-20-2008, 11:00 AM   #423
Blue Crack Supplier

Cool! I'll play with that over the weekend
Old 05-20-2008, 11:01 AM   #424
Vocal parasite

Quote:
You have to speak English if you want to come here because we can’t understand your gibberish and if we can’t understand what you’re saying about us we get scared. We can’t understand your plotting and conniving and your vile schemes, especially if you sound Middle Eastern. Or American. So if you're Canadian, be sure to let us know as soon as you can.
This semester, I have had lectures/tutorials by multiple Americans who have apologised for being American and for their accent and for Bush.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-20-2008, 11:03 AM   #425
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Cool! I'll play with that over the weekend
I'm really surprised it hasn't been mentioned in any of your courses. It's incredible, especially the papers that are actually searchable rather than just browsable.

Also, some weird stuff in the old papers brings the lulz. Some of the "medicines" hocked off in the ads can be great.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-20-2008, 11:04 AM   #426
Blue Crack Supplier

lol

That remind me of a funny story. When i was on a school trip to Muriwai beach a few years ago. When we were leaving we passed a family who were clearly Canadian tourists and were making damn sure we all knew about it, they had maple leaf hats and sweaters on - the whole lot of them! Mum, dad and the two kids.

They really did not want to be mistaken for Americans.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:08 AM   #427
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

I'm really surprised it hasn't been mentioned in any of your courses. It's incredible, especially the papers that are actually searchable rather than just browsable.

Also, some weird stuff in the old papers brings the lulz. Some of the "medicines" hocked off in the ads can be great.
Considering my university is willing to give out good grades for stuff that doesn't even use all of the prescribed readings....i wouldn't expect an interesting resource like this would be broadcast.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:10 AM   #428
Vocal parasite

Quote:
lol

That remind me of a funny story. When i was on a school trip to Muriwai beach a few years ago. When we were leaving we passed a family who were clearly Canadian tourists and were making damn sure we all knew about it, they had maple leaf hats and sweaters on - the whole lot of them! Mum, dad and the two kids.

They really did not want to be mistaken for Americans.

Better be safe than sorry, I suppose.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-20-2008, 11:12 AM   #429
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Considering my university is willing to give out good grades for stuff that doesn't even use all of the prescribed readings....i wouldn't expect an interesting resource like this would be broadcast.

I've even used it to track family history. Managed to find out some interesting stuff about my very first relatives to settle in Otago. Apparently there was a bit of a dispute between miners and farmers. But my ancestor must have been popular, because when he was killed in a mining accident, there was an appeal made in an Oamaru paper for money to support his widow and TEN CHILDREN.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-20-2008, 11:14 AM   #430
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:37 PM
I know I'm supposed to be doing work but

http://forum.interference.com/t186811.html
Old 05-20-2008, 11:15 AM   #431
Vocal parasite

Quote:
The Australian judicial system is based on the principal that you are innocent until proven guilty. Unless your name is David Hicks.
Quote:
The ABC is the reason that anyone with intelligence remains in the country. And this is the reason that almost every Australian politician wants to close the ABC as soon as possible.
I fucking love this.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-20-2008, 11:15 AM   #432
Blue Crack Supplier

Impressive
Old 05-20-2008, 11:16 AM   #433
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek
I know I'm supposed to be doing work but

http://forum.interference.com/t186811.html
What happened to unplugging the Internet?

And if Larry died behind the drumkit in the middle of a gig, nobody would notice. Much like if Keith Richards passed away, really. Nothing noticeable would actually change.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-20-2008, 11:17 AM   #434
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

What happened to unplugging the Internet?

And if Larry died behind the drumkit in the middle of a gig, nobody would notice.
sorry got an email from a close friend who i go to sox games with, one of my other thesis editors. turns out he was at last ngiht's game the motherfucker! i've been to like 150 games and never seen a no hitter; he's been to like 20 and saw one last night.

BASTARDS
Old 05-20-2008, 11:18 AM   #435
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:37 PM
So, just a quick note to say I'm still alive--barely been online at all in the last week or so. Started a diet 4 days ago--I've lost 11 lbs.

Tags
superthread