Pussy, France Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwtape2 said:

I heard about Kennedy. That sucks. :(

I am really depressed.

And I feel like a horrible person for wanting to overanalyze the seismic changes this might bring to the weird MA congressional delegation. Though looking at it, we have 2 young guys who could maybe someday fill his shoes, especially McGovern (Ma-3) who is super vocal against iraq, was arrested for protesting the sudanese embassy, and is extremely progressive...but the problem is, the state probably won't elect someone as progressive as Kennedy to replace him. grr

Varitek said:
Khan that is the trippiest av ever.

What camera do you have?

My old sony took awful action shots and took forever to take a 2nd picture. My new canon sd850 is pretty nifty and quick but I haven't done much more than casual shots of friends and family. It does well in funky lighting, though.
i've got a canon powershot s2 is. it's a couple years old and they've now come out with the s5, but it's still a great camera. i actually bought the s5 for a friend of mine for christmas who's a film major, but i digress. i just recently discovered i could quickly take second, third, etc. pictures with it, i'd always been waiting until the viewfinder went back to the live action or whatever :der:

Varitek said:

I am really depressed.

And I feel like a horrible person for wanting to overanalyze the seismic changes this might bring to the weird MA congressional delegation. Though looking at it, we have 2 young guys who could maybe someday fill his shoes, especially McGovern (Ma-3) who is super vocal against iraq, was arrested for protesting the sudanese embassy, and is extremely progressive...but the problem is, the state probably won't elect someone as progressive as Kennedy to replace him. grr

:hug: He is a great man and he will be missed. He lived a great life and did a lot for this country. It isn't wrong to think about who will replace him. I hope it is someone as strong willed as him.

Varitek said:
I am really depressed.

:hug:

that sucks, i heard about that as well. it would be awesome if mcgovern would take his spot. i wish we could elect people like that down here :sigh:

Ah shit, I need to dash off to the Historical Society for a few hours. See you folks later. :wave:

I don't think I can return to FYM without getting banned. INDY500 just represents it all.

phillyfan26 said:
I don't think I can return to FYM without getting banned. INDY500 just represents it all.

During a discussion of the importance of Biblical stories to literature and society in general, Deep claimed that the bombing of the NYC Towers was more miraculous than David slaying Goliath could ever have been. That will go down as one of the most fucking off-the-wall things I've ever read on this forum.

I'm convinced that all common sense Deep had left disappeared with the rise of Barack Obama. Something about Obama drove him off the deep end.

To be fair, most of us Obama supporters are lumped in with the few insane fangirls. Maybe we're the crazy ones.

LemonMelon said:
To be fair, most of us Obama supporters are lumped in with the few insane fangirls. Maybe we're the crazy ones.

People like Jeannieco, while they have good intentions, just make most supporters look absurd.

phillyfan26 said:

People like Jeannieco, while they have good intentions, just make most supporters look absurd.

I would include U2Democrat because of her feverish love for the man, but she's well-informed, and I give her extra props for actually helping out at rallies and such.

Harry Vest also makes us look bad. He really does want Clinton assassinated, huh?

Harry's worse, in a way. Normally one would say the whole world being behind Obama is a good sign for him, but then he's just pulling all that shit.

LemonMelon said:
But there are a levelheaded few. FYM really isn't all bad...it's just extremely draining.

I'd say Deep is arguably the worst because he's always there and always harping on the exact same points, no matter what the topic is.

phillyfan26 said:

I'd say Deep is arguably the worst because he's always there and always harping on the exact same points, no matter what the topic is.

Agreed.

Why must he

continue to

"spam"

the section with the same points

over and over

??????

KhanadaRhodes said:

i've got a canon powershot s2 is. it's a couple years old and they've now come out with the s5, but it's still a great camera. i actually bought the s5 for a friend of mine for christmas who's a film major, but i digress. i just recently discovered i could quickly take second, third, etc. pictures with it, i'd always been waiting until the viewfinder went back to the live action or whatever :der:

I will keep this in mind when I'm playing with my new canon. I thought about getting the s5 actually, but I decided I wanted a really compact model for all the traveling and such.

Know what I hate? when authors cite each other in circles. Collier 04 cites Klare 01 who cites Collier 99. WTF people, well at least the footnotes take up a lot of page space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom