Prince Caspian Trailer!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, she was probably changing your diapers for you, since you mom was too busy showing me the path to manhood.

Sci-Fi likes to produce a lot of crap. They have their few successes, but, boy oh boy do the churn out shit in a genre they're supposed to be experts on.

I watched the original Star Wars with both of your Moms.

LemonMacPhisto said:
If that's what you want to call it.

lolz-you-fail.jpg

You didn't have to be Merlin to forsee a Lance's Mom reference coming on that one.

Not that it wasn't funny.

BTW, is there a worse writing/directing moment in the prequel trilogy than the LOTR crew posing like they're taking a family reunion photo, and Elrond saying "You shall be...the Fellowship of the Ring!"

God that was awful.

Luckily the rest of the film made up for it, save for the cave troll scene, which included the equally terrible expository line "They have a cave troll."

lazarus said:
BTW, is there a worse writing/directing moment in the prequel trilogy than the LOTR crew posing like they're taking a family reunion photo, and Elrond saying "You shall be...the Fellowship of the Ring!"

God that was awful.

Luckily the rest of the film made up for it, save for the cave troll scene, which included the equally terrible expository line "They have a cave troll."

To answer your question, probably yes, but I'm sure as hell not going to watch the prequels again to find it. I do know there's some absolutely abysmal writing in parts of Attack of the Clones though, no matter how you spin Lucas' intentions.

And I'm glad the cave troll line exists, because otherwise one of my all time favorite inside jokes would be lost. :(

"If into the security monitors you go, only pain will you find."

My friend and I love this line from Sith for some reason. That and the "little green friend" line from Palpy.

LemonMacPhisto said:
"If into the security monitors you go, only pain will you find."

My friend and I love this line from Sith for some reason. That and the "little green friend" line from Palpy.

:laugh:

Good call.

Yeah, those lines are cheesy, but it's the combination of the contrived, expositionary nature of the dialogue, combined with the posed nature of that group shot that's just terrible.

The only thing I can think of that compares is the introduction of Artoo in the Phantom Menace--"we owe this droid our thanks". I mean, you don't thank your toaster for preventing your bread from getting burned, right? But at least the whole scene plays out instead of this quick little awkward moment like in Fellowship.

I kind of ignored it because Agent Smith said it, honestly.

V / Megatron / Elrond / Agent Smith, I mean.

Bad writing in the prequels combined with bad acting - I dunno, any Anakin/Padme romantic scenes ? I wonder what the assesment of those movies would be if Lucas The Great wasn't behind them.

U2girl said:
Bad writing in the prequels combined with bad acting - I dunno, any Anakin/Padme romantic scenes ? I wonder what the assesment of those movies would be if Lucas The Great wasn't behind them.

I'd still hate them.

Lucas being behind them is part of why people hate them so much. Also, while the romantic scenes were poorly written, they were all very nicely shot, esp. the scene by the waterfall in Clones. Portman looks luminous.

Back
Top Bottom