Punk rock thread - Who here's a fan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That stinks that mxpx aren't very nice... I've never seen a show of theirs or met them or anything, I just have a few cds and stuff. So many kids at my school love them, so I figured I'd see what they were all about and I thought they seemed cool. Being jerks to fans takes away from their coolness, though... :angry:

:up: velvet underground, elvis costello, ramones, sex pistols, U2 :eek:? , the clash....

i just sent a friend a whole ton of dropkick murphys songs. dkm now have a new fan in ny.

Nothing beats a few pints and a St. Patrick's Day Dropkick Murphys' show. Nothing.

See the avatar? I'm a punk fan.

I just wanted to say that Here We Go by Bouncing Souls is a freaking awesome song!!!! Boo ya.

A lot of people have said that Punk was an era, an angry moment in time. It wasn't as much a musical sound as it was an attitude; an anti-social idea. I would consider most of these acts today not as punk, but as retro new-wave (or pop-punk). In that case the best punk acts have already been mentioned, like The Clash, The Buzzcocks, The Ramones, The Sex Pistols (and pretty much any band with "The" as a modifier). The newer acts should have a different category, because punk shouldn't be associated with a sound (if you're a U2 fan you know why). But, I can't stand it when music critics define a genre, or limit artists by placing them in easily referenced subsets, like grunge (ahhh... not that four letter word)... that in itself is punk, I guess.

I know what you mean Cujo. It is too bad when bands get stuck under a specific label somtimes, but at the same time it doesnt bother me too much. I have a hard enough time describing what type of music someone is, or how they sound even with labels, I'd hate to try to do it with out just shoving a category on them.

Back
Top Bottom