project runway season three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kayne totally got his ass saved this week, and as wonderful as Alison's stuff has been, it was really bad tonight.

wasn't sure if Michael should have won -- i would have gone with Jeffrey or Laura (who, yes is one-noted, and, yes, was catty, but i seem to always agree with her).

my final three predictions: Michael, Uli, and Jeffrey.

Chiming in to agree that Laura's veering dangerously close into "bitch" category. Also, she needs to start wearing something other than those tops that expose her entire chest. Her wee breast almost fell out at the end when she was bitching about Vincent's dress. No one wants to see that.

I also had to snark a bit when her (admittedly very pretty) dress had that same open-chest design. Get a new look!

Why must I always come here before I see the show and ruin for myself :sad:

Sad to hear about Allison, she was one of my favorites. And maybe Keith was right, Laura is "bad mommy" :lol:

karmic_postmark said:

He came by for a little visit this afternoon. Jeff is the man. :D
danyelleJeff.jpg

is that you with him? if so, that is the most awesome thing ever and I'm insanely jealous :D

UGH. i HATED laura's dress. the little joke on the back was cute, yes, but the dress was so boring! I couldn't believe all the judges were drooling over it. I usually like her stuff too, but this one was just so bland.

I feel bad for Allison, especially since up to this point her stuff had been pretty good. Vincent, on the other hand, has been consistantly :huh:

I adored Jeff's dress. He should have won, imo. I'm hoping he'll win a challenge soon. But, Michael's was also very good.

Irvine, I agree with your predictions, though I think Kayne could make it in place of Jeffrey. He's usually very good, he just fucked it up this time. We'll have to see how he does on later challenges.

corianderstem said:
Chiming in to agree that Laura's veering dangerously close into "bitch" category. Also, she needs to start wearing something other than those tops that expose her entire chest. Her wee breast almost fell out at the end when she was bitching about Vincent's dress. No one wants to see that.
if it had fallen out, no one would've noticed :wink:

karmic_postmark said:
Yup, that's me with Jeff. The clothing company I work for is right next door to Jeff's. :D

Hahah, that is awesome. so I suppose you see him a lot then...lucky! :D

and to KhanadaRhodes - :lmao:

KhanadaRhodes said:

if it had fallen out, no one would've noticed :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: That was classic.

Kayne totally was saved...I do like him alot however. I have also loved Michael since he made the dress out of coffee filters on week one.

Just on a side note I feel like soooo many people love this show...it is a reality show that is not only watched by just me and my girlfriends...all our husbands have gotten into as well...Thanks Bravo:wink:

The reason why Michael won is because his was really the most wearable. This is a competition to win a mentorship with a mass-market sportswear company. While innovation does have it's importance, great construction, sewing skills and a market-friendly point of view are really the clenchers. Jeff does some great stuff but can you really see middle-aged upper-management types rushing to buy his stuff at Macy's?

There is a commercial element to this whole thing and I think Angela, Michael and Uli are going to make it very far because they've been making some great-looking clothes that have a wide appeal (evidenced by their individual wins), maybe Laura as well, but she definitely needs to watch her attitude.

well... time for a :bump:

I guess Robert was sent packing this week. He didn't really design that much in this episode - looks like he just asked her what she wanted, and made it... Oh well. And what was with all that tension between Jeffrey & Angela's mom :crazy: And what the hell did he make for her? I didn't like it at all. I was surprised that Vincent finally made something wearable and he won the challenge. Still liking Uli & Michael :up:

I feel like the challenge was a little unfair because like Micheal and two other people got people that were close to model size, while everyone else was working with bigger models. The designers that got the skinny models were at an advantage since the sizes were what they've been used to making.

I dunno about that whole thing between Jeff and Angela's mom. I kind of don't like either of them.

Vincent's outift was better than his others, but I wasn't drooling over it like the judges were. Seriously, sometimes I just completely disagree with them.

poor Robert. I liked him as a person, but as a designer he WAS boring.

vincent, angela, and laura need to leave next. if they end up being the top three instead I will not be happy.

yeah, liked Robert, but as a designer I wasn't "wowed". And I agree with you about the advantage Michael and a a couple of others had, but Uli still pulled it off, and she didn't have a more "model" sized model.

I caught the Project Runway team on the 2nd half of Larry King this evening :hmm:

agreed that Heidi Klum isn't from this planet. i encourage her and Seal to continue to populate the earth.

was sad for Robert, as he was actually very funny and had nice arms and i LOVED the t-shirt he was wearing -- "you look hotter online" -- but it probably was his time, though i thought Jeffrey's outfit was a piece of total crap and worse than Robert's, where at least he had a great color going for him and his client seemed happy.

agreed with those who say Michael and Uli are going far -- couldn't agree more. i think we've misunderestimated Angela, though i would hate for the final three to be, like, Michael and Angela and Jeffrey just so they can have two people who hate each other.

i really thought Uli should have won this challenge -- WHEN will she win, i demand to know -- and i think they gave it to Vincent in order to justify their keeping him on so long after all of the ungodlyl eyesores he's thrown out on the runway so far this season. his dress was an improvement, clearly, but i wonder if he isn't benefiting from low expectations.

I have watched this show a couple of times now and I just cannot get into it. Is it for real? I can't help but wonder what kind of reality TV show will they come up with next and when will they stop?

Wow - so the designers had to design for jetsetters, and then it turned out they were to design for themselves on this episode... What the hell were Kayne & Angela thinking? Kayne's was ridiculous, not to mention he can't model. But Angela? Jetsetter? It looked more "hick-ey" to me than anything... I liked Uli's but the panel weren't impressed, saying that's what she would normally wear/design. I liked it, and always liked her choice of patterns. Jeffrey's RNR outfit did look cool and fit him, so I'm alright with him winning the challenge. Must have been cool to fly first class to Paris though :drool: , but I did feel bad that someone was going to get cut as soon as he/she arrived... Oh well. And then there were 6...

omg I absolutely LOVED Jeff and Michael's outfits this time around. and Laura's was surprisingly good too.

Kayne's... I dunno, I didn't think it was as terrible as the judges did. it's not an outfit anyone could wear, but it's something he could pull off, I thought.

I'm glad Jeffrey finally won one and Angela is finally out - her outfit was TERRIBLE. I think the very basic design of the shirt and pants was fine, but everything about it sucked. and I hate those rosettes.

even though I'm a girl I would soooo wear Jeff's outfit. the skull and crossbones thing was awesomez

i thought Kayne was way, way worse than Angela. i thought Angela's looked like Angela, her kind of bo-ho dumpster chic thing, and that was cool, and it looked comfortable, and i actually like her little roses and i thought they were well placed on each of her ass cheeks.

kayne looked like an Elvis impersonator. he's beginning to grate on me, too, as there's a tackiness about him that i can't handle, he's so ... into sparkles and rhinestones and all this shit that i simply can't stand and his fucking belt :mad:

and i can't stand his name either. and i think he's really fake in the interviews.

but, anyway ... i was surprised, since if i were producing, i would have kept Angela around for the tension between her and Jeffrey, but maybe having her lose and then having Jeffrey both win the challenge and then laugh in her face is going to set him up for that much more of a fall later on, he's the Santino of this season. (whereas Laura is like Wendy Pepper, only she's not a total idiot).

and when, oh when, is Vincent going to get booted?

anyway, final 3 predictions:

1. Michael
2. Uli (i :heart: her)
3. Jeffrey

Yes, I think it will/should be Uli & Michael in the finals. Haven't decided who else. I'm with you in that I can't believe Vincent is still there. And I did like Kayne early on, but he's gone Robert on me and disappointed in each challenge. Not sure where Laura will finish in this. And yes, Angela's design was so Angela, and that's fine, but her design did not fit the challenge. Probably hard for her to "get" since she's not a jet-setter type and from a rural farm, which she told us repeatedly...:|

omg, I had never watched this show until last night...and I got sucked in! I watched like 4 episodes back to back. :reject:

It's damn addictive. lol.

Carek1230 said:
I have watched this show a couple of times now and I just cannot get into it. Is it for real? I can't help but wonder what kind of reality TV show will they come up with next and when will they stop?

Not sure what you mean ... yes, it's for real. I like this reality show because the contestants have talent, and they're actually required to use that talent to win. And when they win the whole kit and caboodle, they get to keep using that talent.

Good stuff. :up:

That being said, man is Jeff a prick.

Vincent needs to be gone. I'll take Kayne's tacky outfit and Angela's ugly one over his DULL, DULL, DULL, unimaginative, and oh, did I mention DULL outfit.

Dull!

Irvine511 said:

anyway, final 3 predictions:

1. Michael
2. Uli (i :heart: her)
3. Jeffrey

word

though I think Uli is going to have to do something without prints the next challenge to prove she can mix it up

I think Kayne and Laura have shots at the top three, but it's hard to say... Kayne is so hit and miss and Laura's stuff is all too similar, though her last dress was nice and somewhat different from her usual style.

i do NOT think Vincent will be in the top three. god, he'd better not be. I think he'll be next to go IF he does something really boring and/or ridiculous next challenge. but it could be anyone...except I think Michael's pretty safe unless he really completely fucks up. but I don't think that will happen.

I got sucked into watching this by my roommate's gf. I do like that it's actually based on talent and creating something artistic. And it seems to be the least catty and manipulative of the reality shows out there. Anyway:

Kayne needs to go. His last 3 have been really bad. Like "I'm trying to uphold the negative stereotype of a gay man" bad.

Vincent. Ugh, dude. A black tee and black slacks? That's the best you can come up with? It might not have looked as tacky as Kayne's or as frumpy as Angela's, but good lord, Mervyn's has bolder designs than that.

Jeff - he's got a unique style and loads of talent, but he's an ass.

i don't get how kayne can be in the bottom two and yet vincent is safe :shrug:

i like kayne's stuff, i dunno. the recycling challenge? i loved that painted skirt thing he made. maybe i've got a little bit of tacky over-the-top gay guy taste in me :shrug:

So I Tivo'd the latest episode and watched it last night. I have to admit, I was glad to see Angela leave...she annoyed the hell out of me. But I think Kayne was lucky he didn't get tossed because his Elvis outfit was :lol:

I :heart: Michael! How cool were those pants? :drool: I want to go buy some for my bf.

I honestly think Michael has got the best shot to win this thing, his ability to sit himself down for 15 minutes and dream up not only an appropriate but also stylish and professional outfit is a talent that is very unique to him. He realized from the beginning that searsucker would be the best material for the jetsetter outfit proved to me that he was one of the best in the group. Plus, Michael Knight is a sweet designer brand name!

Back
Top Bottom