project runway season three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol:

:corn:

from bestweekever.tv:

Project Runway: A Waste Of An Hour Challenge
There seems to be yet another cheating scandal on Project Runway this week. Yes, it seems that PR has cheated the viewer out of a real challenge/ending during last night’s episode.

I don’t even think it’s possible to spoil last night’s Project Runway, hence no pussyfooting around “alerts” and the like: Nothing happened. No, seriously, nada. Here is how the episode went down: The remaining four designers were given a challenge to take $250 and do whatever they wanted with it in 2 days. Actually, it was more complicated. They had to design something that was “their style” but also “completely different”, something that would surprise the judges. The designers seemed stumped by all of the possibilities, Michael especially, who spent a good few hours sketching until he hit upon a nice enough purple prom dress, albeit one that lets your tits dangle in the fall breeze. Of course, when it turned out they didn’t have two days, rather one and a half (a sheisty move, I thought), that sketch time really cut into his design process. Laura constructed a kind of bland, same old lace-n’-bead combo, perfect for when you want to play your xylphone-clav on the subway to earn some pocket change. Jeffrey wanted to “shock” the judges, and did so by sewing together a dress that looked like a seat cover in a Trading Spaces room designed by Frank, and Uli made the earth stand still by designing a flowy-high-necked dress that let the knees out for a little air.

Last edited:
also from bestweekever.tv:

Project Runway: Jeffrey Sebelia Responds
A few days ago, we alerted you to a brewing Project Runway scandal first reported in New York Magazine. Well, of course, Jeffrey Sebelia has something to say about it. Check out his response to a Myspace message sent by one concerned fan:

Hey!!! Thanks for the concern, but all I have to say is be careful of what you read and also of what is presented in the press. Those people take any information they get (usually unfounded rumors) and just print them in order to bolster their own readership with no regard to the person they might be slandering. They are just doing their job as bottom feeding, sludge dredging, no-life having journalists.

Not all are like that. In fact a credible journalist might fact check and actually consult all parties before recklessly printing such an accusation. Beleive me, there have been other possible tabloid stories that could have been printed along they way, but those people thought about their responsibility and decided not to pollute people just for their sensationalism. As a reader, I would encourage you to write New York Magazine and ask them to clarify their sources, and challenge them to print the motivation for their actions. Maybe because I’m not a rich, pregnant social climber from New York…everything can be subjective.

There, now it’s all out in the open for you guys to read. And you know what? We still think he cheated. (Wah-wahhhhh) Oh, and we did zero research to come to that conclusion — we just don’t like the look of him. (Gosh, I hope we can still be Myspace friends after this!) Laura’s response? “I feel huge.” We don’t get it either. p.s. Laura is pregnant with her FIFTH son!

[q]Internal Investigation Rocks ‘Runway’
Competition all sewn up.
By Jada Yuan

How bad at sewing is Project Runway final-four contestant Jeffrey Sebelia? A few months ago, the show’s uneliminated contestants left the supervision of the producers to go home and work on their collections. But when they returned for their group show at Bryant Park, fellow contestant Laura Bennett accused Sebelia of cheating. Three weeks earlier, Tim Gunn, Parsons fashion design chair and the show’s mentor, had visited Sebelia in L.A. and declared, “He had a lot of work to do.” Word reached Bennett, whose mother had met and become friendly with Sebelia’s mother. Upon seeing Sebelia’s miraculously finished collection, Bennett told the producers she believed Sebelia had outsourced his sewing—which would disqualify him. “His collection was very ambitious,” says Gunn. “I wasn’t born yesterday.” Adding fuel to the fire was Sebelia’s rather unfinished style of construction throughout the show. “We took the accusation very seriously, and we did a very intense and thorough investigation,” says Gunn. Bravo would not allow him to reveal the resolution. The three finalists will be revealed September 27, and the winner October 18. Sebelia didn’t return calls.
[/q]

MrsSpringsteen said:
Was the reunion on last night? I watched Lost then completely forgot about PR. I guess I'll have to catch the rerun. When are those usually on?

Only about 30 times a day:wink:

Yeah, the reunion episode was last night. I didn't even recognize one of the women. And Keith was on (the "cheater"). Still claiming he was innocent :der: And I never liked Vincent, but his rant is :lol: I'm sure you'll catch it a million times between now and the next new episode...

I just watched the rerun of the reunion episode. Boy...Keith sure looked pissed. I don't get it. :shrug: He could have chosen not to come back on the show or he could just get over it and move on.

Yay Michael!!! I was so proud of him. :D

Michael rocks... he totally deserved the fan's choice award. Silly him looked surprised that he was chosen! :)

And I couldn't believe Keith! Claiming he was framed... :tsk:

Come on PR! Just get to the end... tell us who wins. But no, they're going to drag this out for another two weeks...

Yeah, Vincent definitely lives in his own little world, where he's perfect and a genius and everyone is below him.

I hope the cheating rumors about Jeffrey aren't true :yikes: I'm rooting for Michael, but I like Jeffrey, too.

Lila64 said:
I didn't even recognize one of the women.

I know! The woman with long, straight hair, right? I thought maybe Bonnie had been booted from the first episode, but it must have been that woman. Was Stacey her name maybe? Or am I thinking of someone else?

I liked last year's reunion episode better, if only because we got musical montages and Santino doing his Tim impersonation.

I really hope Jeffrey's not cheating cuz he's my favourite (along with Michael). but it's important to note that Jeffrey's dresses are always complicated and they only have like one or two days to do challenges, so it makes sense that he might have some construction issues. However, with three weeks I think he could finish up a collection, even if it needed a lot of work. I'll be surprised if he's actually cheating 'cause I don't think he's like that. i hope he's not.

remember season one and the shoes? :lol:

i am also not pleased that i have to get Memphis to DVR the new South Park for another TWO weeks as Bravo milks PR for all it's worth.

go Uli. :up: have decided she's my girl.

I don't think anyone will get booted. I think tonight will be their pre-Fashion Week preparation, with visits from Tim Gunn, and then next week would be the show and the choosing of the winner, yes? Maybe?

In any case, I don't think they'll say "all 4 are going to Fashion Week" and then boot someone before they get to show their work.

:hyper:

DVR is all programmed and ready to go!

I bet this is the episode in which Laura will accuse Jeffrey of cheating and another cafuffle will break loose. woot!

Go Michael!

KhanadaRhodes said:
i like the bit at the very end when tim says the producers have reached a decision or whatevs.

i think jeff will show in fashion week and not be asked to leave :hmm:

I think so too because on the preview for next week's show they try to make it look like he won't - tim says "unfortunatley..." and Uli hugs Jeffrey - so I think they're playing with us

I guess I can understand Laura's concern, and if he did cheat that's terrible, but I think she did it somewhat out of jealousy and I hope she's proven wrong. I mean, Jeff has his own line of clothes, so he has plenty of experience, and two months to complete 12 (is it 12?) outfits is a lot more than the two or generally one day they'd have for challenges. Of course he wouldn't get everything looking perfect in one day. But I think he's just really talented :shrug: hope i'm right

Well Jeffrey does have his own company-and it would have been very easy for him to get help. He feels very free to make comments about the other designers' work, so he should be able to take criticism and questions too. Keith was kicked off just for having a book, and didn't other contestants report that? I admire how far Jeffrey has come in his life-his sobriety and his success, and he was a completely different person around his son than the way he behaves on the show sometimes. I'm sure part of that is the way they edit it, but that doesn't put words in his mouth. But people who constantly needle and question others should be able to take it. I'm positive he will stay on-unless someone confessed they helped him how would they ever prove that?

Nick Verreos' blog on people.com

EPISODE THIRTEEN

As the end loomed near for the four season 3 finalists, they gathered one last time in front of Heidi and Tim at Parsons. Heidi proceeded to tell them that their final challenge would be to design 12 looks for Fashion Week, using $8,000 and only two months to do it. Last season's final designers had seven months to create their looks, and yet almost no one had a finished collection when they arrived for Fashion Week. I fear that they probably spent four of those seven months trying to detox from what they had just experienced. This time, however, Jeffrey, Laura, Michael and Uli had no time to putz around. They were told by Heidi and Tim to "amaze us" and do what they do best. For some designers, that could be translated into, "Continue to be catty and malicious."

Tim began his road trip to visit the designers a month later. First stop: Atlanta, Ga., where he drove his convertible Saturn Roadster while listening to, I presume, Mary J. Blige on the way to meet fan-favorite Michael. Michael (with a new set of braces) showed Tim his collection of three dresses, which he referred to as "street safari." Personally, it looked more like Baby Phat. He was obviously a bit nervous since he had nine more looks to go and only a month to finish them.

Tim returned to New York City, where he took the uptown train to Laura's spacious, multimillion dollar loft. After tripping over her collection of vintage Louis Vuitton luggage (and some unexpected turtle poop), Tim viewed Laura's finished evening dresses. Lots of intricate beadwork and very "Laura" cocktail dresses were on display. She certainly did what she knew best. In an effort to "youth up" her collection, Laura saved the worst for last, however, in the form of a ruffled green coat. Tim rightfully guided her to edit that one out.

Then on to Miami, where I venture to guess that Tim inserted his Gloria Estefan greatest hits CD into his car stereo on the way to Uli's waterfront apartment. Uli's theme for her collection turned out to be almost the same as Michael's – safari – but added a tropical twist instead. Were Michael and Uli looking at the same fashion forecasting books? The best part of this trip was the rare sighting of Tim without his jacket. I actually wanted to put a sleeveless muscle tee, shorts and flip-flops on him.

Finally, Tim took his Roadster to L.A. to visit Jeffrey. I could definitely imagine vintage Nirvana playing on the car stereo. After the requisite trip down suicide-and-drugs memory lane, we got a peek into Jeffrey's Japanese art-inspired collection. Tim seemed physically moved by it. I was more moved by Jeffrey's incredibly professional workspace and that every garment was hanging in their plastic bags, just as if he had received them back from the sewing contractor the night before. I made a mental note.

Two weeks later the designers were back in New York at the Macy's workroom, putting the finishing touches on their looks, making alterations and doing the model fittings. Drama ensued, of course. (I can really hear Mary J. now!) All the designers had something to do except Jeffrey, who spent his whole time staring at those blonde wigs on top of his table. (Are those our Barbie wigs from last season?) Laura confronted him by saying that he had outside help in creating his collection. Jeffrey reacted in an uncharacteristically calm manner, suggesting to Laura that he might be guilty. All I could think of now were those plastic garment manufacturer bags I noticed. As Tim stated, however, Laura's accusation would be hard to prove. Maybe Bravo secretly installed a Webcam at Jeffrey's studio and filmed everything. Stay tuned.

I have a feeling that something will come out of his receipts. They made sure to show him bumbling about with his receipts for a long time....they could've edited that part to be shorter if it didn't play a role. I have to say, though, he'd be pretty darn stupid if he brought incriminating receipts from LA to NY with him....

I was definitely surprised at his reaction. I thought that an innocent Jeffrey would've dropped a few f-bombs, etc. :shrug: Although I was also surprised that they showed him apparently crying at Tim's announcement on the preview....they don't usually make it that obvious what's going to happen next week. So, perhaps they are indeed playing with us!

AtomicBono said:

I think so too because on the preview for next week's show they try to make it look like he won't - tim says "unfortunatley..." and Uli hugs Jeffrey - so I think they're playing with us

This is what I thought, too. To me, that little bit showed way too much. I really doubt they would give it away like that, so it almost has to be the oppisite. And Jeffrey looked really tired to me, like he had been busting is butt trying to get it all done. But who knows. :shrug:

I didn't really like Jeffrey's pieces during the show, although I did like the last dress (the red, white and blue one), but from what I've seen of the collection for fashion week, he has turned into my favorite.

Uli was east German!?!?!

i totally :heart: her. and her run-on sentences and her English-with-German-grammar. reminds me of my best friend's mother, who is also German.

though i have to say that i was disappointed by her apartment. i thought it would be much more fun. in fact, i was sort of disappointed in everyone's apartments, since i'm always curious to see how they are decorated.

i bet they'll allow Jeffrey to sew, and maybe eliminate him from the competition itself. he was way calm when she accused him, so, yeah, i agree with Nick that his reaction seemed to indicate that he's up to something ...

Considering how much work the designers had the last two seasons during the days leading up to Bryant Park, the shorter prep time this season and the amount of work his competitors still had to do, I do find it a little suspicious that Jeffrey was pretty much done.

We all know that Jeffrey did show because it would have been too much of a spoiler for him not to. Now we just have to wait until Wednesday to see what follows up Tim's "unfortunately ..."

I'd still really like Michael to win. I think he's really talented, has a great point of view and would make an excellent sportswear designer for a mass-market line like Inc., moreso than any of his competitors.

Whoever wins, I do hope they actually take the prize because I think it's bogus for the runners-up if the winner passes up a prize they actually wanted. Sorry, still miffed that Chloe beat my sweetheart Daniel V. last season.

:love:
daniel_project_runway.jpg

Back
Top Bottom