Pumpkins best single...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe "Stand Inside Your Love" is a perfect song, and the video is very intriguing...

"Tonight, Tonight" was their best video, 1979 was the Grammy-nominated song... but yeah, "Stand Inside Your Love" is #1

but "Cherub Rock" was the single that made me go out and buy Siamese Dream and Gish

"Bullet with Butterfly Wings" was a kick in the ass, not many songs that heavy are smash hits

Adore was a great album but didn't really produce any great singles, though "Perfect" did fairly well

Yeah, I know, I love Adore, it was the first Pumpkins album I owned. My friend is a hardcore Pumpkins fan, and got me listening to them. I downloaded the video for Stand Inside Your Love last night, really, really good stuff. I forgot about "1979" though, for a long time it was my fave Pumpkins song, or any song for that matter. Was "Daphne Descends" a single?

While we're on this, what songs should make the cut for the best of that's due later this year? I'm gonna put mine together, then post it later.

[This message has been edited by UnforgettableLemon (edited 07-18-2001).]

nope, "Perfect" and "Ava Adore" were singles, and "Crestfallen" without a video though

contenders for "The Best of"

Gish
Rhinoceros
Tristessa

Siamese Dream
Today
Cherub Rock
Disarm
Mayonaise

Mellon Collie & the Infinite Sadness
Tonight, Tonight
Thirty-Three
Bullet with Butterfly Wings
Zero
Muzzle

Adore
Perfect
Ava Adore
Crestfallen
For Martha or Blank Page

Machina
Stand Inside Your Love
I of the Mourning
Everlasting Gaze
Try, Try, Try
Age of Innocence

Machina II
Vanity
Cash Car Star
If There Is a God

miscellaneous:

Untitled (post-humous quasi-single)
Drown (Singles Soundtrack)
The End is the Beginning is the End (Batman Forever Soundtrack)

oooops, looks like that would be a double cd
smile.gif

narrow it down to:

Rhinoceros
Today
Cherub Rock
Disarm
Tonight, Tonight
Bullet w/ Butterfly Wings
Zero
Thirty-Three
The End is the Beginning is the End
Perfect
Ava Adore
Stand Inside Your Love
I of the Mourning
Try, Try, Try
Vanity
Untitled

this is my best guess, not saying it's my personal "best of" but this is what I would expect to see

[This message has been edited by The Wanderer (edited 07-18-2001).]

I found an SP discography with Daphne Descends listed, it was a promo CD, so I think it was supposed to be a single, but didn't do very well.

Yeah, I know, I couldn't narrow it down, myself, because they have so many unbelieveable songs. I hope that TEITBITE will be on there, though, because I really need it on CD, don't want to shell out the cash for Batman & Robin.

UL, i see that you live in VA, i too live in VA, if you want a copy of End is Beginning... or any other Pumpkins b-sides/rarities/acoustic demos i would be happy to send them to you; i also have a few live concerts i could copy and send you if you are interested (you do have Machina II, right?)

You are kind to an unreal degree. No, I've been trying to download some songs from Machina II, the only one I've been able to get my hands on is If There Is a God, an excellent, excellent song. Do you have anything from the farewell show?

yeah, i have almost all of the farewell show downloaded (well, the one at the United Center which is actually 2nd to last, i'm not sure the last one at that 1,000 seat venue is available, at least i haven't seen it)

if you are interested drop me a line at zootopia@u2dublin.com

[This message has been edited by The Wanderer (edited 07-18-2001).]

Tonight, Tonight.

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

tonight tonight has got to be one of the greatest ever film clips.

The Stand vid is very cool. Nice dress Billy.

Disarm was the first Pumpkins song that got me in.

Cherub Rock, 1979, TOnight Tonight, Zero, Stand inside your love - ultimate Pumpkins lovesong

Today..........the landscape, the ice-cream truck and then all of that painting at the end= Way cool
smile.gif

------------------
"thankyou, thankyou, thankyou for coming out.....it's a nice place you got here, your lucky to live here.....some of our mates, ahhh, some of our mates get busted for hi-jacking aeroplanes, we get busted for wearing sandals, you know thats, thats cool.....alright thankyou for coming out and, and spending the big bucks to see Popmart, thanks alot"

Bono: Intro to 'I still havn't found what I'm looking for', ANZ Stadium Brisbane, February 25th 1998.....

I liked Ava Adore....try playing it on your car radio with the bass cranked up and the windows down. IT FUCKING ROCKS.

* this same technique also makes POP sound like the greatest album ever recorded. Try it sometime.

------------------
"Are you saying Boo, or are you saying Boo-urns?"
"Actually, I was saying Boo-ono."

Originally posted by OzAurora:
Today..........the landscape, the ice-cream truck and then all of that painting at the end= Way cool
smile.gif

I definately agree with this one

smile.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I'd have to go with Zero, The End is the Beginning is the End is the Beginning is the End is the Beginning is the End is the..., or Everlasting Gaze.
Really liked the punkins when they got loud and raucous.(like them softer too, but raucous is better).

Also really liked their take on "Never Let Me Down Again" that song is great with guitars in it.

"BURY ME"
from "Gish".

It's THE best. I used to listen to this song over and over again.
From the guitar feedback at the very start to the pulsating bass to the pounding drums to Billy's shrill...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... beautimus.

I used to say that I wanted that tune played at my funeral (although I still, to this day, have NO idea what the song is about)
But I changed my mind. I now want the theme song from the Simpsons played.

Peace

Back
Top Bottom