project runway season three - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2006, 02:17 PM   #61
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bonos_Lemon
I was worried Robert would go because I think he's really funny and a great designer, so I'm glad it was the other lady. Bonnie, right? They never showed her soo...

not to mention he looks great in a wife-beater.

anyway, no surprises, (though i did hate Robert's outfit, but i feel like his other stuff has been great), and Angela deservedly won. good for her. and i think Michael is going to slowly emerge as one of the best designers much like (as someone pointed out earlier) Daniel V. took a while to emerge.

Old 08-03-2006, 02:18 PM   #62
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
Oh, and I was disappointed none of the judges rolled their eyes when Angela described her "Empire State Building" inspiration. This is the THIRD YEAR in a row that someone has done something inspired by the Empire State Building (Jay in season 1, Chloe last year).

Come up with new inspiration!

Jay's dress was inspired by the Chrysler Buildling.

i remember it being particularly impressive.

(don't remember about Chloe, though)

Old 08-03-2006, 02:56 PM   #63
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:33 PM
D'oh! You're right. I don't remember which one Chloe's was inspired by. Maybe it was the Chrysler building, too?

Oh well.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:00 PM   #64
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

not to mention he looks great in a wife-beater.

anyway, no surprises, (though i did hate Robert's outfit, but i feel like his other stuff has been great), and Angela deservedly won. good for her. and i think Michael is going to slowly emerge as one of the best designers much like (as someone pointed out earlier) Daniel V. took a while to emerge.
agree with entire post though I really liked Keith's group's outfit too... for some reason I really like Jeffrey. He came across as kind of a jerk at first but he doesn't seem quite as bad now.

Kinda sad to see Keith gone, but I can't say he didn't deserve it. What a dumbass

and Bonnie...well I didn't know enough about her to care if she left
Old 08-03-2006, 05:44 PM   #65
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:33 AM
Old 08-03-2006, 05:51 PM   #66
War Child

Local Time: 03:33 AM
wonder why Micheal Kors hasn't been there?!? Do love Vera however...seeing since she redifined the dress market!!
Old 08-03-2006, 07:04 PM   #67
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I was disappointed that there wasn't a real chance for Vincent to be out this week. I still can't stand him.

What's up with Bradley?
Old 08-03-2006, 08:11 PM   #68
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Bradley looks like he is high every damn time they talk to him.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:43 PM   #69
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64

based on the preview it looks like Micheal Kors will be back next ep, which is good because I find him to be much more entertaining than Vera
Old 08-04-2006, 04:06 AM   #70
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:33 AM
From bestweekever.tv:

ICYMI: Al Roker Hams Things Up
We seriously do not understand what control room glitch went down on this morning’s Today Show. Check out this clip of Al Roker interviewing Project Runway’s Tim Gunn and Nina Garcia. We swear, this is actually how it aired.

http://www.bestweekever.tv/2006/08/0...ams-things-up/
Old 08-04-2006, 11:32 PM   #71
ONE
love, blood, life

wtf?!
Old 08-05-2006, 08:58 PM   #72
Refugee

I think it was a subliminal message that people in the fashion industry are pigs
Old 08-05-2006, 11:28 PM   #73
ONE
love, blood, life

That reminds me of this episode of "The Simpsons" where Kent Brockman is trying to talk about a serious news piece and instead they keep showing footage of a baby goat drinking from a bottle. Gotta love live news.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:23 PM   #74
Blue Crack Addict

people.com

The first-ever designer to be kicked off Bravo's Project Runway for breaking the rules has spoken out about his ouster – and he thinks he got a raw deal.

Brooklyn, N.Y., native Keith Michael, 34, was asked to leave because he had pattern-making books in his room – a violation of the contest's rules – and at one point had gone AWOL from the production.

The freelance designer tells Bravo senior vice president of production and programming Andy Cohen, who writes a blog on bravotv.com, "I am not the kind of person who can't admit when he's wrong. I feel like there was a lack of integrity on behalf of the production. I thought it was one-sided."

He doesn't deny he had the books – only that he used them to cheat. "These pattern books were not the kind that you would be able to use for practical purposes on the show," he says.

"One of the books was the most detailed pattern book you would ever see about menswear that had nothing to do with anything on the show. I brought it because I was working on my menswear line at the time. And the other was a dictionary of production terms."

As for what he did during his four-hour unauthorized leave from production, Michael tells Cohen, "All I did was I went to my boyfriend's apartment, found his spare key, found an e-mail from the executive producer and asked him to contact me. I don't know what to say – that's the deal."

Michael says that at least one Project Runway contestant is on his side: Fellow Brooklyn native Alison Kelly. "Alison is very supportive of me. She was very confused because she liked me very much. It seemed like the evidence against me was heavy and she didn't know what to feel."

"I think this whole thing is farfetched and crazy," he continues. "I have gotten so much fan e-mail from this whole thing. People want me to be the bad boy, but I am not that guy. … I thought I would win because of talent, but now I don't know who's to blame but I am not owning up to this."

Michael also addresses Internet rumors that the sketches he'd presented at his audition were in fact drawings from other designers' runway shows. The sketches, he says, were part of a trend report he'd presented to a client as an overview of the latest styles.

"I work for a lot of huge fashion companies and do trend reports for a lot of them and people pay me for that information to review what's going on in fashion," he says.

What's next for the designer? "I am focusing on getting a showroom to represent me," he says. "I need cash behind me to do what I want. Getting the funding that I need will hopefully let me show in September."

And he's confident he'll get the funding even without Project Runway's $100,000 prize. "I was hoping to win," he says. "But I will figure out another way of doing it. There's a few ways to skin a cat, right?"
Old 08-07-2006, 02:43 PM   #75
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
people.com

As for what he did during his four-hour unauthorized leave from production, Michael tells Cohen, "All I did was I went to my boyfriend's apartment, found his spare key, found an e-mail from the executive producer and asked him to contact me. I don't know what to say – that's the deal."

Maybe I'm not reading that right, but that makes no sense. Why was he going offsite just to find the producer's email address? Why not just ask someone, you know, ON THE SET.

Either that, or he's saying he snuck offsite and went online, and there was already an email for him from the exec producer ... as if he had read Keith's mind!

Maybe the email was about the books, but if the contestants don't have internet access, why would a producer contact a contestant via email?