Pringle, Texas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlotte, I suspect you'll be very tired in the morning.

:drool: Great location. I have two cans of Pringles here. :hmm: it's noon, should I eat some and call it lunch?

I just ate a couple of hot cross buns and called it dinner. I think Pringles make a respectable lunch!

I just ate a couple of hot cross buns and called it dinner. I think Pringles make a respectable lunch!

I'll be fine :D

DAMN. I HATE YOU. I've been craving hot cross buns since Thursday. Did you toast them? :drool:

Would it be respectable enough for tuf bono? :hmm:

I bought a can of original and hot n spicy, and I must say, original bores me. :hmm:

btw I got an offline message from Ali saying she'd book our condo tonight :D You guys had a chat?

she's not replying now though. She gave me the dates so I'll book the plane tonight if I can, since I gotta work in an hour.

Would it be respectable enough for tuf bono? :hmm:

I bought a can of original and hot n spicy, and I must say, original bores me. :hmm:

btw I got an offline message from Ali saying she'd book our condo tonight :D You guys had a chat?

she's not replying now though. She gave me the dates so I'll book the plane tonight if I can, since I gotta work in an hour.

I think if you added something ridiculous to it, it'd be respectable enough for tuf bono!

And yeah, we've been talking about it. Our only concern has been what Renato is doing for accommodation in Dublin - I haven't spoken to him about his Dublin plans. I'm guessing he won't be staying as long as us, though. Anyway, if it's just you, Alison, and I, then if we arrive on the 23rd and leave on the 31st, accommodation will cost us 244 Euro each.

At the moment, Alison's (finally!) packing for Mexico.

I think if you added something ridiculous to it, it'd be respectable enough for tuf bono!

And yeah, we've been talking about it. Our only concern has been what Renato is doing for accommodation in Dublin - I haven't spoken to him about his Dublin plans. I'm guessing he won't be staying as long as us, though. Anyway, if it's just you, Alison, and I, then if we arrive on the 23rd and leave on the 31st, accommodation will cost us 244 Euro each.

At the moment, Alison's (finally!) packing for Mexico.

:hmm: I have a cat? Cat on pringle?

Ah, well, if he only needs to stay a few days I don't see it being a problem if he crashes in our place. I'm sure there'll be a couch in the living room or else we could share the double bed with three, it's not like we'll be awake long enough to complain or anything! :lol: I fully expect to be so hyperactive on the way back from the gig that I'll pass out as soon as I touch a bed!

And that's a good price! :hmm: Much cheaper than I would've expected before I started checking up.

Now you're speaking of Renato, I need to check how to get the plane booked. Since we'll have three 2 way flights, he only needs a 1 way.. :hmm: Is it possible to book those together at all?

When is she leaving again? Tomorrow? :lol: It explains why she's not talking though.

:hmm: I have a cat? Cat on pringle?

Ah, well, if he only needs to stay a few days I don't see it being a problem if he crashes in our place. I'm sure there'll be a couch in the living room or else we could share the double bed with three, it's not like we'll be awake long enough to complain or anything! :lol: I fully expect to be so hyperactive on the way back from the gig that I'll pass out as soon as I touch a bed!

And that's a good price! :hmm: Much cheaper than I would've expected before I started checking up.

Now you're speaking of Renato, I need to check how to get the plane booked. Since we'll have three 2 way flights, he only needs a 1 way.. :hmm: Is it possible to book those together at all?

When is she leaving again? Tomorrow? :lol: It explains why she's not talking though.

That sounds tufbonotastic!

The room Alison and I are looking at for the three of us couldn't really fit him ... there'd be two single beds and the couch. Hopefully he'll be online soon and can let us know about his accommodation intentions. And we can work out the flights - I'm really not sure how you'd add the one-way flight. I suppose he'll have to book that separately.

And yeah, she leaves tomorrow morning! Last minute packing for her!

That sounds tufbonotastic!

The room Alison and I are looking at for the three of us couldn't really fit him ... there'd be two single beds and the couch. Hopefully he'll be online soon and can let us know about his accommodation intentions. And we can work out the flights - I'm really not sure how you'd add the one-way flight. I suppose he'll have to book that separately.

And yeah, she leaves tomorrow morning! Last minute packing for her!

Great. I'm not sure if my cat would approve me eating her, though.

Ah, well that's too bad. The flight booking shouldn't be a problem per se, since it's also available in English. What I do have to check is the payment options. Please not let it be creditcard only again. :crack:

:lol: Wow, that's VERY last minute!

Shite. AerLingus only accepts creditcards. :crack: Stone age website.

donderdag 23 juli 2009
LowFare FlexiFare Vertrek Aankomst Vlucht
14,99 271,99 Amsterdam 09:30 do 23 jul Dublin 10:10 do 23 jul EI603
22,99 271,99 Amsterdam 13:10 do 23 jul Dublin 13:45 do 23 jul EI605
14,99 271,99 Amsterdam 14:45 do 23 jul Dublin 15:20 do 23 jul EI607
14,99 271,99 Amsterdam 18:00 do 23 jul Dublin 18:35 do 23 jul EI609
22,99 271,99 Amsterdam 20:50 do 23 jul Dublin 21:30 do 23 jul EI611
Van Dublin Naar Amsterdam
vrijdag 31 juli 2009
24,99 281,99 Dublin 06:00 vr 31 jul Amsterdam 08:40 vr 31 jul EI602
24,99 281,99 Dublin 09:45 vr 31 jul Amsterdam 12:20 vr 31 jul EI604
24,99 281,99 Dublin 11:30 vr 31 jul Amsterdam 14:05 vr 31 jul EI606
32,99 281,99 Dublin 14:30 vr 31 jul Amsterdam 17:05 vr 31 jul EI608
24,99 281,99 Dublin 17:15 vr 31 jul Amsterdam 19:50 vr 31 jul EI610

Totaalprijs: EUR 125,43

What times do we travel? For the flight to Ireland I don't mind the earlier one, keep in mind however that we've 1 hour to travel by train first and you usually need to be at the airport way in advance.

The return flight, not the 6 am one please! :sad: We need to check the check out time on the condo for that one first, if you guys picked the 2nd one, that'll be 11 am, so we'd be best off with the 14.30 return flight. :hmm:

Great. I'm not sure if my cat would approve me eating her, though.

Ah, well that's too bad. The flight booking shouldn't be a problem per se, since it's also available in English. What I do have to check is the payment options. Please not let it be creditcard only again. :crack:

:lol: Wow, that's VERY last minute!

Shite. AerLingus only accepts creditcards. :crack: Stone age website.

Maybe just add something silly you find in the kitchen then. :wink:

Ah shit, so will Alison or I have to book it? Incidentally, speaking of all this stuff, I'm going to start a file listing exactly what everybody has bought and who owes whom how much. I want to keep track of this so that nobody ends up unfairly out of pocket!

Heh, I always pack the night before I leave ... it never takes me long, though.

Sleep well, Charlotte! :wave:

donderdag 23 juli 2009
14,99 271,99 Amsterdam 09:30 do 23 jul Dublin 10:10 do 23 jul EI603
22,99 271,99 Amsterdam 13:10 do 23 jul Dublin 13:45 do 23 jul EI605
14,99 271,99 Amsterdam 14:45 do 23 jul Dublin 15:20 do 23 jul EI607
14,99 271,99 Amsterdam 18:00 do 23 jul Dublin 18:35 do 23 jul EI609
22,99 271,99 Amsterdam 20:50 do 23 jul Dublin 21:30 do 23 jul EI611
vrijdag 31 juli 2009
24,99 281,99 Dublin 06:00 vr 31 jul Amsterdam 08:40 vr 31 jul EI602
24,99 281,99 Dublin 09:45 vr 31 jul Amsterdam 12:20 vr 31 jul EI604
24,99 281,99 Dublin 11:30 vr 31 jul Amsterdam 14:05 vr 31 jul EI606
32,99 281,99 Dublin 14:30 vr 31 jul Amsterdam 17:05 vr 31 jul EI608
24,99 281,99 Dublin 17:15 vr 31 jul Amsterdam 19:50 vr 31 jul EI610

Totaalprijs: EUR 125,43

What times do we travel? For the flight to Ireland I don't mind the earlier one, keep in mind however that we've 1 hour to travel by train first and you usually need to be at the airport way in advance.

The return flight, not the 6 am one please! :sad: We need to check the check out time on the condo for that one first, if you guys picked the 2nd one, that'll be 11 am, so we'd be best off with the 14.30 return flight. :hmm:

I think flying in the middle of the day is best. Going both ways, we can get up at a reasonable time, eat breakfast, get to the airport, and arrive with time to spare before we need to get dinner or anything. So for the flight there, I'd pick EI605 (13:10 departure), and for the flight back, I'd pick EI606 (11:30 departure).

PS Words like "totaalprijs" just give truth to my jokes about Dutch and English. :tongue:

Maybe just add something silly you find in the kitchen then. :wink:

Ah shit, so will Alison or I have to book it? Incidentally, speaking of all this stuff, I'm going to start a file listing exactly what everybody has bought and who owes whom how much. I want to keep track of this so that nobody ends up unfairly out of pocket!

Heh, I always pack the night before I leave ... it never takes me long, though.

:hmm: cat food?

Well, either that or I borrow my mothers card. I was hoping they accepted online banking so I could pay for this, and if I paid for the both of you it'd be 250, so that way I could be done for the bookings too, you'd just pay your part to Ali and it'd be done. Blegh, on days like this I really wish I had a creditcard.
What do we do about the tickets? It seems most logic to me that we do that at my house or so, at least for Amsterdam. If I had to pay you guys online now that would cost a lot more money due to bank costs, or I would have to do it trough paypal or so?

Sleep well, Charlotte! :wave:

I think flying in the middle of the day is best. Going both ways, we can get up at a reasonable time, eat breakfast, get to the airport, and arrive with time to spare before we need to get dinner or anything. So for the flight there, I'd pick EI605 (13:10 departure), and for the flight back, I'd pick EI606 (11:30 departure).

PS Words like "totaalprijs" just give truth to my jokes about Dutch and English. :tongue:

Sounds good, but I'm not sure about the flight back though, wasn't the check out for the condo 11 am? Or does that mean it has to be before 11 am? In that case it's fine ofcourse.

It does not! :angry: totaal = total, prijs = price. And it does not have weird vowels and lots of js in it. :madwife:

:hmm: cat food?

Well, either that or I borrow my mothers card. I was hoping they accepted online banking so I could pay for this, and if I paid for the both of you it'd be 250, so that way I could be done for the bookings too, you'd just pay your part to Ali and it'd be done. Blegh, on days like this I really wish I had a creditcard.
What do we do about the tickets? It seems most logic to me that we do that at my house or so, at least for Amsterdam. If I had to pay you guys online now that would cost a lot more money due to bank costs, or I would have to do it trough paypal or so?

Not sure you'd enjoy that. :wink:

Ahh, OK. It would be good if you could somehow handle the booking ... shame they don't have online banking.

Yeah, I think we should actually exchange money and tickets in person. I'd like to have a file of what we all owe, though, just to keep track of it and so that we all know exactly what to expect.

At the moment, if I'm not grossly mistaken, we have the following purchases:
Alison: 4x Amsterdam I GA
Renato: 4x Amsterdam II GA
You: 1x Amsterdam II GA

Sounds good, but I'm not sure about the flight back though, wasn't the check out for the condo 11 am? Or does that mean it has to be before 11 am? In that case it's fine ofcourse.

It does not! :angry: totaal = total, prijs = price. And it does not have weird vowels and lots of js in it. :madwife:

You can check out no later than 11, yeah. Though ... am I reading things wrong, or for the flight there, is EI607 cheaper than EI605?

:tongue: And "totaal = total" proves my point exactly. In my Fake Dutch, I'd have written "totaal prijse"!

Not sure you'd enjoy that. :wink:

Ahh, OK. It would be good if you could somehow handle the booking ... shame they don't have online banking.

Yeah, I think we should actually exchange money and tickets in person. I'd like to have a file of what we all owe, though, just to keep track of it and so that we all know exactly what to expect.

At the moment, if I'm not grossly mistaken, we have the following purchases:
Alison: 4x Amsterdam I GA
Renato: 4x Amsterdam II GA
You: 1x Amsterdam II GA

Yeah that was my thought too, though it doesn't make much of a difference. It would've been easier, and I wouldn't have the feeling I'm letting you guys do everything.

And that list seems correct. I'll just keep my GA so you guys can get 2 from Renato and he still has 2 for his wife and himself. He has seats for night 1 so we should check when to meet up. I hate doing important things at the last moment so perhaps it's safer to meet up with renato before the first day then so you guys can get the tickets for day 2 already, just in case we can't find him on day two or so. I assume we'll wait in line together but you just never know what happens y'know.

You can check out no later than 11, yeah. Though ... am I reading things wrong, or for the flight there, is EI607 cheaper than EI605?

:tongue: And "totaal = total" proves my point exactly. In my Fake Dutch, I'd have written "totaal prijse"!

Ah that's okay. And yes the return flights are cheaper, due to our airport tax. Fucking brilliant idea by the Dutch government. :happy: It's cause of CO2 reduction and all, but thanks to the retards people now fly from Dusseldorf or Brussels rather than Schiphol, thus going there by car and releasing more CO2 in the air.
Oh and Schiphol is losing a LOT of money thanks to that. :crack:

Yeah right. :wink: I'm so going to make you speak Dutch when you're here. We'll see how well your Fake Dutch fares.

Van Amsterdam Naar Dublin
Tarief 22,99
Belastingen en toeslagen 51,74
Totaal vlucht 74,73
Tarief 24,99
Belastingen en toeslagen 33,71
Totaal vlucht 58,70

Ze tax bizniz. belasting = tax.

Dudes! and Dudettes! :wave:

If anyone needs a U2 Pre-Sale code....I've got 4 Tickets waiting to be used by someone who can actually make use of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom