Prog Island Album Game: Semifinal, Heat 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote!

• phanan

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • liamcool

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LemonMacPhisto said:

It sucks not being able to use any of the songs from the first 2 contests though. :|

Not really. :wink:

Originally posted by Screwtape2
Like LMP said it is a standard Desert Island Game however there is much more emphasis on making something artistic or creative.

:uhoh: I was sort of really toying with the idea and then I read that and now its more of a contemplation. I think if I do it my playlist may lack a fair bit of cohesion because I don't quite have the patience to test it all out.

:nerd:

Can I ask, it seems as if there may very well be a LOt of entries in this comp, are they all going to be included, or what happens? Same rules as the first one?

Oh, and I also love the fact that this round has been the most participated in so far by reply-wise, but 70% of it has been for the next game. :wink:

No specifics, but here's what you have to look forward to in mine:

• Classic 60's pop songs
  • Indietastic folk rock
  • 70's jazz rock
  • Fuzzy 90's indie rock
  • And nothing by Muse or Nirvana :up:

COBL_04 said:

:uhoh: I was sort of really toying with the idea and then I read that and now its more of a contemplation. I think if I do it my playlist may lack a fair bit of cohesion because I don't quite have the patience to test it all out.

:nerd:

Can I ask, it seems as if there may very well be a LOt of entries in this comp, are they all going to be included, or what happens? Same rules as the first one?

When the sign-up sheet reaches 16 contestants (the number we are using for this next game) no more people will be able to join. If you are here within a few hours of the thread going up, you should be okay. If you're not one of the 16...sorry. :(

Stuff like the emphasis on creativity and art will hopefully weed the number down to those who can actually participate. Hopefully, people make sure they have the time to make something like that. :)

LemonMelon said:
No specifics, but here's what you have to look forward to in mine:

• Classic 60's pop songs
  • Indietastic folk rock
  • 70's jazz rock
  • Fuzzy 90's indie rock
  • And nothing by Muse or Nirvana :up:

Sounds good, man. :up:

I wanted to include Muse in mine, but it just didn't fit.

I'm in love with the entire 2nd half of my playlist, I'm trying to tweak the first half though.

Screwtape2 said:

When the sign-up sheet reaches 16 contestants (the number we are using for this next game) no more people will be able to join. If you are here within a few hours of the thread going up, you should be okay. If you're not one of the 16...sorry. :(

Stuff like the emphasis on creativity and art will hopefully weed the number down to those who can actually participate. Hopefully, people make sure they have the time to make something like that. :)

We'll see...

Screwtape2 said:
Like I said, it should be a classic. I just really hope more people vote because 10 and 9 overall votes for semi-finals is sad. :(

I'm up for only doing only a 24 hour final and 3rd place game. I just want to start the next game. :wink:

Axver had mentioned, and I agree, that we can just skip the 3rd place game for this competition, as it only involves a few of us. This way, I'll start the final later today and have it go for 48 hours. It will end Saturday morning EST, and then Axver will return within a day or two of that and start the sign-up thread.

As for the number of votes, we could have several people who voted away from the forum this week if they are in the U.S. Quite a few people take time off around the 4th and sometimes they don't bother going on a computer during that time.

I think that the number of votes in the third round prove this. I also think having more than one heat run at the same time has worked well and should continue. It will makes things go faster and keep people interested.

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:

I'm in love with the entire 2nd half of my playlist, I'm trying to tweak the first half though.

I've been playing around with different ideas for my playlist - still trying to come up with something I like.

Although Muse will be making an appearance on mine this time.

Hopefully my Mac will be up and running before it starts so I'm able to upload everything.

Plug in Baby and Endlessly are the two Muse possibilities for my playlist, especially Plug in Baby.

LemonMacPhisto said:

LMP - You better like your list, because it will be the only songs you hear for the rest of your life. :ohmy:

Unless of course you find a large piece of an outhouse manufactured in bakersfield, and construct a working raft using it as a sail (a la Tom Hanks) :wink: And don't forget Wilson! :lol:

:reject: I'm really nervous about not getting a spot...

Why must Axver be in such a strange time zone? :mad: If he makes that thread anytime between 3 and 10 AM, I'm out of luck. :angry:

LemonMelon said:
:reject: I'm really nervous about not getting a spot...

Why must Axver be in such a strange time zone? :mad: If he makes that thread anytime between 3 and 10 AM, I'm out of luck. :angry:

It will take three to four hours for the list to fill up because I think people will read the rules and have to think about it. Making a simple playlist isn't that difficult but making something artistic and creative as well as having to upload it could force many to really pause and consider. If you login by 11 AM EST you'll probably be okay. :)

Screwtape2 said:

It will take three to four hours for the list to fill up because I think people will read the rules and have to think about it. Making a simple playlist isn't that difficult but making something artistic and creative as well as having to upload it could force many to really pause and consider. If you login by 11 AM EST you'll probably be okay. :)

Perhaps I'll get up a bit earlier this week (maybe nine or so) so I can keep a look out. Hardly anyone is on between 3 and 7 anyway, so I should be alright if I do that.

My list is in a folder, ID3 tagged, and ready to go, with a list accompanying it containing the whole template for the entry itself (EG: Beatles - "She Loves You" - Past Masters Vol. I) It just needs to be uploaded now.

LemonMelon said:

Perhaps I'll get up a bit earlier this week (maybe nine or so) so I can keep a look out. Hardly anyone is on between 3 and 7 anyway, so I should be alright if I do that.

My list is in a folder, ID3 tagged, and ready to go, with a list accompanying it containing the whole template for the entry itself (EG: Beatles - "She Loves You" - Past Masters Vol. I) It just needs to be uploaded now.

Getting up early is probably a good idea for everyone.

It seems a lot of playlists are pretty far along. Maybe we could start the game two weeks after the sign-up thread goes up? :hmm:

Screwtape2 said:

Getting up early is probably a good idea for everyone.

It seems a lot of playlists are pretty far along. Maybe we could start the game two weeks after the sign-up thread goes up? :hmm:

Two weeks? Fine with me. The sooner the better. I can't wait to reveal my list in its entirety. I think it has a good shot at being considered the most "fun" list, if nothing else.

Quick question:

At the end of "Debra" by Beck, there's a 7 minute blank spot of nothing followed by a short hidden instrumental. Would it be OK if I cut that out? That track ends my first CD, so I'm not cutting it for a segue...it just seems incredibly unnecessary. :slant:

LemonMelon said:

Two weeks? Fine with me. The sooner the better. I can't wait to reveal my list in its entirety. I think it has a good shot at being considered the most "fun" list, if nothing else.

Quick question:

At the end of "Debra" by Beck, there's a 7 minute blank spot of nothing followed by a short hidden instrumental. Would it be OK if I cut that out? That track ends my first CD, so I'm not cutting it for a segue...it just seems incredibly unnecessary. :slant:

I'm really going to push for two weeks.

Unfortunately, you can't alter the track. If you can find an official version where there is no hidden track then you can use that. If not, sorry. :(

If it's a hidden bonus track, it was ok to remove it.

For Axver's prog list, he had Transatlantic at the end but removed the hidden bonus track that followed, even though it was technically part of the track. I believe we had agreed previously that it was ok to do this, which was why Axver went ahead and did it.

We can consult with Axver further upon his return, but I'm quite positive in a situation like that, it was ok to cut it at the end of the song, as long as there was no editing to the song itself.

Son of a bitch. :mad:

At least it's 5 1/2 minutes long, so I have a lot of time to fill, and I have nothing by Spoon or White Stripes on the list. :hmm:

But yeah, let's wait for Axver's word.

Screwtape2 said:
LemonMelon, is the hidden track on every version of the album?

Actually, according to AllMusicGuide, it's not. The American version is listed as 13:48, and the Japanese version (with an actual, separate bonus track following), is listed as 5:42.

LemonMelon said:

Actually, according to AllMusicGuide, it's not. The American version is listed as 13:48, and the Japanese version (with an actual, separate bonus track following), is listed as 5:42.

Then make the track 5:42 and list it as the Japanese version. :wink:

By the way, I suggest that everyone upload thier stuff using media :happy: fire.com. It is fast and everything stays up forever.

Screwtape2 said:

Then make the track 5:42 and list it as the Japanese version. :wink:

By the way, I suggest that everyone upload thier stuff using media :happy: fire.com. It is fast and everything stays up forever.

:drool: I'll do you one better. It's currently 5:43. :wink:

Mediafire...hmm...never tried it. :hmm: But I will.

pictureiv1.jpg

Fantastic. Now all I have to do is wait. :)

Back
Top Bottom