Princess Mary Hamlet of Tasmarks Frock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beli

Blue Crack Addict
So what does everyone think of the frock? The only photo I have found so far isnt a good one. ie.

040514princess.jpg

Looks nice. I like the sleeves but Im not fond of that veil thing. Maybe it looks better in motion. I didnt watch the wedding as I had some important sleeping to do.

But I do like a good frock :up:

my mom has a renaissance style wedding dress. i should find a pic...:hmm:

``I declare you to be man and wife before God and all of mankind,'' Norman Svendsen said.

Oh, thats a bit sexist - should be husband and wife, not man and chatel. I thought the Danes were supposed to be a bit more withit than the rest of us. :ohmy:

I watched the wedding last night, as I was up very late doing some uni work (why o why is it that I get inspired soooooooo late at night???) it was a nice wedding, I liked seeing all of the frocks that the ladies wore, it was very formal and I gotta say that Prince seemed like a real sweeite, he was getting all teary eyed as Mary was walking down the aisle- how cuuuuuute!!

I'm such a romantic and I thought that the dress looked nice, I hope their marriage works out well:)

Finally saw the 'ferret tale wedding'. It was beautiful, even if it was entirely in Danish. They do look happy. I thought the prince was going to pass out and keel over like one of the grooms on Funniest Home Videos.

Her dress did look better live. Ah, love a good wedding, do I.

I LOVE that dress, and the veil-the lace in it and the back, not especially how it looks from the front... but she carries it off beautifully

She is stunning

Last edited:
I briefly saw a clip from the wedding on the news, I don't think the whole thing was shown in the U.S. I think the dress is gorgeous, and so is she. Yeah, that's a tiara, it's European custom for married women of rank to wear them, thus the bride always wears one in a royal wedding.

The uniforms didnt have hats. Some of the men did, just not Prince Frederic (sp?) and Prince Joakim (sp? major big time). I have been to a military wedding before and I love all the men in their hats and gloves and shiny buttons. :drool:

There's hope for you yet Avsgirl! In the paper there was a story on one of her bridesmaids, her friend of 10 years or something who is still single and Frederik and Mary apparently tried matching making with 3 other single dashing Princes, Prince Gustav, Prince Pavlos (?) and some other hottie looking Euro who's name I can't recall :D

:hyper:

Now if I can just become friends with Princess Mary... :hmm: Should be easy enough!

They did that issue of Vogue or Vanity Fair, can't remember which, for Prince William's 21st birthday that listed all the young, eligible royals...it's like a catalogue. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom