Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, Axver, please, laugh your ass off as I present the setlist:

1) TENTH AVENUE FREEZE OUT
2) Born to Run
3) Working on a Dream/Glory Days

now, the worst part about him playing Glory Days to me was that it's a baseball song, and I will always love baseball 2383285x more than football. But...it only got worse. he changed the lyrics so they were football centric. I've been saying for months I'd hunt him down if he did that.

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 95
User Name Posts
Angela Harlem 23
bono_212 20
Axver 19
The Sad Punk 15
coolian2 7
Alisaura 5
Varitek 2
KhanadaRhodes 1
cinnaminson 1
DreamOutLoud13 1
liamcool 1
Show Thread & Close Window

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOKIE@@!!! ME!

2) Born to Run

now, the worst part about him playing Glory Days to me was that it's a baseball song, and I will always love baseball 2383285x more than football. But...it only got worse. he changed the lyrics so they were football centric. I've been saying for months I'd hunt him down if he did that.

So would the U2 equivalent be like Bono changing the lyrics to SBS so they'd be about Darfur?

NO WAY DID HE PLAY TENTH TENTH TENTH TENTH TENTH TENTH.

NO. FUCKING. WAY.

clf

2) Born to Run

Correction:

1. Radio Nowhere (snippet)/Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
2. Born to Run
3. Working on a Dream
4. Glory Days

Note: All songs shortened to fit into the 12-minute time limit. Joined by five horn players.

So would the U2 equivalent be like Bono changing the lyrics to SBS so they'd be about Darfur?

Possibly.

Take something you love. Got it in your head? Now imagine one of your favorite artists sang a song about it. Now pretend that that artist changed the lyrics to something you did NOT love. Betrayal.

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 95
User Name Posts
Angela Harlem 23
bono_212 20
Axver 19
The Sad Punk 15
coolian2 7
Alisaura 5
Varitek 2
KhanadaRhodes 1
cinnaminson 1
DreamOutLoud13 1
liamcool 1
Show Thread & Close Window

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOKIE@@!!! ME!

smiledt9.png

Yeah, in Glory Days, he changed "baseball player" to "football player" and "throw that speed ball by you, make you look like a fool, boy" to "throw that Hail Mary (self-deprecating chuckle)."

NO WAY DID HE PLAY TENTH TENTH TENTH TENTH TENTH TENTH.

NO. FUCKING. WAY.

clf

Ax! I was dying. DYING. I couldn't even quite explain to my aunt why it was so funny. I could barely breathe!

Correction:

1. Radio Nowhere (snippet)/Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
2. Born to Run
3. Working on a Dream
4. Glory Days

Note: All songs shortened to fit into the 12-minute time limit. Joined by five horn players.

Oh I couldn't hear Radio Nowhere! Kick ass!

For the record, the fact that Pender and La Bamba were there more than made up for the Glory Days thing though.

LA BAMBA :love:

Possibly.

Take something you love. Got it in your head? Now imagine one of your favorite artists sang a song about it. Now pretend that that artist changed the lyrics to something you did NOT love. Betrayal.

so you're pissed and resentful and think he has sold out?

don't u2 do this often?

... just sayin?

Possibly.

Hmm, well I loved the problems in Northern Ireland and I despise what's going in in Darfur... yes, I understand exactly!

Yeah, in Glory Days, he changed "baseball player" to "football player" and "throw that speed ball by you, make you look like a fool, boy" to "throw that Hail Mary (self-deprecating chuckle)."

I don't mean to sound upset, overall the performance was amazing but, I had been dreading this possiblity since the beginning. Couldn't believe it actually happened.

Ax! I was dying. DYING. I couldn't even quite explain to my aunt why it was so funny. I could barely breathe!

Oh I couldn't hear Radio Nowhere! Kick ass!

I count him yelling "IS THERE ANYBODY ALIVE OUT THERE?" as a Radio Nowhere snippet. We're breaking this shit down, Axver style.

What did I tell you!

WHAT DID I TELL YOU!

:lmao: :lmao:

Oh man, that's brilliant. Are U2 now going to play The Refugee at the Grammys?

I count him yelling "IS THERE ANYBODY ALIVE OUT THERE?" as a Radio Nowhere snippet. We're breaking this shit down, Axver style.

these days I'd agree. Though, all those times he yelled that before Radio Nowhere existed can just be precognative snippets I guess :lol:

What did I tell you!

WHAT DID I TELL YOU!

:lmao: :lmao:

Oh man, that's brilliant. Are U2 now going to play The Refugee at the Grammys?

WHO THE FUCK KNOWS NOW?!?!!?!?! l NOW BELIEVE THAT ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!!

oK, I need to get back to the game. Just using my uncle's comp to capture the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom