Prog Island Album Game: FINAL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for the Prog Island Winner!

• phanan

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • GibsonGirl

Votes: 16 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Willem Dafoe absolutely kills me.

He's a great dramatic and comedic actor, plus he's one of the ugliest people I have ever seen, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Interference likes eating my posts.

In response to me getting into the semis, yeah, I am really suprised at that.

For this poll, I'll vote for GibsonGirl, because I think it's really well structured and just generally great.

And Screwtape, did you know my list was made in less than ten minutes?

I think with the groups we should have one with only newcomers or people who didn’t go very far in the previous games. Then we can determine who is in each of the other three groups by a seeding according to how a person finished in the last game.

For example (suggesting these people had spots)...

LMP=Group 1 U2VF=Group 2 Axver=Group 3

Then we would take the next highest finishers and seed the highest in Group 3 and the lowest in Group 1.

Bono’s Shades =Group 1 XHendrix24=Group 2 Lancemc=Group 3

Then the next three...

LJT=Group 1 Screwtape=Group 2 Gibsongirl=Group 3

Then the final three...

Lara Mullen=Group 1 Bono_man2002= Group 2 FitzChivalry=Group 3

Group 1-LMP, Bono’s Shades, LJT, Lara Mullen
Group 2-U2VF, XHendrix, Screwtape, Bono-man2002
Group 3-Axver, Lancemc, Gibsongirl, FitzChivalry
Group 4- Newcomers…

Top 2 from each group advance to quarterfinals.

Would anyone object to that?

I like that. It at least guarantees a shot of someone new winning. :up:

Screwtape2 said:

:lol: Contrats GG.

How is it that when I played Phanan and GG it was decided by a single vote but when they play each other it is an utter blowout? :lmao:

I have no idea. I didn't think I could beat GG, but I didn't think I'd get killed as badly as I have. Oh well.

I've been thinking about Desert Island III lately, and now I'm having second thoughts about a couple of things.

1. We had decided to lower the amount of people to 16 so the game wouldn't take forever, but I'm wondering if that's really necessary now. The reason I say this is because towards the end of Prog Island, I started running more than one heat simultaneously, and it seemed to work very well. The game moved MUCH faster that way. By doing all heats for a round at the same time, it would eliminate the need to reduce the amount of people involved. You could probably do four groups of 6 really quickly that way.

2. There was some discussion that we should increase the time from 160 minutes to 240 minutes, like with Prog Island. Initially I thought 240 minutes might be overkill, but now I'm wondering if the increase time would be better. Imagine the possibilities of stretching out for a playlist like that.

But then I think nobody would have enough time to listen to everything, especially if we increased the number of people involved.

I'm just throwing this out there for people to comment on. I know Axver was definitely in favor of 240 minutes, but the majority had overruled him. Has anyone else changed their minds on that one? And what do you think about the number of people involved if we run heats simultaneously? Feedback please!

Screwtape2 said:

Yeah, I was also thinking that it might lead to a lot more tight matches. Looking at those example groups, each match in group 3 would be really tight. Could you imagine a group with Lancemc, Fitz, Axver and GG? :drool:

What about IMPy? :wink:

Keep the playlist length as it is, because it was daunting to listen to 240 minutes of prog, at least for me. Imagine listening to 15 other people's 240 minute lists. Yeah, that'd be rough.

I do like the increase in competitors if the heats run at the same time though. :up:

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:
Willem Dafoe absolutely kills me.

He's a great dramatic and comedic actor, plus he's one of the ugliest people I have ever seen, not that there's anything wrong with that.

I love in Spiderman when he's just sitting up in his room laughing his ass off as the Goblin, and Harry walks in and hears him laughing like that. Just sitting upstairs laughing. That kills me.

phillyfan26 said:

I love in Spiderman when he's just sitting up in his room laughing his ass off as the Goblin, and Harry walks in and hears him laughing like that. Just sitting upstairs laughing. That kills me.

That's the apex of his comedy. Then I remember he was in that awful Nosferatu remake and laugh some more.

45799978xl7.jpg

"VHY DID YOU TAKE ZE BEER OF ZE FRIDGE?!"

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:

What about IMPy? :wink:

Keep the playlist length as it is, because it was daunting to listen to 240 minutes of prog, at least for me. Imagine listening to 15 other people's 240 minute lists. Yeah, that'd be rough.

I do like the increase in competitors if the heats run at the same time though. :up:

LMP, I'm downloading your playlist now. If the rest of the playlists are anything like ours this game will be the pinnacle of awesome. :drool:

I really hope IMP gets in the game. His playlist was so good last time.

I think the original 240 minute limit is best. As for the number of contestants, I feel that 4 groups of 4 is perfect.

I suppose it has to be thrown out there so maybe 4 groups of 5. It would allow 20 total people but it would extend the length of the tournament. I'm not in favor of it but I suppose if the interest is great enough it is something to consider. My fear is that as we add more playlists that the chance of mediocre matchups rises.

I had so much fun tinkering with photoshop making my playlist title picture. :drool:

16-20 people is the perfect amount.

You know how I feel about the time limits...240 is an impossible task to really listen to and it'll weigh things down.

I'll be upping my playlist in just a minute, which means you'll get my playlist sometime later this evening, Screwtape.

Yes, I will. :) You will enjoy it quite a bit, I believe.

Media*Fire is working great so far...I like being able to see the uploading progress in front of me.

LemonMelon said:
You know how I feel about the time limits...240 is an impossible task to really listen to and it'll weigh things down.

I'll be upping my playlist in just a minute, which means you'll get my playlist sometime later this evening, Screwtape.

Oops, I meant to say the original 160 limit. :wink: 240 minutes is just impossible. I've actually cut down my prog entry to 160 minutes and it works so much better that way.

LemonMelon said:
Yes, I will. :) You will enjoy it quite a bit, I believe.

Media*Fire is working great so far...I like being able to see the uploading progress in front of me.

I'll send you mine after you send me yours, if you like.

Mediafire is the shit. :up:

Screwtape2 said:
I suppose it has to be thrown out there so maybe 4 groups of 5. It would allow 20 total people but it would extend the length of the tournament. I'm not in favor of it but I suppose if the interest is great enough it is something to consider. My fear is that as we add more playlists that the chance of mediocre matchups rises.

You see, I don't think it would really extend the length of the tournament if I run the heats for each round all at once. I think a total of 20 people might work well - 5 to a group, 4 groups total.

Because I think with the interest we're getting so far, it will be hard to keep this to 16. 20 would work better.

Sounds like the majority prefer the standard 160 minute length, which is fine.

phanan said:

You see, I don't think it would really extend the length of the tournament if I run the heats for each round all at once. I think a total of 20 people might work well - 5 to a group, 4 groups total.

Because I think with the interest we're getting so far, it will be hard to keep this to 16. 20 would work better.

Sounds like the majority prefer the standard 160 minute length, which is fine.

I think if the interest is really there we could extend it to 20. It would be nice to have each playlist to get 4 opportunities to make those top two spots.

LemonMelon said:

whp555444@yahoo.com

Can't wait. Your lists are always badass. :wink:

LemonMelon, I sent my playlist to the achtungbaby05@yahoo.com account. :wave:

phanan said:
Works for me.

I can't believe you all have your Desert Island III playlists already done! At least you're getting a head start.

I had one almost finished after the 2nd tourney. :wink:

My list, while still in its infancy, is going to be far different from not only my Prog entry, but my last Desert Island as well. I'm going to go in a totally different direction...

Yours was one of my favorites last time, I'm looking forward to the next one. :up:

phanan said:
My list, while still in its infancy, is going to be far different from not only my Prog entry, but my last Desert Island as well. I'm going to go in a totally different direction...

There seems to be an exciting pattern that's forming. :hyper:

I think most if not all of the playlists will be really unique and departures from each contestant's last. :up:

Back
Top Bottom