project runway season three - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2006, 11:17 PM   #106
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 03:18 PM
I have watched this show a couple of times now and I just cannot get into it. Is it for real? I can't help but wonder what kind of reality TV show will they come up with next and when will they stop?

Old 08-31-2006, 03:36 AM   #107
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:18 PM
Wow - so the designers had to design for jetsetters, and then it turned out they were to design for themselves on this episode... What the hell were Kayne & Angela thinking? Kayne's was ridiculous, not to mention he can't model. But Angela? Jetsetter? It looked more "hick-ey" to me than anything... I liked Uli's but the panel weren't impressed, saying that's what she would normally wear/design. I liked it, and always liked her choice of patterns. Jeffrey's RNR outfit did look cool and fit him, so I'm alright with him winning the challenge. Must have been cool to fly first class to Paris though , but I did feel bad that someone was going to get cut as soon as he/she arrived... Oh well. And then there were 6...

Old 08-31-2006, 06:15 AM   #108
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:18 PM
omg I absolutely LOVED Jeff and Michael's outfits this time around. and Laura's was surprisingly good too.

Kayne's... I dunno, I didn't think it was as terrible as the judges did. it's not an outfit anyone could wear, but it's something he could pull off, I thought.

I'm glad Jeffrey finally won one and Angela is finally out - her outfit was TERRIBLE. I think the very basic design of the shirt and pants was fine, but everything about it sucked. and I hate those rosettes.

even though I'm a girl I would soooo wear Jeff's outfit. the skull and crossbones thing was awesomez
Old 08-31-2006, 09:32 AM   #109
War Child

Local Time: 07:18 PM
Michael

I think that is the first time in my life I have liked seersucker
Old 08-31-2006, 10:33 AM   #110
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:18 PM
i thought Kayne was way, way worse than Angela. i thought Angela's looked like Angela, her kind of bo-ho dumpster chic thing, and that was cool, and it looked comfortable, and i actually like her little roses and i thought they were well placed on each of her ass cheeks.

kayne looked like an Elvis impersonator. he's beginning to grate on me, too, as there's a tackiness about him that i can't handle, he's so ... into sparkles and rhinestones and all this shit that i simply can't stand and his fucking belt

and i can't stand his name either. and i think he's really fake in the interviews.

but, anyway ... i was surprised, since if i were producing, i would have kept Angela around for the tension between her and Jeffrey, but maybe having her lose and then having Jeffrey both win the challenge and then laugh in her face is going to set him up for that much more of a fall later on, he's the Santino of this season. (whereas Laura is like Wendy Pepper, only she's not a total idiot).

and when, oh when, is Vincent going to get booted?

anyway, final 3 predictions:

1. Michael
2. Uli (i her)
3. Jeffrey
Old 08-31-2006, 02:57 PM   #111
Blue Crack Distributor

Yes, I think it will/should be Uli & Michael in the finals. Haven't decided who else. I'm with you in that I can't believe Vincent is still there. And I did like Kayne early on, but he's gone Robert on me and disappointed in each challenge. Not sure where Laura will finish in this. And yes, Angela's design was so Angela, and that's fine, but her design did not fit the challenge. Probably hard for her to "get" since she's not a jet-setter type and from a rural farm, which she told us repeatedly...
Old 08-31-2006, 03:15 PM   #112
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:18 PM
There's something about Vincent's quirkiness that I like but I hate his designs
Old 08-31-2006, 04:58 PM   #113
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

omg, I had never watched this show until last night...and I got sucked in! I watched like 4 episodes back to back.

It's damn addictive. lol.

Old 08-31-2006, 05:50 PM   #114
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Carek1230
I have watched this show a couple of times now and I just cannot get into it. Is it for real? I can't help but wonder what kind of reality TV show will they come up with next and when will they stop?
Not sure what you mean ... yes, it's for real. I like this reality show because the contestants have talent, and they're actually required to use that talent to win. And when they win the whole kit and caboodle, they get to keep using that talent.

Good stuff.

That being said, man is Jeff a prick.

Vincent needs to be gone. I'll take Kayne's tacky outfit and Angela's ugly one over his DULL, DULL, DULL, unimaginative, and oh, did I mention DULL outfit.

Dull!
Old 08-31-2006, 06:14 PM   #115
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 08-31-2006, 08:59 PM   #116
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

anyway, final 3 predictions:

1. Michael
2. Uli (i her)
3. Jeffrey
word

though I think Uli is going to have to do something without prints the next challenge to prove she can mix it up

I think Kayne and Laura have shots at the top three, but it's hard to say... Kayne is so hit and miss and Laura's stuff is all too similar, though her last dress was nice and somewhat different from her usual style.

i do NOT think Vincent will be in the top three. god, he'd better not be. I think he'll be next to go IF he does something really boring and/or ridiculous next challenge. but it could be anyone...except I think Michael's pretty safe unless he really completely fucks up. but I don't think that will happen.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:15 PM   #117
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

I got sucked into watching this by my roommate's gf. I do like that it's actually based on talent and creating something artistic. And it seems to be the least catty and manipulative of the reality shows out there. Anyway:

Kayne needs to go. His last 3 have been really bad. Like "I'm trying to uphold the negative stereotype of a gay man" bad.

Vincent. Ugh, dude. A black tee and black slacks? That's the best you can come up with? It might not have looked as tacky as Kayne's or as frumpy as Angela's, but good lord, Mervyn's has bolder designs than that.

Jeff - he's got a unique style and loads of talent, but he's an ass.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:54 AM   #118
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

i don't get how kayne can be in the bottom two and yet vincent is safe

i like kayne's stuff, i dunno. the recycling challenge? i loved that painted skirt thing he made. maybe i've got a little bit of tacky over-the-top gay guy taste in me
Old 09-01-2006, 09:34 AM   #119
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

So I Tivo'd the latest episode and watched it last night. I have to admit, I was glad to see Angela leave...she annoyed the hell out of me. But I think Kayne was lucky he didn't get tossed because his Elvis outfit was

I Michael! How cool were those pants? I want to go buy some for my bf.

Old 09-01-2006, 11:53 AM   #120
Acrobat

I honestly think Michael has got the best shot to win this thing, his ability to sit himself down for 15 minutes and dream up not only an appropriate but also stylish and professional outfit is a talent that is very unique to him. He realized from the beginning that searsucker would be the best material for the jetsetter outfit proved to me that he was one of the best in the group. Plus, Michael Knight is a sweet designer brand name!