Prog Island Album Game: Round 1, Heat 2 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
View Poll Results: Which tracklist do you prefer?
liamcool's tracklist 8 61.54%
The Supertracklist 5 38.46%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2007, 09:51 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 05:33 PM
Originally posted by phanan
So overall, I quite liked the Supertracklist. However, it will most likely be hard to beat Liam's set, because I love the songs that I know on there already (well, except Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast, which I never have liked). Unless I can't stand the others, he's probably going to get my vote.
Well, I've listened to Liam's playlist, and of course I liked most of the songs I already knew, but for the ones I wasn't familiar with, I didn't really get into them too much. I've never really liked Iron Maiden or Frank Zappa, and while I do like some Phish, I don't consider them a regular artist that I listen to.

However, I loved the inclusion of Tubular Bells. I seriously considered some portion of it for my own list, but with Kraftwerk and Tangerine Dream already on mine, I left it off.

I also thought LP 4 was by far and away the best of the four sides. With the exception of the Zappa track, every other song on there is fantastic (well, I'll give the Marillion song a "good" actually). But definitely my favorite side.

I thought the sequencing for LP 1 was a bit jarring, but otherwise liked it (with the exception of the second Marillion track on there - just didn't care for it).

LP 3 was the part I liked the least. The only song in that section that is really good, to me anyway, is Vital Signs by Rush.

Seeing as how my vote is probably not going to change things at this point, as this poll closes in a couple of hours, I'm actually going to give the Supertracklist another vote. While I found that playlist to be uneven at times, I ended up enjoying more songs on there that I didn't previously know, and that was the difference for me.