Pumpkin Carving anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had a retreat for all the pediatric residents today. we had a pumpkin carving contest & I won. My design? Two stickfigures going doggie style with the woman holding onto a table....:reject:

:D

Wish I could upload a picture, but it's on my phone & I can't get it online. :sad:

I carved an Eagles pumpkin a couple weeks ago, it looked awesome. I'd post a picture, but my computer's away for repairs. It turned out fantastically for my first time carving anything other than a face made of standard geometric shapes - I'll show you once my computer comes back from the shop.

Utoo said:
We had a retreat for all the pediatric residents today. we had a pumpkin carving contest & I won. My design? Two stickfigures going doggie style with the woman holding onto a table....:reject:

Wish I could upload a picture, but it's on my phone & I can't get it online. :sad:

:lmao: now that is something to see!

What kind of knives are you guys using for this shit? I think I may attempt a Habs logo this year.

Either that or Steve Zissou.

I used a small paring knife (the kind you think you'd use to peel apples with) for the detail, and a big-ass chef's knife to cut out the hole in the top.

Just be sure to scrape the insides down to about half an inch to 3/4ths of an inch thickness on the side you plan to carve before you start carving, otherwise you have to drive the knife in way too far and it's difficult to get pieces out without breaking the whole design.

PS: I just saw The Life Aquatic for the first time last week. Awesome flick! I can see why you like it so much. :up:

Grr, I suck at these games with a laptop touchpad.

I just got two real pumpkins to carve. Last year I did the Nemo below, it was insanely hard, so this year I think it will just be a ghost and a cat.

154189369_65314b2d6c_m.jpg

Utoo said:

To bad. That I would like to see. :lmao:

Two years ago I did a Spy Vs Spy thing. It was pretty cool for me because I have no artistic abilities whatsoever, but the front was the white spy (which was carved out) and the back was the black spy (which was magic markered on) and then I cut a vs. out of one side, and wrote vs on the other side with magic marker. iT was pretty cool, but I don't know what mom did with the pictures :( I was gonna send them in to mad magazine, but I never got the pics (they were holding a contest, if they posted your pumpkin picture you got a free two year subscription :dance: ) It was a green pumpkin too :cute:

Liesje said:
Grr, I suck at these games with a laptop touchpad.

I just got two real pumpkins to carve. Last year I did the Nemo below, it was insanely hard, so this year I think it will just be a ghost and a cat.

154189369_65314b2d6c_m.jpg

That is so cool! Looks like it would be a hard one to do though.

Dammit... :mad: I made a very topical jack-o-lantern, but I can't post the stupid picture & now I've lost the image & I don't feel like cutting the stupid thing all over again. :grumpy:

It read 'CA(RVED)'.... you know, as a play on the (RED) Campaign. Anyway, it was kind of cute all orange & glowy. :slant:

Last edited:
I just finished mine tonight. Kind of last minute but I'm actually really proud of how it turned out. :wink:

zoopumpkin8.jpg

zoopumpkin5.jpg

mads, how do the pieces of the zoo baby stay put since it looks like you carved all the way around? Nice work!

Mine was the grim reaper, but the pumpkin started to shrivel and the design sort of collapsed, so I just turn it around and carved some spooky eyes on it instead. The "HI" one is Phil's. He said he'd never carved a pumpkin before. I said, "You can't tell me you're an American and you've never carved a pumpkin..."

Pumpkins 003.jpg

I didn't carve all the way through. I just sort of shaved the area away enough to let light through.

Back
Top Bottom