Prince - Musicology

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bono's shades

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I just heard the song and saw the video for the first time this morning. I was very impressed - not jaw-dropping-on-the-floor impressed like i was with Purple Rain and Sign o' the Times, but the song was really good. And the video is cute!

Has anyone heard the whole album yet? It seems to be getting good reviews, but you never know if you can trust music critics.

I need to listen to it--we all got a free copy at his concert the other night.

How was the show? I wanted to see him when he was in Ames a couple weeks ago, but I had a conflict and couldn't go. I just heard today he's playing Minneapolis for three straight nights in June, so I'll get another chance.

I wonder if they are still going to give out free copies of the CD at concerts now that it is available in stores? Probably not.

I wrote a journal entry about the show if you would like a complete rundown (sorry, I'm lazy tonight!). He's a great performer, but the show was a huge bummer. He reduced most of his hits to one verse melodies, and this is supposedly the last time he'll do all his hits live. Seemed like he was just getting them out of the way. My friend and I even left early--something neither of us had ever done before at a show!

just heard the song and saw the video for the first time this morning. I was very impressed - not jaw-dropping-on-the-floor impressed like i was with Purple Rain and Sign o' the Times, but the song was really good. And the video is cute!
I heard and saw it last night. I also liked it.

i heard from a very reliable source that it's not so good.

but this very reliable source also informed me that the me from ten years ago would kick the me of today's ass, so hey ...

:wink:

~LadyLemon~ said:
I wrote a journal entry about the show if you would like a complete rundown (sorry, I'm lazy tonight!). He's a great performer, but the show was a huge bummer. He reduced most of his hits to one verse melodies, and this is supposedly the last time he'll do all his hits live. Seemed like he was just getting them out of the way. My friend and I even left early--something neither of us had ever done before at a show!

shitty deal. i'm going to see him in july and if he doesn't do much of the old stuff i'll be quite disappointed.

thank god i didn't get the real expensive tickets.

meegannie said:
Is he doing weird versions of some of his songs because of the Jehovah's Witness thing? :confused:

Yes.

It is dissapointing to fans of some of his earlier "racey" songs (like me)- he is editing the songs and pulling words or verses out of these songs. :down:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
well the changing of lyrics is a small price to pay for the off chance that one sunday morning there may be a knock at your door, and when you open that door, prince will be outside in a purple puffy shirt asking if you've found Jesus.

:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom