Princess Letizias Wedding Frock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beli

Blue Crack Addict
Another weekend and interference is deserted.

Also another royal wedding. Has anyone got a photo of Letizias entire dress?

23kiss.jpg

photo.cms

'The Kissy Kissy On The Verandah' scene.

Cept it looks like the film has come back from Kmart printed backwards. Either that or Spanish people wear their wedding rings on their right hands. :|

I preferred your running commentary to the actual wedding :up:

what on earth where they doing on that balcony anyway
a peck on the cheek??
now really

I just watched the wedding. Thankful it was just half an hour of edited "highlights". Gawd that was dull.

:InsertBoredToTearsSmilieHere:

What was the Lets Go To Two Churches bit all about? :confused:

And they did put the rings on their right hands. Right as in opposite to left ie wrong hands. Spanish people are weird (Beli realises she has gone her whole life without learning a single slang expression for "Spanish people" :| )

Salome, the kiss was a bit pathetic.

PS Everytime I go to paste into this post I keep getting one of Ronos Dutch posts that I was trying to translate. Maybe I should leave it in here. Its certainly more interesting.
:|

<attempts to say something nice>

The red carpet was very red. :up:

beli said:
photo.cms

'The Kissy Kissy On The Verandah' scene.

Cept it looks like the film has come back from Kmart printed backwards. Either that or Spanish people wear their wedding rings on their right hands. :|

They wear their wedding rings on their right hands :up:

Letizia's head gear was better than Queen Sofias anyway:

_40184149_300elipe_sofia_ap.jpg

I really like Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz (which they cannot pronounce on the news here) :cute:

I like the whole Spanish Royal family actually, you wouldn't see Prince William marrying a "common" woman who had already been married once before.

I thought the funniest part of the wedding was seeing nephew Felipe booting one of the other children. haha.

Lara Mullen said:

Letizia's head gear was better than Queen Sofias anyway:

Yep, that was weird. There was another woman with the same black thingie as well.

I like the whole Spanish Royal family actually, you wouldn't see Prince William marrying a "common" woman who had already been married once before.

Theres been lots of press here after the Danish Royal Wedding last week. And how much nicer and normal they seem and maybe we should swap the English one for the Danish one. The Danes, and probably the Spanish, seem to be a bit more in touch with reality.

I thought the funniest part of the wedding was seeing nephew Felipe booting one of the other children. haha.

Ha, we didnt get that bit. Bummer. Sounds like a highlight.

The British Royal family only seem to get bad publicity, the press here love to put something shocking about them on the front pages.

The Spanish Royal family seem to be really loved in Spain, but I only get that impression from a handful of Spanish folk and Hola! :reject:

The majority of Spain is Catholic yes, I think it is just tradition there to wear their wedding rings on their right hand but I will ask Miguel why they do this :up: There is a tradition someone told me about once and it has something to do with the bride having 13 gold coins that are given to her by her husband on their wedding day and it is supposed to symbolise that he trusts her or something. I am not Spanish and therefore could be completely wrong, I will ask my friend later about their wedding customs :up:

One thing I have noticed is that Spanish women seem to have really simple engagement rings, they usually just have a gold band with a little diamond in it.

Prince thingie gave Princess thingie 13 gold coins. Well, roughly 13. The priest dropped them in the flowers so Im not too sure how many she actually received. My husband, who was raised a Catholic, reckons the priest dropped them deliberately so he could keep a few. :lol:

I think he blesses them or something on some sort of tray
I only seen snippets of the wedding on the news chanels so I didn't see that bit :up:

Diane L said:
It's cool how there's been two big royal weddings in the past few weeks. Both brides are lovely.

The sad thing is, this sort of thing reminds me of Diana. I still miss her. :sad:

Ditto. I watched her wedding too. I still have a scrapbook full of pictures of that wedding.

nice dress, but I think I like Tasmark's better and by the sounds of it, their wedding was better 'reality' TV viewing (BTW, I still give a little sigh, when I think about that Prince shedding a tear whilst waiting for Mary to waltz down the aisle- it was just sooooo cute and somehow it didnt make me want to throw up!!!)

I agree. The Spanish one wasnt very emotional at all. Their Queen was very smiley which was good. She was obviously happy about it all but the rest of them didnt seem to have an emotion between them.

I was thinking maybe the Spanish one was more important and thusly more serious. There was more of the big guns royals at the Spanish one eg Prince Charles whereas the Danish wedding had Prince Edward and Sophie. Maybe that affected the tone of the weddings?

I really liked the dress, except for the neck line.. It looks very "Elvis Presley" if you knwo what I mean...Maybe it doens't make sense but it kinda reminds me to the jackets he used to wear...

As for the kiss, as Salome said: what were they thinking? I know the Protocole suggest not to be very very affectionate in public, but come on! it's their wedding day! A little peck on the lips won't hurt anybody!

And there has been lots of criticism towards Letizia because she didn't show any emotion at all...No tears, no smiles, no nothing...Either she was very nervous or she was having second thought about the whole thing.. :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom