Pupusas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
Best things EVER.

pupus.jpg

And almost anyone I ask, has never heard of them!! :tsk: :down:

I could eat them almost as often as sushi :drool:

I love Pupusas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would eat that all the time when traveling to see my family in Guatemala!!! Although I have them with black beans and not refried. mmmmmmmmmmmmm:hi5: Sicy!

Last edited:
I will definitely try them out. My grandma used to make them at her house in Guatemala. mmmmm Now I want to have some thanks Sicy LOL :)

The pupusas at this place are so cheesy that you literally choke on the cheese.

Cheese is not part of my diet, but the rest of it looks lovely.

Pupusa

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pupusa (from Pipil pupusawa) is a thick, hand-made corn tortilla (made using masa de maíz, a maize flour dough used in Latin American cuisine) that is stuffed with one or more of the following: cheese (queso) (usually a soft Salvadoran cheese called Quesillo), fried puppy meat, kittens (gato), refried beans (frijoles refritos), or queso con loroco (loroco is a vine flower bud from Central America). There is also the pupusa revuelta with mixed ingredients, such as queso (cheese), frijoles (beans), [1], and chicharrón or bacon. Some more creative pupuserías found in western El Salvador serve pupusas with exotic ingredients, such as shrimp, squash, or local herbs.
:huh:

:sick:

PlaTheGreat said:
I can't wait for Queen Bee/got_edge to see this thread...:drool:

pupusafd1.png

got_edge: Hold up, what the hell is that? Pupusa? You should call them and ask what it is
Queen Bee: Okay, I will! What's the number?
Pla: 305-xxx-xxxx
Queen Bee: HOLA, QUE SON PUPUSAS?
got_edge & Pla: :lmao:

I will never forget that day :heart:

Last edited:
I dont know what an arepas is but I havent had a pupusa in a few days and I'm jonesin :scream:

I made my own pupusas tonite :love:

mypupus.jpg

I need more practice though. There were a little too dough-y / thick and I need to use more cheese. :drool:
The hardest part is making the dough just right.

:drool: :drool: Oh yummy!! i have never heard of them....but they look really good! Unfortuneately, no one around Here(FL) seem to know how to make them! Makes me miss CA!:yes:

Back
Top Bottom