project runway season three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bonos_Lemon said:
I was worried Robert would go because I think he's really funny and a great designer, so I'm glad it was the other lady. Bonnie, right? They never showed her soo...

not to mention he looks great in a wife-beater.

:D

anyway, no surprises, (though i did hate Robert's outfit, but i feel like his other stuff has been great), and Angela deservedly won. good for her. and i think Michael is going to slowly emerge as one of the best designers much like (as someone pointed out earlier) Daniel V. took a while to emerge.

corianderstem said:
Oh, and I was disappointed none of the judges rolled their eyes when Angela described her "Empire State Building" inspiration. This is the THIRD YEAR in a row that someone has done something inspired by the Empire State Building (Jay in season 1, Chloe last year).

Come up with new inspiration! :mad:

Jay's dress was inspired by the Chrysler Buildling.

i remember it being particularly impressive.

(don't remember about Chloe, though)

D'oh! You're right. I don't remember which one Chloe's was inspired by. Maybe it was the Chrysler building, too?

Oh well. :reject:

Irvine511 said:

not to mention he looks great in a wife-beater.

:D

anyway, no surprises, (though i did hate Robert's outfit, but i feel like his other stuff has been great), and Angela deservedly won. good for her. and i think Michael is going to slowly emerge as one of the best designers much like (as someone pointed out earlier) Daniel V. took a while to emerge.

:up: agree with entire post :D though I really liked Keith's group's outfit too... for some reason I really like Jeffrey. He came across as kind of a jerk at first but he doesn't seem quite as bad now.

Kinda sad to see Keith gone, but I can't say he didn't deserve it. What a dumbass :rolleyes:

and Bonnie...well I didn't know enough about her to care if she left :huh:

080306_prreapsew.jpg

wonder why Micheal Kors hasn't been there?!? Do love Vera however...seeing since she redifined the dress market!!

That reminds me of this episode of "The Simpsons" where Kent Brockman is trying to talk about a serious news piece and instead they keep showing footage of a baby goat drinking from a bottle. Gotta love live news.

people.com

The first-ever designer to be kicked off Bravo's Project Runway for breaking the rules has spoken out about his ouster – and he thinks he got a raw deal.

Brooklyn, N.Y., native Keith Michael, 34, was asked to leave because he had pattern-making books in his room – a violation of the contest's rules – and at one point had gone AWOL from the production.

The freelance designer tells Bravo senior vice president of production and programming Andy Cohen, who writes a blog on bravotv.com, "I am not the kind of person who can't admit when he's wrong. I feel like there was a lack of integrity on behalf of the production. I thought it was one-sided."

He doesn't deny he had the books – only that he used them to cheat. "These pattern books were not the kind that you would be able to use for practical purposes on the show," he says.

"One of the books was the most detailed pattern book you would ever see about menswear that had nothing to do with anything on the show. I brought it because I was working on my menswear line at the time. And the other was a dictionary of production terms."

As for what he did during his four-hour unauthorized leave from production, Michael tells Cohen, "All I did was I went to my boyfriend's apartment, found his spare key, found an e-mail from the executive producer and asked him to contact me. I don't know what to say – that's the deal."

Michael says that at least one Project Runway contestant is on his side: Fellow Brooklyn native Alison Kelly. "Alison is very supportive of me. She was very confused because she liked me very much. It seemed like the evidence against me was heavy and she didn't know what to feel."

"I think this whole thing is farfetched and crazy," he continues. "I have gotten so much fan e-mail from this whole thing. People want me to be the bad boy, but I am not that guy. … I thought I would win because of talent, but now I don't know who's to blame but I am not owning up to this."

Michael also addresses Internet rumors that the sketches he'd presented at his audition were in fact drawings from other designers' runway shows. The sketches, he says, were part of a trend report he'd presented to a client as an overview of the latest styles.

"I work for a lot of huge fashion companies and do trend reports for a lot of them and people pay me for that information to review what's going on in fashion," he says.

What's next for the designer? "I am focusing on getting a showroom to represent me," he says. "I need cash behind me to do what I want. Getting the funding that I need will hopefully let me show in September."

And he's confident he'll get the funding even without Project Runway's $100,000 prize. "I was hoping to win," he says. "But I will figure out another way of doing it. There's a few ways to skin a cat, right?"

MrsSpringsteen said:
people.com

As for what he did during his four-hour unauthorized leave from production, Michael tells Cohen, "All I did was I went to my boyfriend's apartment, found his spare key, found an e-mail from the executive producer and asked him to contact me. I don't know what to say – that's the deal."

Maybe I'm not reading that right, but that makes no sense. Why was he going offsite just to find the producer's email address? Why not just ask someone, you know, ON THE SET.

Either that, or he's saying he snuck offsite and went online, and there was already an email for him from the exec producer ... as if he had read Keith's mind!

Maybe the email was about the books, but if the contestants don't have internet access, why would a producer contact a contestant via email?

:confused:

I don't understand why he would e-mail a producer when it's against the rules to be online. That's like taking a drink in front of a rehab counselor.

I'm glad Keith is gone, I was so done with his smugness. And what's the deal with him talking with his eyes closed all the time? So obnoxious.

dsmith2904 said:

I'm glad Keith is gone, I was so done with his smugness. And what's the deal with him talking with his eyes closed all the time? So obnoxious.

Because his answers were written on the inside of his eyelids :wink:

Oh my God, Bradley's outfit

He didn't seem upset at all about being auf'ed, then again I don't think he's experienced a human emotion since the early 80's.

I think Michael is so impressive-he makes clothes so well, he's pleasant and even tempered, he's quite creative. I would never wear that outfit but that's not the point, he just completed the goal of the task so well but the outfit was still lovely. I was so surprised at Angela's too, well done. Vincent's was heinous :yuck:

Both Bradley and Vincent's ideas were awful. Vincent has to be the next to go.

Is it just me or is Bravo's project runway website slow as hell. No matter what computer I'm on it always seems to freeze up on me or take forever to load. :huh:

WildHoneyAlways said:
Both Bradley and Vincent's ideas were awful. Vincent has to be the next to go.

They were both horrible. Bradley didn't even know a thing about Cher :shocked: And then he made that alien top or whatever you want to call it. WTF? :yuck: I wasn't feeling the Twiggy dress either.

I liked the challenge, and think most of them did pretty well. :up:

MrsSpringsteen said:
Oh my God, Bradley's outfit

He didn't seem upset at all about being auf'ed, then again I don't think he's experienced a human emotion since the early 80's.

:lmao:

I don't get Bradley...like I'm sorry but he didnt seem like he should have been there at all. he always seemed so clueless.

Personally I liked Kayne's outfit the best, but I'm glad Michael finally won a challenge.

Vincent will go next. Angela seems capable of redeeming herself, though I didn't like her outfit as much as the judges did. I really don't get those little...things she makes.

i loved the Katherine Hepburn outfit -- thought it was a perfect updating, and i was glad Michael won.

it was totally Bradley's time.

i hope they keep Robert around. and in tank tops.

I was so happy to get my cable up and running just in time to watch PR this week :D

me = PR nerd

I still can't believe Keith's arrogance. He was caught red-handed with books that were CLEARLY against the rules. I've got to hand it to Kayne, though... he seemed really torn about his decision to turn Keith in. I was shocked to hear, though, that Keith had done other "illegal" things too!

And I've liked Michael's designs from the beginning. That outfit he designed could not be worn by just anyone... but that was the point, no? It was designed for Pam Grier perfectly!

I thought it was interesting that they gave the models so much control this week. The designers kind of freaked out about that! lol

I didn't like Angela the first few episodes but I think she's really listening to what the judges have to say and her outfits get better and better each week. After watching PR and ANTM for a few seasons, the best way to impress the judges is to show that you're taking their advice seriously and Angela definitely seems to have picked up on that.

I didn't really mind Vincent's outfit, aside from the pockets.

I mentioned this before but have it give it another shout out, check out the Bravo blogs. This is from PR executive producer Andy's blog:

World of Wonder honcho Randy Barbato emailed me the other night to tell me I'd been too harsh on Jessica Simpson's new song in my Monday blog. He told me to give it another chance. I told him that I will never give her another chance. She is everything that's wrong with the world. I told him I have to stand for something. I hate her. My parents taught me not to hate anybody so I am going to revise that and say that I can't stand the sight of her stupid blank face.

If I wasn't at work, it would be on the floor laughing. So great to see someone in the entertainment business calling a spade a spade (or a no-talent hag a no-talent hag). If only more people had the guts to say a song or film or whatever is bad and not just play nice, maybe we'd have better quality entertainment and all these industries wouldn't be floundering.

AtomicBono said:

for some reason I really like Jeffrey. He came across as kind of a jerk at first but he doesn't seem quite as bad now.

Jeff Rocks :whistle:

He came by for a little visit this afternoon. Jeff is the man. :D
danyelleJeff.jpg

yeah, laura ticked me off. and as much as i like her dresses, she's starting to seem rather one note-ish, like jeff said.

and yeah allison's outfit sucked, but i don't get why they say every week vincent is over the top but he keeps getting saved.

Seems like Vincent has been in the bottom most times. I think he should have gone home, if you include any of the past work done by the designers. I think that's partially why Kayne was saved.. I felt bad for Alison. I would have preferred Vincent to have gotten the boot.

And what was with all the remarks from Laura tonite :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom