Puppy Hero!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sheltie

The Fly
wwwstart.sprint.earthlink.net/channel/news

A man in Pennsacola Fla. was attempting to shoot some sheppard mix puppies when one of the puppies pawed the gun causing the man to shoot himself in the wrist. The man has been charged with animal cruelty and the puppies are fine at a shelter.
Go little puppy!:yes:

I'm usually a very peace-loving person, but if you'd lock me in a room with this guy, I don't know what I'd do. :angry:

This makes me mad. There a plenty of places that would take excellant care and do their best to find homes for puppies. I never understood just why or how soem people can do things like that. Good for the puppy!

At least with it publicised those puppies should find homes.

On a similar note, my most recent stray cat (I get a lot -- they must know where the sucker lives!) has shotgun pellets in his leg (my vet doesn't take them out if they aren't causing problems), and he's not the first cat to come here with pellets or bullets in him. He's had a pretty tough life...he has lots of scars, but he's a happy indoor cat now. (And very bossy!) His name is Loki, by the way. It's the only thing he would respond to!

Sheltie said:
wwwstart.sprint.earthlink.net/channel/news

A man in Pennsacola Fla. was attempting to shoot some sheppard mix puppies when one of the puppies pawed the gun causing the man to shoot himself in the wrist. The man has been charged with animal cruelty and the puppies are fine at a shelter.
Go little puppy!:yes:

What a jerk!:madspit:

:applaud: for the puppy! What kind of as ass would shoot pups? The worst part is he probably owns the mother dog and has no feelings for her to take her children and kill them, or even bother to get her spayed if he doesn't want pups! I feel there should be a special place in Hell for people who intentionally hurt innocent little animals. If the guy had been killed he'd have deserved it, and I don't mind saying that at all!

I also heard a story, I don't know if it's a legend, I hope it's true, that said a guy who had been responsible for those evil 'crush' videos where small cute animals were stomped to death was killed when the car he was working under fell and crushed him to death! Oh that would be such poetic justice and the karma he deserved!

Indra, you sound like a wonderful person taking in all those cats :hug: Good for you! :up: I can't resist a stray either. I'm so sorry to hear about the pellets, it's a shame people are so sick and small minded and evil to find pleasure in taking shots at a kitty. May they rot in hell as well. :rant: Keep up the good work, there should be a million more like you!

Here's a pic of the puppy, it is on yahoo.com newspage.

:cute:

Attachments

• puppy.jpg
    puppy.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 33
puppies..... :cute:

my neighbours have one

with flappy ears

the way i like them :up:

Tomer said:
can someone post the attachment?

puppy-vi.jpg

I like to believe there is a special kind of Hell for people who hurt innocent beings like animals.

I hope they throw the book at him!

Why would anyone shoot a puppy? Especially a shepherd mix?!?!?! (I dearly loveth herding and utility dogs).

I like to watch Animal Cops (yeah, I'm an Animal Planet nerd) and I'm always impressed with the Miami ones b/c they have much stricter laws ($5000 and/or 5 years in jail vs. $1000 and/or 1 year elsewhere. oh and no pit bulls allowed!) :up:

Last edited:
Ugh.. people like this make me sick :yell: !!!

indra said:
AOn a similar note, my most recent stray cat (I get a lot -- they must know where the sucker lives!) has shotgun pellets in his leg (my vet doesn't take them out if they aren't causing problems), and he's not the first cat to come here with pellets or bullets in him. He's had a pretty tough life...he has lots of scars, but he's a happy indoor cat now. (And very bossy!) His name is Loki, by the way. It's the only thing he would respond to!

You are an angel :hug: I also feed and care for probably about 10 stray/feral cats .. yes they do know where the suckers live dont they :lol: My neighbor and I have managed to get 6 of them trapped, spayed and re-released and they still hang out here :) (Though they dont let me touch them :slant: ) But it makes you feel good to help the homeless animals doesnt it!

i want to shoot that guy now

those dogs are adorable :heart:

U2Kitten said:

That puppy looks so smug!!! }:)~

Here's another story of a dog triumphing over death:

From The Atlanta Journal-Constitution 15AUG03

Dog that beat death to represent strays
Gas chamber couldn't quell Quentin

St. Louis -- A dog that survived a trip to the gas chamber was tapped to star in a campaign to raise awareness about the millions of strays that are euthanized each year.
"His bad days are behind him for good," said Randy Grim, founder of Stray Rescue of St. Louis.
Grim became Quentin's guardian earlier this month after the 30-pound basenji mix went into a city gas chamber to be euthanized with other unwanted or unclaimed dogs -- then emerged very much alive, tail wagging.
The survival tale brought headlines, television cameras, and more than 700 offers of adoption.
"I didn't know how to pick one person out of 700," said Grim.
Quentin -- who is named for California's forbidding San Quentin State Prison -- will be the poster dog for the awareness campaign by the Mill Valley, Calif.-based group In Defense of Animals.
The group's founder, Elliot Katz, said it would donate $5,000 to begin a fund to eliminate the gas chamber as St. Louis' primary way of euthanizing stray dogs, and he said a benefit was planned tonight at his shelter to kick off the fund-raising effort.
Katz and his group advise people to call themselves pet guardians instead of owners. The group has succeeded in replacing the word "owner" with "guardian" on licenses or other offical documents in several locations, including San Francisco and Rhode Island.
"Guardians don't buy and sell animals, they adopt and rescue," Katz said.
He said there were three ways to decrease the number of homeless dogs: change the mind-set of people who adopt pets, spay or neuter animals, and identify commercial puppy mills.
About 5 million dogs are euthanized each year because homes cannot be found for them, Katz said. The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals estimates that between 5 million and 9 million companion animals are euthanized every year in the United States.

goat

}:)~

I'm glad he survived too. I can't stand to think of all the precious cats and dogs wasted at the pounds every year. It's so wrong :sad: :sad:

I didn't know he shot 3 of the pups first :sad: asshole! :down: Did he think the others wouldn't catch onto what was happening? It really makes me sick to know there are 'people' in this world who actually get a charge out of taking lives like that, and I hate them all. I still worry about the mother dog, because this fuck is most likely the owner for him to have had all those pups. He doesn't deserve to own her with such disregard for her and her pups' lives. If he didn't want a dog he shouldn't have gotten one. If he didn't want pups he should have gotten her fixed. I hope she gets a new home too.

for all the dogs and cats who die in sad ways every day

bawling2.gif

:angel:

One way we can all help end animal cruelty is to get involved and report it. It is illegal and police have to respond.
Anytime I have a concern about an animal I report it and then I follow up on it to make sure the law was followed.

Back
Top Bottom