Programs that will seperate song tracks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
i'm listening to a u2 bootleg i downloaded from someone, and the problem is that this show is just one long mp3. i know some people think that's the way you should have shit recorded for concert bootlegs - it preserves the continuity. but is there anyway i can divide this up? i want to stick bono's rambling crap at the end of some song so i can skip over it to get to the next song without having to sit through it (or bother with fastforward. i'm lazy). or maybe just cut it out all together.

bear in mind that my computer skills are lacking...is there something i can use that will let me cut up the file into sections?

you could go to download.com and look for 'audio editors'

i think what i'd do would be to get such a programme (yeah i'm a big help) then cut and copy each track into new files

IWasBored said:
i want to stick bono's rambling crap at the end of some song so i can skip over it to get to the next song without having to sit through it

You know you're going to go to hell for that, don't you? :wink:

Re: Re: Programs that will seperate song tracks

indra said:

You know you're going to go to hell for that, don't you? :wink:

:lol:

and probably soon...the second word gets out that i said this, i'll be attacked by an army of rabid plebans! shhhhhhhh....

i'll try that, yertle :up:

this audacity programm is a bit complex , but it's free and once you'll learn how to use it , forget about record stores

:wink:

Re: Re: Re: Programs that will seperate song tracks

IWasBored said:

:lol:

and probably soon...the second word gets out that i said this, i'll be attacked by an army of rabid plebans! shhhhhhhh....

i'll try that, yertle :up:

stop picking on plebans, you dirty rotten hippy!!!
oh, you're not a hippy...but anyway! and you call yourself a fan!!!
:tsk:

i want to make a continuous long loop solely of bono's warbling, ranting, wanking on, brown-nosing, narcissicism (i know i invented a word, bare with me), posturing, posing and crowd pleasing, and im going to send it to you kimmy. i will. im going to sit outside your room with the lawnmower man and the garbage guys and im going to teach you a bloody lesson!!!!!!
:grumpy:

Goldwave has done it for me. VERY easy to use. Make sure your PC can handle opening such a large file though!

Split Daft Punk's "ALIVE 1997" album (one 45 minute continuous 'track' but GOLD nevertheless) for easy listening into around 7-8 tracks...when my CD burner kept putting silence between the tracks I just reverted to the single track. :p

blahblahblah said:
Split Daft Punk's "ALIVE 1997" album (one 45 minute continuous 'track' but GOLD nevertheless) for easy listening into around 7-8 tracks...when my CD burner kept putting silence between the tracks I just reverted to the single track. :p

Check to see if your burner program has a "disc at once" option. This allows you to eliminate the little section of silence between tracks, yet still have the tracks split. Worth a try.

WinnieThePoo said:

that's what i ended up downloading :up: it can't be that hard to use if i managed to do it.

i have cdex, but i couldn't figure out how to have it divide up the tracks without them already being on a cd. and the file was too long for me to burn to a cd and do it that way.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Programs that will seperate song tracks

Angela Harlem said:

stop picking on plebans, you dirty rotten hippy!!!
oh, you're not a hippy...but anyway! and you call yourself a fan!!!
:tsk:

i want to make a continuous long loop solely of bono's warbling, ranting, wanking on, brown-nosing, narcissicism (i know i invented a word, bare with me), posturing, posing and crowd pleasing, and im going to send it to you kimmy. i will. im going to sit outside your room with the lawnmower man and the garbage guys and im going to teach you a bloody lesson!!!!!!
:grumpy:

:lmao:

also look up mp3direct cut it does it without having to rerender the file and lose quality.. it's a bit odd of an interface though

IWasBored said:
i want to stick bono's rambling crap at the end of some song so i can skip over it to get to the next song without having to sit through it

I just snorted my Sunkist. :lmao: :heart:

Poor Bono. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom