Punch-Drunk Love - new P.T.A. movie w/ Sandler & Watson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Happy Friday Everyone!

So, the new PTA movie finally gets wide release today, starring Adam Sandler and Emily Watson.

Have any of you seen it, or thinking about it?

I'm seeing it tonight.. I can't wait! I :heart: all PTA movies. I believe him to be an incredible director and story-teller.

It looks interesting. Everytime I see the commercial I get that song stuck in my head.

Oh...who is PTA????

:reject:

Paul Thomas Anderson.. director of Boogie Nights and Magnolia.

The press and fans usually just call him PTA. :)

I really really wanna see this flick..:up:
I absolutely loved Magnolia..:)
So far every newspaper has given it 4-5 stars*****

DB9
:dance:

Last edited:
I just bought the Magnolia DVDs today used for $11, I didn't get it the first time around but it's been a while and I've been wanting to see it again. And PDL looks good too, I need to see it.

Last edited:
I really want to see it... pretty damn bad. but i don't think they're releasing it here.

and i can't wait for the soundtrack.. Jon Brion is doing it, and i think he sings that song on the commercial.. which i also get stuck in my head u2loopy, b/c it sounds sweet ass.

the first p t anderson movie i saw was Hard Eight.

it is rerally good.

he uses a lot of the same actors who went on to appear in Boogie Nights and Magnolia.

it did not get as much buzz as the other two. But, it is a great lower budget film. if you are a PTA fan, this is a must.

So what did you all think?

Maybe my expectations were too high, but I definitely wasn't thrilled w/ it..

I always enjoy Emily Watson, I think she's an excellent actress, and I'd definitely much rather watch Adam Sandler in this than The Waterboy, but..:shrug:

Grrr... yeah... I didn't care for it either.

It just seemed that PTA "gave up" on the movie. I could actually feel the tone change in many ways.. as if PTA stopped caring about the story and the characters. I've never noticed that in a movie before. :shrug:

I thought Sandler was great and have always loved Watson.

Sandler was incredible. And Emily Watson is always a pleasure.

But the movie...:shrug:

The moment the credits began to roll, my friend beside me jumped up and said, "whatever!" and that just about summed it up for me.

my reaction--> :| :huh: :|

it was odd...which i didn't expect because i didn't know much about it...and i half liked it, half didn't like it...i just don't know...

I loved it. It took me a while to get into it, but once I did, there was no going back. I'll go out on a limb and say that this is my favorite PTA movie.

I thought Magnolia was too pretentious. Boogie Nights was great, but kind of lost steam towards the end, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom