Pringle, Texas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck. We also need to work out Paris plans ...

GG2 is booking our flights later today, and the flight we're going to do is this one GG2 posted earlier: 14,99 271,99 Amsterdam 14:45 do 23 jul Dublin 15:20 do 23 jul EI607

Oooh, that would be awesome if you could catch leg 2!

By the way, I'm going to maintain a file of who's bought what and how much money all of us owe each other. Can you e-mail me exactly how much you paid for Amsterdam II GAs? GG2 will use the 1 GA she bought for herself, and the four you got can be split between you and your wife, Alison, and me.

Great, I'm booking my flight now. This will be a fun trip. I've always wanted to go to Dublin (I was supposed to go last May to see Radiohead and had to cancel a few weeks before the concert).

The tickets were 55 euros plus 5.50 euros of fees each (for some reason, the site gave me e-tickets rather than mailing them, but at least it's less expensive this way). Soy 60.50 per ticket.

I was going to book a seat but you have to pay for it... so I guess I'll wait for checkin and we can try to find close seats!

Great, I'm booking my flight now. This will be a fun trip. I've always wanted to go to Dublin (I was supposed to go last May to see Radiohead and had to cancel a few weeks before the concert).

The tickets were 55 euros plus 5.50 euros of fees each (for some reason, the site gave me e-tickets rather than mailing them, but at least it's less expensive this way). Soy 60.50 per ticket.

Ah, awesome! Hope you get some time to look around the city too. That's why we're staying - so that we've time to see Dublin and other parts of Ireland.

Oh yeah, the perils of one way. We got cheaper prices thanks to flying return. Also, I looked up flights from Zurich to Amsterdam, to make travelling from Liechtenstein to Holland quicker, and I was stunned by how expensive they are! Looks like we'll take the longer train option.

I was going to book a seat but you have to pay for it... so I guess I'll wait for checkin and we can try to find close seats!

Ahh, OK. At least it's not a long flight if we do end up in different parts of the plane.

Ah, awesome! Hope you get some time to look around the city too. That's why we're staying - so that we've time to see Dublin and other parts of Ireland.
I definitely want to, so let's hope I find some days after the second concert!

Oh yeah, the perils of one way. We got cheaper prices thanks to flying return. Also, I looked up flights from Zurich to Amsterdam, to make travelling from Liechtenstein to Holland quicker, and I was stunned by how expensive they are! Looks like we'll take the longer train option.

Ah, sorry, I was referring to the concert tickets! The flight was a bit more expensive - 75 euros or so.

For your flight to Amsterdam, you may want to consider Basel-Amsterdam, though I'm not sure if it's very practical. Just checked and the ticket is 53 Swiss francs plus taxes.

I definitely want to, so let's hope I find some days after the second concert!

Ah, sorry, I was referring to the concert tickets! The flight was a bit more expensive - 75 euros or so.

For your flight to Amsterdam, you may want to consider Basel-Amsterdam, though I'm not sure if it's very practical. Just checked and the ticket is 53 Swiss francs plus taxes.

Yeah, for sure! By the way, I signed up with U2.com, so I have a presale code now, and we might get Shepp Daniel's too, since he's not doing the tour now.

Ooh, my reading comprehension has gone to hell tonight, it seems.

If we do a train, we can travel from Zurich to Amsterdam on a rail pass, so it would probably be cost effective ... it'd just be a 9.5 hour trip in total from Liechtenstein to Holland! I was specifically looking at Zurich because I read it has a railway station; didn't look up Basel.

Edit: And the fee's per concert ticket? Lame! Here, Ticketek just has a flat fee, no matter how many tickets you buy, so $6.95 becomes quite cheap if three or four people are going. But Ticketmaster charges something like $7.95 per individual ticket and I fucking hate it. Luckily, I seem to mostly go to Ticketek events, or to small concerts at independent venues that only charge $2-3.

Yeah, for sure! By the way, I signed up with U2.com, so I have a presale code now, and we might get Shepp Daniel's too, since he's not doing the tour now.

Ooh, my reading comprehension has gone to hell tonight, it seems.

If we do a train, we can travel from Zurich to Amsterdam on a rail pass, so it would probably be cost effective ... it'd just be a 9.5 hour trip in total from Liechtenstein to Holland! I was specifically looking at Zurich because I read it has a railway station; didn't look up Basel.

That's great! We need to talk about Paris ticket (Vazza also wants tickets - we had made plans about getting them together at the ticket store).

Actually it's my written expression that is terrible!

That's actually a quick trip, I thought it would take much longer. Basel definitely has a large railway station as well, but it's not as close to Liechtestein.

I need to go grab so food (lunch is ready!), will be back in a few minutes!

That's great! We need to talk about Paris ticket (Vazza also wants tickets - we had made plans about getting them together at the ticket store).

Actually it's my written expression that is terrible!

That's actually a quick trip, I thought it would take much longer. Basel definitely has a large railway station as well, but it's not as close to Liechtestein.

I need to go grab so food (lunch is ready!), will be back in a few minutes!

If I get into the Paris presale, I presume I'd just buy four tickets and that'd cover all three of us. By the way, just to assist my planning, what's the earliest date you'd get to Paris? I'm trying to work out when I'll arrive in England and when I'll come across to France.

It seems to rather bolt through Germany! I'm thinking I might schedule things so that we spend some time in Zurich between Liechtenstein and Amsterdam ... I know Alison wants to go to the Lindt factory (well, so do I!).

I'm impressed with how quick trains in Switzerland seem to be. I can get from Geneva to Liechtenstein in 4 hours 20 minutes despite changing trains three times! By the way, that reminds me of a question for you. People here often bemoan how poorly our trains run on time and like to cite Switzerland as an example of trains running stunningly to time. In your experience, how true is that?

If I get into the Paris presale, I presume I'd just buy four tickets and that'd cover all three of us. By the way, just to assist my planning, what's the earliest date you'd get to Paris? I'm trying to work out when I'll arrive in England and when I'll come across to France.

It seems to rather bolt through Germany! I'm thinking I might schedule things so that we spend some time in Zurich between Liechtenstein and Amsterdam ... I know Alison wants to go to the Lindt factory (well, so do I!).

I'm impressed with how quick trains in Switzerland seem to be. I can get from Geneva to Liechtenstein in 4 hours 20 minutes despite changing trains three times! By the way, that reminds me of a question for you. People here often bemoan how poorly our trains run on time and like to cite Switzerland as an example of trains running stunningly to time. In your experience, how true is that?

That'd be great! I'll let Vazza know. We can try and get tickets for Paris 2 then. I'll get to Paris the day before the first concert - I assume that will be Friday, but if they schedule another concert for Friday I'd go on Thursday.

The chocolate factory will give you guys enough energy for the entire trip!

You can trust the train system here. Of course there are delay, but they are very rare and generally would not be more than a few minutes. Seriously, I start to get annoyed when trains are like 2 minutes late! And connections are generally very good, so you rarely have to wait more than 20-30 minutes for the connecting train.

That'd be great! I'll let Vazza know. We can try and get tickets for Paris 2 then. I'll get to Paris the day before the first concert - I assume that will be Friday, but if they schedule another concert for Friday I'd go on Thursday.

The chocolate factory will give you guys enough energy for the entire trip!

You can trust the train system here. Of course there are delay, but they are very rare and generally would not be more than a few minutes. Seriously, I start to get annoyed when trains are like 2 minutes late! And connections are generally very good, so you rarely have to wait more than 20-30 minutes for the connecting train.

Yeah, let's hope we can get the Dublins and Paris I in the presale. That would be such a relief for all of us. Then we just have to brave the general sale for Dublin III and Paris II. And we're thinking of flying to England a little earlier, say the 6th or the 7th, but I don't want to get to Paris until the day you arrive ... I'm trying to avoid intruding on Alison's time in England with her friends too. Well, I'll have a play with the schedules. I'm enjoying myself, planning all this stuff.

Haha, for sure! I imagine we may just buy lots of chocolate too ... I don't suppose there are any chocolate factories to visit in Geneva too? :wink:

Wow, awesome. I'm a bit nervous about a couple of connections though - they're only 3 or 4 minutes between trains. Now, here in Melbourne, I would not be 100% confident in making that kind of connection! Would you feel comfortable with a 3 minute connection in Switzerland?

Yeah, let's hope we can get the Dublins and Paris I in the presale. That would be such a relief for all of us. Then we just have to brave the general sale for Dublin III and Paris II. And we're thinking of flying to England a little earlier, say the 6th or the 7th, but I don't want to get to Paris until the day you arrive ... I'm trying to avoid intruding on Alison's time in England with her friends too. Well, I'll have a play with the schedules. I'm enjoying myself, planning all this stuff.

Haha, for sure! I imagine we may just buy lots of chocolate too ... I don't suppose there are any chocolate factories to visit in Geneva too? :wink:

Wow, awesome. I'm a bit nervous about a couple of connections though - they're only 3 or 4 minutes between trains. Now, here in Melbourne, I would not be 100% confident in making that kind of connection! Would you feel comfortable with a 3 minute connection in Switzerland?

I should be able to tell you something concrete about dates in a week or so if that helps!

I am already feeling more confident with tickets. Hopefully by next weekend we will have a pretty good idea of everything!

There are chocolate factories here and I will take you guys there for sure!

A 3 minute connection sounds a bit short, but if you miss it are you completely screwed or can you find an alternative? 90% of times you'll make it, but you never know! Especially if you need to take a flight.

Ax, you'd be proud of me - I'm going to a pub watching RUGBY! France-England. I need to get ready for it. If you need any answers from me on planning, send me an email (I get them on my phone).

Have a good evening and see you tomorrow! :wave:

I'm starting to feel that a week or so split between France and Switzerland really is not going to be enough at all!

The 3 minute connection is for the first leg of Liechtenstein to Holland. I really badly want to take a train out of Liechtenstein ... I'll see if I can find a better option.

Haha, enjoy the game! And I don't normally say this, but go England! I'm not the French rugby team's biggest fan.

See you later! :wave:

Shit guys is anyone here??

Does anyone know Ax's last name? I NEED it to book the freakin' plane!

Nvm, I saved it ages ago and found it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom