project runway season three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I'm glad Angela & Vincent are still out. And Laura's dress was very nice and fit the challenge well. I have no idea what Kayne was thinking before or after he made his adjustments. Jeffrey's outfit did not seem to fit the challenge at all, and it seems he only has that "rock 'n roll" / "edgy" style to him. Has he made anything 'elegant' or would that be compromising himself :shrug: Wondering who will make the final 3. Got to be Michael (who should win it all), and I was hoping Uli... Uli's dress wasn't so bad, and I've always liked her designs, but they are starting to all be one dimensional in a sense as well... :shrug: At least there was no braiding :der:

I love Jeffrey, but I really didn't like his dress this time around. It didn't look like a cocktail dress at all. And I'm sad to see Kayne go... but I'm hoping the final three will be Uli, Jeffrey, and Michael. I think Michael probably has the best chance of winning, but we'll see. I though Daniel V. would win season two, but it was not to be.

and thank god vincent and angela are gone...again

I thought Jeffrey's outfit was atrocious- no woman would wear that to a cocktail party in all circles other than the one he travels in. And most women don't have the thighs to cover them in rubber or whatever that was :huh: He is a one hit wonder, and I thought he deserved the boot and not Kayne.

I loved Laura's dress-so elegant yet not "dowdy" like some of her other stuff. She is such a talented seamstress that her clothes look like they just came out of a designer showroom.

Uli is a one hit wonder too, but Michael is not-he has a great eye and is such a nice person. If I was picking my finalists would be Michael and Laura.

i think one of the reasons the designers are so one-note is because they have no time to complete the challenge. it's getting a little silly, because they have to fall back on what they do best simply to get it done. i know that this increases the tension, in theory, but i think the show would be better if they were to worry less about manufacturing drama and more on the creativity of the individual designers -- i want more time with the dresses, and more time spent creating the dresses so we get a more interesting end product.

(agreed that Jeffrey's outfit was terrible -- looked like a 1983 Madonna impersonator)

MrsSpringsteen said:

I loved Laura's dress-so elegant yet not "dowdy" like some of her other stuff. She is such a talented seamstress that her clothes look like they just came out of a designer showroom.

I agree if the showroom is Talbots. I think her clothes are lame. Yes the dress last night was pretty but who the hell wears short sleeves on a dress? No..NO..NO... Jeff's was terrible but the bad girl side in me would love to be able to wear it:wink:

Thank God Vinnie and Angie are gone again. They make me nervous and THAT COLLAR!!! WTF?!?!?

It was nice to see the judges FINALLY call out Uli? I am amazed that god awful necklace wasn't braided!!

Final three-Michael, Jeffery and Uli....:hmm:

Well clothing is subjective and we all have our own taste, but in my opinion there's no denying the workmanship in Laura's clothes-it looks impeccable to my untrained eye. Whereas the poor quality of some of the others' work is obvious to me. I think it's especially impressive that she can have that quality in such a short time span.

The average woman would rather wear something from Talbots than something that Jeffrey designs, and I have always assumed that the bottom line goal of the show is to produce a designer who can also design for the average woman, not things like Jeffrey designs. Maybe I'm wrong :shrug: There are plenty of women who prefer short sleeves to sleeveless too.

The competition is about creativity and originality, but I would think it has to be practical for the real world as well. Like Michael for example-he is creative but still practical and his clothes would still be wearable for the average woman-certainly that dress he did last night would be. He knows how to break out of the hip hop style and make his clothes translate.

I see your point I just don't like Laura's clothes at all. I feel like each design is the same and are so simple (with the exception of last night I'll grant you). High waist-A line-low V..I just find her boring. I much rather watch Jeffery week after week design somthing that borders on insane just b/c it is more interesting. After all this is a TV show. Michael however is the hands down winner in my opinion-his clothes are always different but still sewn beautifully. Okay the roushing on the coutour dress was off but he took a chance-I guess that is what I would love to see Laura do-get out of comfort zone and take a chance.

I do disagree with the fact that this show is for the average woman. Runway fashion has nothing to do with the average woman. If it did all the models would be above a size 2. Runway fashion very rarely translates into clothing that can sell at a store such as Macy's or even Talbot's. I could be wrong in my image of the show but I never saw this show as anything more than a runway show. Look att he past two seasons shows...Jay and Chloe's clothing lines would have a very hard time selling in an average store. Jay's roushing and Chloes HUGE sleeves.

I don't know if it's a runway show either, I guess the INC and Banana Republic, etc confuses me. I do think the most talented designers who have stood the test of time can make things that the average woman can and will wear and still have that runway style-like Calvin Klein for example. I know nothing about fashion, it's just my take on it :)

Irvine511 said:
i think one of the reasons the designers are so one-note is because they have no time to complete the challenge. it's getting a little silly, because they have to fall back on what they do best simply to get it done. i know that this increases the tension, in theory, but i think the show would be better if they were to worry less about manufacturing drama and more on the creativity of the individual designers -- i want more time with the dresses, and more time spent creating the dresses so we get a more interesting end product.

(agreed that Jeffrey's outfit was terrible -- looked like a 1983 Madonna impersonator)

I agree - I don't understand why they give the designers so little time to create. I think that's ridiculous. Last season they generally had 2 days. Last nights challenge gave them 15 minutes to sketch, and probably another 15 to choose fabric and an almost exact amount to purchase to boot. Then Vincent's model had an accident - so he had to adjust the clothing to fit another model who was apparently bigger than his original :shrug:

What a cheap ploy by the producers to create drama! I think they knew Angela and Vincent wouldn't be able to cut it, and just wanted to create some drama.

Hell, if they wanted drama, how about one of the models ... oh, I don't know ... GETTING HIT BY A BUS?! (I know they didn't specify that, but there was a rumor/spoiler when the season started when she was in the accident.)

I'm pleased with the final 4. Glad Laura won the challenge ... and hey Laura, while you're making changes, how about wearing your hair down! It looked so pretty in the shots in the apartment!

{/shallow}

I had a meeting last night and didn't get home until about 10:30. When I turned it on, seeing Vincent and Angela again really confused me :huh: Good thing Bravo reairs their shows about 50 times in one week. I'll be able to catch up in plenty of time for next week.

I'm really rooting for Michael. He has a distinct style but knows how to adapt it to each challenge, and I'm always impressed by how well he talks about his work. I could see him being really successful as a designer--much more than I could the others.

Kanye :sad: He's got so much potential, like Daniel from last season, I think he just needs a few more years to mature and understand his vision more.

Don't blame me, I didn't force any of you ladies :wink:

I gave it as quick a glance as I could, I didn't want to look too closely. Just based upon that though, I know who I would pick. Just my personal taste.

New episode this Wed. I think the Fashion Week season finale isn't until mid October, not sure

I just read this in my local paper

"Tim Gunn, the fab “Project Runway” fashionisto,will publish his first book, “Tim Gunn: A Guide to Style,” written with Parsons New School for Design’s Kate Moloney, next spring, according to Publishers Lunch. "

I hope he goes on a book tour that stops near me :love:

So somehow I missed subscribing to Tim's podcast so far this season... I've been catching up on his podcasts today.

I would definitely recommend grabbing these if you're a fan of the show... Tim gives his behind the scenes perspective on the shit that goes down.... and oftentimes it's quite different than what we see...

:heart: Tim :heart:

according to bestweekever.tv:

Just when we thought our Project Runway withdrawal couldn’t sink any deeper, a bit of news comes through to feed the addiction. New York Magazine reveals today that yet another PR contestant has been accussed of cheating: Jeffrey Sebelia, the weak-chinned ex-drug addict with the torah scroll tattooed around his neck. Apparently, when the devastatingly charming Tim Gunn visited Jeffrey’s home in Los Angeles to check on his collection, he noted that Sebalia had a lot of work left to do. Somehow, word got back to Xylophone-Chested Nancy’s (i.e. Laura’s) Mom. When the big runway show went down only a few weeks later, Laura noticed how complete and finely made all of Jeffrey’s clothing was — unusual for a guy whose clothes usually looked like the went through a shredder, and moreso considering how little time he had to finish everything. Hence, Laura accussed Jeffrey of using outside sewers to help him complete the project, something against PR’s strict rules.

Bravo TV execs remain quiet over the turn-out of this serious accusation, and hopefully it will be included in what sounds like one of the most dramatic PR finales yet. We wonder, though, if this means that both Jeffrey and Laura are in the final 3? Or, according to the rumor, will there actually be 4 real runway shows this year, minus the decoy?

JEFFSEBELIA.JPG

I'm a little torn. On the one hand, it's kind of a cop-out to not eliminate someone.

On the other hand, I was afraid Michael would have been cut, and that would have made me sad, so yay!

I'm really excited to see what they all pull out for their collections.

And I can't wait for the reunion show next week! Those are always awesome.

i think it's getting a little boring, at least in comparison to last year. i think i miss Robert, even though he did kind of suck at designing clothes. :sad: i loved his shirt that said "you look hotter online."

i didn't love any of the dresses last night, and i think i would have gone with Laura's, though she is SUCH a one-trick pony. Uli's looked much, much better on the runway than it did on the street, and i think that's because her model is amazing and might have a lot to do with why Michael won two challenges. not that Michael isn't talented (and am gald to see him stay, even if it was a little lame), but it's that his model rocks the runway each and every time. she's gorgeous. i know why Uli took her.

i also think that Laura and Uli need their own TV show. was glad to see some of her personality this episode. i bet she's a kick to hang out with.

loved how Laura called her "Ools." :up:

Hmm, I'm not sure how I feel about last night's show. I was relieved that Michael didn't get cut, because I think he definitely had the weakest dress of the four. I actually thought that Jeffrey's looked good when he was in the process of making it, but once I saw it on the runway, it was like...mm, not so much.

Laura's dress was nice, but pretty much identical to last week's win, only with a different neckline. It was nice to see Uli win a challenge. As much as I'm getting tired of seeing her make the same floaty, patterned dress, this one was a bit different. I liked the neckline.

Oh and that model does totally rock. Smart of Uli to steal her away from Michael.

I know that Jeffrey's the one that everyone loves to hate, but I have to say, I do like a lot of the work he's done. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom