Prog Island Album Game: FINAL - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Please vote for the Prog Island Winner!
phanan 5 23.81%
GibsonGirl 16 76.19%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-06-2007, 11:51 PM   #121
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:38 AM
When have I lied to you?

Old 07-06-2007, 11:56 PM   #122
The Male

Local Time: 05:38 AM
Not yet.

Judging from what I've heard so far, I think that both of us are going to do very well in this competition. If we don't, the system is flawed.

Now.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:59 PM   #123
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Definitely.

I'll finish listening to yours tonight and report back tomorrow, cap'n.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:02 AM   #124
The Male

Very good. I'll do the same.

And, of course, I'll find some time in my extremely hectic summertime schedule to give Screwtape's a listen.

Now.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:45 PM   #125
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

The only song on the 2nd disc I didn't like was the My Bloody Valentine song, everything else was gold, Jerry. Gold!
Old 07-07-2007, 03:59 PM   #126
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto
The only song on the 2nd disc I didn't like was the My Bloody Valentine song, everything else was gold, Jerry. Gold!
I guess that one is just a matter of taste. You either love or hate MBV. I just thought it fit well between I Was A Lover and Casimir Pulaski Day.

No comment on your list until I completely finish it.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:02 PM   #127
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

It was a good fit between those two songs, I just didn't like it that much.

Cool
Old 07-07-2007, 08:35 PM   #128
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:38 AM
Holy crap I've got a lot to catch up on. Remind me to never go anywhere without much Internet access for nine days ever again.

Desert Island sign-up thread will be soonish. I tested my tracklist in New Zealand and it worked perfectly. Obscure as hell for the most part though!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-07-2007, 09:32 PM   #129
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Holy crap I've got a lot to catch up on. Remind me to never go anywhere without much Internet access for nine days ever again.

Desert Island sign-up thread will be soonish. I tested my tracklist in New Zealand and it worked perfectly. Obscure as hell for the most part though!
Welcome back Axver!

You really have missed a lot. Three playlists are already finished. I can't wait to hear yours. By the way, check your e-mail.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:33 PM   #130
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Obscure and prog-tastic?

Glad you're back.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:04 PM   #131
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto
Obscure and prog-tastic?
Actually, it's not as prog as you'd expect from me. However, that's due to its original theme.

The album has now evolved into something insanely complex. There is an overall purpose, a broad theme, a multi-faceted concept with a vague "ending", and more. I never quite intended for it to be that way, but everything fell into place so incredibly perfectly.

One section of the tracklist is a tribute to my hometown. I was there yesterday for the first time in over five years. I listened to the tracklist as I left on the train, and as it climbed up Paekakariki Hill and I caught my last glimpse of Kapiti Island glistening in the sunset, Neil Finn sung "do you climb into space, to the world where you live?" It was perfect. Then I listened to The Edge's Rowena's Theme as we pulled out of Muri station and I realised I may not see the Kapiti Coast again for a long time. It was even more perfect. At that point, I was convinced that my tracklist is the best I've made and shouldn't be altered.

Listening to the bleaker portion this morning on the plane over the Tasman in the 6am dark, with just a faint hint of dawn on the horizon, was an incredible experience. REM's Feeling Gravity's Pull as we flew over and away from the blackened Cook Strait was fucking creepy.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-07-2007, 10:10 PM   #132
Vocal parasite

OK, I'm looking at doing the Desert Island III thread, but I want to know who's definitely in already so I can reserve spots. THIS IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE ALREADY IN AND NOT FOR NEW SIGNUPS!

I already have myself, phanan, Screwtape, GG, and LMP. Anyone else?

And for the record, the time limit will be 160 minutes and there will be 20 contestants.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-07-2007, 10:15 PM   #133
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:38 AM
I haven't checked this thread in a while. I didn't expect to win by so much. Phanan's playlist is incredible. I honestly expected it would be much closer.

Thanks to everyone who voted, and thanks to everyone who organised the competition!
Old 07-07-2007, 10:19 PM   #134
The Male

Quote:
OK, I'm looking at doing the Desert Island III thread, but I want to know who's definitely in already so I can reserve spots. THIS IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE ALREADY IN AND NOT FOR NEW SIGNUPS!

I already have myself, phanan, Screwtape, GG, and LMP. Anyone else?

And for the record, the time limit will be 160 minutes and there will be 20 contestants.
Me too. I sent my entry to Screwtape already.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:21 PM   #135
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Actually, it's not as prog as you'd expect from me. However, that's due to its original theme.

The album has now evolved into something insanely complex. There is an overall purpose, a broad theme, a multi-faceted concept with a vague "ending", and more. I never quite intended for it to be that way, but everything fell into place so incredibly perfectly.

One section of the tracklist is a tribute to my hometown. I was there yesterday for the first time in over five years. I listened to the tracklist as I left on the train, and as it climbed up Paekakariki Hill and I caught my last glimpse of Kapiti Island glistening in the sunset, Neil Finn sung "do you climb into space, to the world where you live?" It was perfect. Then I listened to The Edge's Rowena's Theme as we pulled out of Muri station and I realised I may not see the Kapiti Coast again for a long time. It was even more perfect. At that point, I was convinced that my tracklist is the best I've made and shouldn't be altered.

Listening to the bleaker portion this morning on the plane over the Tasman in the 6am dark, with just a faint hint of dawn on the horizon, was an incredible experience. REM's Feeling Gravity's Pull as we flew over and away from the blackened Cook Strait was fucking creepy.
Sounds fantastic.

Tags
desert island