project runway season three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If the winner passes on the prize, does the money / prizes go to the runner up, or does Bravo get to keep all of the prizes :der:

dsmith2904 said:

If the winner passes up on the prize, I don't think anyone gets it.

So Bravo makes tons of money from this hit show, and runs this contest that we all watch weekly, and in the end, no one gets the prize. :mad: (I know get the fame, celebrity, recognition, but...)

But it's the winner's choice to take it or not, so it's not like Bravo's taking it away from anyone.

I've wanted Michael to win pretty much since the beginning. I think he's talented but still has so much potential that he would definitely benefit from the mentorship. And he's the nicest person on the show.

Just watched it - Based on the collections in the finale only, I thought the 2nd place finisher should have won. The collections were quite interesting, and looked better than some of the spoilers made them out to be. Congrats to the winner!

I guess that person deserved to win, out of all the collections theirs was the most original and creative.I don't think we have to be vague about it though, I would assume it's a given that we're discussing the finale in here and who won :shrug: and that people who haven't watched it would stay away if they don't want to know

Right after the runway show I told my friend who would win, and I was right :wink:

I think Michael didn't trust his style and instincts and tried to be something he isn't ("this is Bryant Park") and that's why that happened. I think he's so talented, he was just trying to be what he thinks New York wants when he should have just been himself. I didn't like his collection at all.

I was glad he won simply b/c Laura looked so petty..and then when she went up and ugged him like everything was okay?

Anyways based on the collections only I LOVED Uli's...that first dress was:drool:

What happened to Michael? I thought it was terrible!!

Oh well bring on Top Chef......I watch WAY too much TV:huh:

Uli's was nice, but I actually liked Jeffrey's collection the best, and was very pleased he won.

Michael's was just a hot mess (some of his white pieces were nice), and I liked Laura's, but yeah - same old, same old.

it was nice meeting you last night, Sula

:wave:

but i'm still upset. stupid Jeffrey. we had a PR party, and everyone got scorecards and we all wrote comments and grades of 1-5, and everyone, but EVERYONE, at the party rated Jeffrey the lowest, and Uli the highest.

oh, my poor little Frauline. :sad:

I love reading what people have to say about it online

Most of these sure seem to be anti-Jeffrey

http://offtherack.people.com/2006/10/whose_collectio.html#comments

just one..

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? That green striped MESS??? It looks like a bad high school home-ec project! It's puckered in the wrong places and the fabric is HIDEOUS! What were the judges smoking? Between Jeffrey's disjointed "high school home-ec" collection & Michaels "I'm a HO & proud of it" collection I wanted to scream! Laura's was elegant & Uli's was fun - for either to win would've been better. Actually it's probably better for both of them that they distance themselves from this - what a joke! I've been a designer for 25 years & I'm baffled by their choice! By the way - if you check out the "Olympus Fashion Week" & take a peek at Badgley Mischka & Michael Kors designs you'll see a LOT of Laura's influence. Coincidence? Hardly.

debra | Oct 19, 2006 7:47:48 AM

Last edited:
Irvine511 said:
it was nice meeting you last night, Sula

:wave:

:wave: It was great to meet you too, Irvine! Thanks for the drink. :D

I wish I could have gone to the PR party. Did I call it or what???? :lol:

I've liked Jeffrey's work (if not his attitude) over the course of the show and think he deserved the win. That said, I would have been equally happy to see Uli win as I felt that both of their collections were very strong. Laura looked so petty...Michael, so young.

Still, I think all of the final four have a niche in the fashion world.

Back
Top Bottom